+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Maintenance mode for Rift Live

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Scott Hartsman needs to come up with a plan to revive Rift and show it to Trion's board to get more funding. Rift team needs to be 2-3 times bigger.

That needs to happen very soon. Or just call it a day.
    What is this?! A dev team for ants?! It needs to be at least... three times as big!
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Yesterday night there was around 40 lvl 70 online on Zaviel .
    If they want the game alive they should do something very soon.
    Outside prime time for some hours game is dead

Sword of Telara

The notes for hotfix #16 just went up and are two lines. One bug fix and another store mount.

So yeah maintenance mode continues.

Soulwalker

So what projects do you think they are using all the resources for? Obviously it's not for Rift.

Champion

Since I left WoW last year, I've been playing PoE, ESO, and Rift, although I'm focusing more on Rift the past few weeks.

Today I decided to see what the player numbers are for these games. Google is your friend, because I'm not going to put numbers here that you may or may not believe. Go see for yourself.

But now I understand why ESO is putting out new expansions/DLC at such a fast pace. They just released Summerset, and already we have been told what the next DLC (2 new raids) and expansion is going to be (with release scheduled for later this year).

It's all about the player numbers, and when you average as low a number of active players as Rift does, it becomes clear that there's hardly any money coming in (from Rift), and therefore there's not much that the company can do.

I hope this game doesn't disappear anytime soon because I like it, but it doesn't look good.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    It's all about the player numbers, and when you average as low a number of active players as Rift does, it becomes clear that there's hardly any money coming in (from Rift), and therefore there's not much that the company can do.
    This was discussed awhile back. It is too bad they overlooked the discussion. In the thread it was stated that only about 15% pay into the game monthly when it was free to play.

So there is two ways they could approach this. Remove all the non payers until the population is only 15% the size it was or grow the population so that it is 10x bigger and grow the 15% so its 10 times bigger. Or they can just shrink the population. I think they chose to shrink the population because it was clear as day what the new itemization features that role, class, content locked players would have done to the populaton. Adding 11 slots of tank and 11 slots of PVP fragments didn't help. All of this was only inflated by the really horrid class balances. Telling players they need only level 4 to 6 upgraded fragments and watching players do nearly 50% more damage at that level didn't help either! Today you only have 15% of the 15% paying probably and it keeps shrinking until they address the class balance and itemization issues.

And even then it may be too late. Too much neglect and this terrible meta balancing has been ingrained. Even if they wanted to do it the right way now they may upset the players who pay to play the game and are use to their class being the way it is now.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 06-12-2018 at 08:43 PM.

I canceled my subscription yesterday, I no longer want to put money in this hamster cage (do your weekly BoS and intel farm ad nauseum)

Quote Originally Posted by Treponem View Post
    I canceled my subscription yesterday, I no longer want to put money in this hamster cage (do your weekly BoS and intel farm ad nauseum)
    The sad part is there wont be any new content till after the summer, so 11 months (minimum, no doubt they will delay it further) of running the same 3 boring bosses until we get a rehash raid. Takes almost a year to increase the HP pool, ignore all feedback and push it out to live for testing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    At this point we're looking more at after summer for really new Live content but that could change depending on how fast the team goes.

Really really there is nothing changing or adjustment near the horizon only cash shop addition. Bad news if you think they fix anything this game has nothing except spending on there. Your all the lucky ones if you bought all your crit power fragment its nothing really when your beating those new exciting bosses of course you can also go to plane of water to try to do very fun fire invasion or do a nightmare rift because that was three years ago. But what if your not getting enough from doing enough you get those attack power fragment that are in super rng why is this so bad not insanely lucky. There is no turn back all you do is wait for them to rework I mean it but they don't do anything I think that's old

You can remove this its not a suggestion

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    This was discussed awhile back. It is too bad they overlooked the discussion. In the thread it was stated that only about 15% pay into the game monthly when it was free to play.

So there is two ways they could approach this. Remove all the non payers until the population is only 15% the size it was or grow the population so that it is 10x bigger and grow the 15% so its 10 times bigger. Or they can just shrink the population. I think they chose to shrink the population because it was clear as day what the new itemization features that role, class, content locked players would have done to the populaton. Adding 11 slots of tank and 11 slots of PVP fragments didn't help. All of this was only inflated by the really horrid class balances. Telling players they need only level 4 to 6 upgraded fragments and watching players do nearly 50% more damage at that level didn't help either! Today you only have 15% of the 15% paying probably and it keeps shrinking until they address the class balance and itemization issues.

And even then it may be too late. Too much neglect and this terrible meta balancing has been ingrained. Even if they wanted to do it the right way now they may upset the players who pay to play the game and are use to their class being the way it is now.
    First, it's important to note that people who "pay into the game monthly" do not make up the entirety of "payers." Patron (Rift's monthly subscription service) is only one of many available microtransactions.

Whether you're suggesting removing everyone who's never made a credit card purchase, everyone who's never availed themselves of a credit seller, everyone who's never paid plat for REX, or everyone who isn't currently paying for Patron, do you legitimately feel that reducing the playerbase by any amount (much less the 85% you propose) would be healthy for the game? The marginal cost of supporting these players is comparatively small, the whole point of F2P is to wait for free players to buy something, and - most importantly - these players play the game. If you thought it was tough to find a group for PvP, dungeons, or raids now, imagine what it would be like with 85% of the playerbase gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    The sad part is there wont be any new content till after the summer, so 11 months (minimum, no doubt they will delay it further) of running the same 3 boring bosses until we get a rehash raid. Takes almost a year to increase the HP pool, ignore all feedback and push it out to live for testing anyway.
    I've heard something about an HP increase of some kind, but haven't been able to find any concrete or official information explaining the situation. Do you have a link or something where I can learn more?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    I can't assume to know how much money Trion makes off of Rift.. but I do know that they need players logging on the game in order for these players to spend money. And right now the Rift team is doing a terrible job of getting people to log on.

Create and release new content (zones, raids, quests etc)
    Create grinds (currency, plat, notoriety, planar attunement, guild xp, etc)
    Create gear upgrades (crafting, pvp, eternal, etc)

This is all stuff that will get people logging on and playing the game and guess what, they will end up spending money whether it's buying patron, buying cool outfits, gifting stuff to their friends, or buying REX to get some plat.

I know a TON of players that spent a lot of money on this game, that have just stopped logging in because guess what, THERE IS NO REASON TO LOG INTO RIFT RIGHT NOW because there is NOTHING NEW TO DO.

Im of the opinion that when Prime launched and TRION got the infusion of cash from both the added subs and packs sold we would of seen some movement in the development department. Sadly for those few devs trying to keep RIFT afloat this wasnt to be. Such a golden oppurtunity squandered. The players that could have been brought into the game have moved on.

Plane Walker

The sad thing is they cant even do the very basic things of an MMO - never mind new stuff.

The released broken fragments and promised fixes - didnt deliver. Should we wait till the next expac for this.

They released expac w very little content - people paid for this content - but apparently no more is coming any time soon.

They dont even do the basics like balancing, bug fixes, updating guild quests and rewards for stuff. Why isnt there a IROTP weekly giving intel? Why isnt there a weekly for BOS?

They literally dont do a thing and then act like (Wait for it) we are the problem.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    They released expac w very little content - people paid for this content - but apparently no more is coming any time soon.
    If it makes you feel any better, Star Trek Online's new expansion is one new race with a few hours' worth of exclusive new missions, and a new queue bugged to be incompletable. Players reached the new level cap within as little as one to two minutes of logging in after the patch (no exaggeration), a new bug made players above the level cap unable to PvP, and a new bug made players in PvE instances get mentored down so low that they can't complete it.

PoA is an amazing expansion by comparison.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Telaran

It'll be interesting, if not sad, to see what is in the patch notes this week. Maybe a reskinned cosmetic for cash and a bug fix in Iron Pine. The strategy this expansion has been pretty obvious - you can't please every body, so focus on dimensioneers and those that buy cosmetics.

Here we are, 1.5 years later, with maybe 20% of the population remaining (pulled that number from me bum, frankly) and no hope or vision for the future. Community relations folks mislead us, blame us, ignore us, and call us "non-constructive" for voicing discontent or making suggestions. That's when they do communicate, which is shockingly uncommon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast