+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree320Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Maintenance mode for Rift Live

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    FFXiV you say?

I heard that's a pretty good game.
    It is. Initially I was afraid that abilities are oversimplified, but turns out it not the case. I first leveling tank (you could have all classes and jobs on the same char, but you need to level each of them separately - character itself does not have level) and when I looked at proper dps guides I've chosen easiest dps class for now, as most dps jobs are too complex for me (and macros are huge dps loss). Granted I still have to finish leveling and I have not seen raids yet, but I like game a lot so far.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    Solutions are always easy to those that only have to speculate about them on a forum as opposed to those that must actually determine and then implement them, all within the constraint of available resources rather than imagined ones.
    It's about using the resources correctly. If you can barely support a live game don't create additional services i.e. challenge servers.

I have no idea about their financials but Trove and Atlas Reactor appear to be doing well. It might be nice for once to pour some money from other games into Rift rather than the other way round.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    FFXiV you say?

I heard that's a pretty good game.
    After the SFP release when there was no raid content for over 6 months I tried FF14 and also all the raids at this time in FF14 (as an example Titan Extreme, Ifrit Extreme, Odin Extreme) I got bored pretty quickly. I found the combat system and also the item system rather superficial and there is little scope for theorycrafting. As someone who likes to experiment, Rift is the better game. But without new content, it's all worthless.
    Last edited by Bamul; 04-27-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Plane Touched

Default Agreed- I miss the old Rift - no this does not mean Prime

The game has been in a type of maintenance mode for some time. The Prime server is just a way to pay for slower xp of nearly the same content on Live. My guild is but a shell of what it was- and I have been off playing WoW for over a year. I enjoy the other game because it is still offering the shiny things that MMO players play for- fresh content and levelled dungeons and raids- and decent PvP. A few of my raiders came over with me- but others are playing FFIV, Black Desert Online, and GW2. I miss them. I miss my old raider buddies in game, I miss the 20 man runs, I miss CQ, miss when my cleric was a great dps and healer. But this is nostalgia- I would only return if balance, fresh content, lessuseless grind, and greater rewards were implemented. It was difficult for me to move on- I still have a guild I take care of in Rift but it is not very active. I would love for it to be more active.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    After the SFP release when there was no raid content for over 6 months I tried FF14 and also all the raids at this time in FF14 (as an example Titan Extreme, Ifrit Extreme, Odin Extreme) I got bored pretty quickly. I found the combat system and also the item system rather superficial and there is little scope for theorycrafting. As someone who likes to experiment, Rift is the better game. But without new content, it's all worthless.
    These are trials, not raids, trials are simple 1 boss fights, like TQF in rift.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    These are trials, not raids, trials are simple 1 boss fights, like TQF in rift.
    I also did the raids (Bahamut and Alexander at this time), but my problem with the FF14 are not the raids but the combat system, it just feels clunky to me and it has no real depth compared to the Rift combat system.

At that time there were only two raids and these were quite monotonously designed. Nothing compared to something like Hammerhall or MoM in terms of variety.

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    I also did the raids, but my problem with the FF14 are not the trails and raids but the combat system, it just doesn't feel fluid to me and it has no real depth.
    Well, I agree that there is no much space for theorycrafting, as abilities opened in predefined order and you could only pick couple of abilities from other classes. But combat system is far from trivial. Especially for dps - tanks are not too different from rift imho.
    Last edited by Isp; 04-27-2018 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    It is. Initially I was afraid that abilities are oversimplified, but turns out it not the case. I first leveling tank (you could have all classes and jobs on the same char, but you need to level each of them separately - character itself does not have level) and when I looked at proper dps guides I've chosen easiest dps class for now, as most dps jobs are too complex for me (and macros are huge dps loss). Granted I still have to finish leveling and I have not seen raids yet, but I like game a lot so far.
    It was a joke on my part.

I pretty much have all characters at 70 and am a full omni-crafter in XiV.

The combat throws people off, but it's honestly the smoothest tab target MMO out there because the GCD prevents animations from being interrupted for the most-part.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

Rift Disciple

I put Rift into maintenance mode for me...log in once a week to quest (maybe) with a guild mate.
    Been questing through ESO (1 char for each faction) and playing around with STO.
    Co-GM of Haganai <Faeblight>
    GM of Filthy Casual <Gelidra> <deleted chars and guild>
    No more money for Trion til changes made

I'm of the opinion that if your releasing more old content as new content than actual new content your probably in the final steps before maintenance mode. Just going off what I've seen before. I really do hope things get better. Personally the things that made me nope out have been on the back burner for over a year.

Telaran

At this point, I'm not quite sure why people are only considering the idea of not renewing their sub. Clearly that's not been enough to prompt actual action to be taken by Trion. I think it's reached the point where people now need to actively drop sub in order to get ANY kind of response.

I am saddened that there can't even be a dev response to the growing conversations of the past few months about how Rift Live is just about finished.

Prophet of Telara

I don`t understand why it became so freaking hard to change or make anything in this game. Is it really that hard to make some simple QoL changes or small babysteps balance adjustments ?

Here are a few, very simple QoL changes that would make this game a least a bit better.

- give Intel for killing T1 bosses
    - make a weekly quest for IROTP/TD NM - rewards: T1 and T2 marks, Engine and a chance for a Storm Cell
    - allow us to buy fragment boxes with T1 raid marks, lower the plat price of frag upgrades by 50% (again)
    - give a small amount of T2 marks for daily SPE and WF

I won`t belive you if you tell me it`s hard to make these kind of changes.

As for balance. Can`t you just start with some simple babysteps changes like:

- Increase Blade of the Ascended (Riftblade) bonus by 20%
    - Increase Empyrean Ascension (Harb) slash attacks bonus by 20%
    - Lower Leg Scything Strike bonus by 20 %

These are just a few simple examples. Why can`t you just put that for a week and let us test it ? What could go wrong ? If for some reason the game is even more imbalanced then you can revert it.

Well unless its hard to change one number.....
    Last edited by Lokken`; 04-27-2018 at 01:23 PM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Here are a few, very simple QoL changes that would make this game a least a bit better.

- give Intel for killing T1 bosses
    - make a weekly quest for IROTP/TD NM - rewards: T1 and T2 marks, Engine and a chance for a Storm Cell
    - allow us to buy fragment boxes with T1 raid marks, lower the plat price of frag upgrades by 50% (again)
    - give a small amount of T2 marks for daily SPE and WF
    These are good ideas. Putting a small amount of T2 marks on expert/warfront dailies would at least give some reason to do these activities. Fragment boxes for T1 marks would also be a simple and positive step.

With regards to balance changes this is exactly what should be done. Do little changes to souls and see how it goes. The souls currently are so out of whack that what is the worse that could happen? Can it be any worse for warrior right now with our top dps soul being a single target healing soul?

Come on guys, set aside a little time for these small taks which might have larger returns

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    I don`t understand why it became so freaking hard to change or make anything in this game. Is it really that hard to make some simple QoL changes or small babysteps balance adjustments ?
    I still don't understand why they don't just try such small changes. Now is the perfect time for experiments on the Live Server. It really can't be that hard to make a few small changes every week and then see if it works.
    Last edited by Bamul; 04-27-2018 at 02:03 PM.

BMX
    Plane Walker

With the prime craze still in high gear, there is insufficient manpower available to do anything else, it seems. Now that Keyens is off to other pastures, the nerfbat has grown dusty.
    Thank God! The one thing that went out with the bath water was the buffbat! Really, we need the soul system scaled properly. That has been omitted from development and sorely needs to be returned. Part of the job, in terms of expansion development is scaling the soul system, period!

We have lost too many players since NT came to a close and SFP opened due to this as well as an absurd RNG (I see it as a gambling fetish) only model.

What needs to happen is soul scaling, notoriety relevance, elimination of boxes that do NOT have a label as to what's inside, along with a wholesale revamp of the fragment system.

1. Notoriety shall be required for eligibility for fragments from each zone.
    2. Boxes shall have a label reflecting contents. *1
    3. Fragments shall have upgrade paths that are viewable. *2
    4. IRC no longer applied to zone activities.

*1. Boxes can and should be labeled to allow us to choose the one we desire.
    *2. Fragments shall have an upgrade path that can be reviewed before currency is blown and a
    player gets screwed out of their currency by RNG.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast