+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tenebrean Engine

Shadowlander

Default Tenebrean Engine

I have a problem with the above component:

For months I can't upgrade my armor because I haven't received any Tenebrean Engine.

Every week I run all possible instances where this can drop, trying to use every possibility. Every week I think: Something is wrong here, why don't I at least get one once in a while?

Meanwhile I have the third (!!!) armor set (incompletely) that I can't upgrade. Fortunately there are friendly players who take me with them into the instances despite my low armor and damage values, but I am nowhere really useful. I would like to make a little bit progress and run in normal modes (especially since I also need some bosses there for upgrading equipment) or even heavier instances and raids, but my equipment doesn't allow that.

The highlight is my necklace I bought at the last autumn event (!!!) with event currency. Until today I could not upgrade it, because I lack Tenebrean engines. Week after week, month after month I wait patiently for a drop, but I'm afraid I'm never really getting on with my armor.

I'm not talking about one or two engines dropping for others and less for me, many weeks and months none dropping for me. Since I already need 2 engines per upgrade for the higher armor it is illusory to make progress with it. Nor am I an impatient person, for me everything does not have to happen overnight, it can take time until I'm reasonably equipped. But nothing goes on without this component. Players who turned 70 at about the same time as me (october 2017) are much further along and are making good progress, for some of them the engines meanwhile piling up because they no longer need them.

For patrons there is the possibility to exchange engines in the shop. I'm not a patron, and only for this component I don't want to be one either. Of course the patrons should have advantages, but I would be happy if there would be the possibility to get a Tenebrean engine for all at least once a week in any other way than by random drop.

Perhaps it is possible to provide the engines as a reward for a weekly as a choice? The random principle of the drop rate varies, ok, but if nothing drops over very, very, VERY long periods of time there is no chance of upgrading anything. Or maybe there's a way to build in an exchange engines for captured intel or other game currency at a vendor in Celestial lands, or build in the chance for an engine at other events or activities?

Other players with the same problem wrote to support and understandably received no answer that helps in any manner. Perhaps there is a possibility which offers a guaranteed chance at least once per week not only for patrons?

That would be really great!

Thank you very much!

I hope you understand my English.
    Last edited by Valiope; 04-16-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Please confirm that you are running TD NM and IROTP fully once a week? TD ez mode has a terrible drop rate of engines. There is no way you can rely on this, particularly if you're only doing it twice a week and not spending IRC's.

TD Nm, irotp, golems and TD mini bosses is what you need to focus on. If you aren't at the level to do these don't expect to upgrade your gear to the next stage (this is the natural progression). You did state that you're running all possible instances, so I'm assuming you are doing this? If you are then surely you have eternal as well? As the 1st stage of eternal is usually a pre requisite to these. If you haven't got eternal yet, then shame on you for making this post! Eternal IS your damage! Particularly how it's so much easier to get now..

Now if you have eternal you could potentially squeeze in 1st boss in Bastion. Doing this for at least 4-6 weeks will probably get you a T2 piece and hopefully a drop. That's 2 pieces that don't need engines. This requires decent enough dps, and a guild to help you. You also need to grind intel from RR's and Colossi. This will get you the intel needed for the earings, necklace and rings. That's less items you need engines for. If you haven't got this yet, then you're trying to do stuff in the wrong order.

All in all you only need about 8 engines, the rest should come through natural progression of BoS and intel.

Natural Order:

Experts -> Buy Head and Wand -> TD ez LFR gear -> Eternal & upgrade head & wand several stages -> IROTP -> TD NM -> Upgrade some Tier 1 -> 2nd stage eternal / Head & Wand almost full upgraded -> 1st Boss BoS -> Upgrade rest of Tier 1 while buying/dropping T2 -> Ready for BoS.

All while grinding intel for rings, necklaces and earrings. DO NOT upgrade golems/minibosses drops. Waste of engines.

Finally, if you aren't willing to spend a single dollar, then expect it to take forever, this is what F2P is like. You would find yourself gearing up a lot quicker with the assistance of patron. Remember people spent at least 6 months trying to upgrade T1, you're lucky as you now have access to BoS and Intel jewellery to not have to do half of what we did.

Oh and is your fragments all level 15? Should be if you want to make damage! Otherwise play support or heals in raids.
    Last edited by Refuge; 04-16-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

First you are not running all instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiope View Post
    I would like to make a little bit progress and run in normal modes (especially since I also need some bosses there for upgrading equipment) or even heavier instances and raids, but my equipment doesn't allow that.
    The normal or T1 raids are the main source of engines.

The droprate of engines from TD em bosses is 1/20 as far as I know. So on average 1 engine every 2.5 week if you do 2 each week, but you know RNG may not be on your side. The probability of not getting any engine in two months is about 3%. (17 runs) So you are not the only one who isn't getting anything. It simply isn't a fair system.

Note that most dps increase comes from eternal and fragments and essences with crit power. Also playing the right spec correctly is very important. You can get the requirements for irotp without upgrading anything with engines. However we can extend this topic to the droprate of upgrade parts in the T2 raid. Some people gets lots, others none. I see no good reason to keep this RNG in the game.

Shadowlander

Thank you for your reaction!
    But understand me right: I don't want any presents, I go the way everyone else does. And I grind and farm and grind and farm as much as anyone else. But I don't think there is the ultimate way, and neither does a game have to be highly efficient for me.

I could never make the first steps because of lack of engines. So I had to make detours but have been stagnating for quite some time now.

As I wrote, I am dependent on someone to take me along who can make up for my missing damage and has no problem with it. I run randomly so often, but also often I get kicked because I don't live up to expectations.

Minis, golems, IRC's, I try to use everything as much as I can. So like RR, Vostigar Dailys, zone events, everything for farming Intel's and other. What's the point if I can't upgrade anything? Whether with drives or because no one takes me into higher inis with better drop rate? I would like to do this myself, but if you can't upgrade an armor set, you won't even get the set bonus.

Just because I wanted to go the normal way, I wish to have improved my equipment bit by bit, but never had this opportunity. For the Eternal I also have to run high inis, so I'm on the last step. But the weapon alone does not compensate everything.

I didn't say I wasn't spending real money on Rift either, that's your guess. I just don't have patron, because I don't think it's necessary for me to speed things up. I just wanted equal opportunities for everyone, as far as the equipment is concerned, I don't envy the advantages to the patrons. I would only like to see one - also a little harder - possibility for casuals to get engines. Harder but not impossible because of no drop.

Strangely enough: the only engine dropped in TD easy months ago.
    Where can I find a list of drop chances for the engines?

8 engines? I dream about it, I only have one in my vault since weeks.
    Last edited by Valiope; 04-16-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    The droprate of engines from TD em bosses is 1/20 as far as I know. So on average 1 engine every 2.5 week if you do 2 each week, but you know RNG may not be on your side. The probability of not getting any engine in two months is about 3%. (17 runs) So you are not the only one who isn't getting anything. It simply isn't a fair system.
    Thank you for your answer too!

I still dream about 1 engine in a month... I know it sounds unbelievable, but I'm not lying about my loot luck.
    I run more then the free loot runs, but all my IRC's are gone without any engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    Note that most dps increase comes from eternal and fragments and essences with crit power. Also playing the right spec correctly is very important.
    I do all I can with the other parts of equipment, and luckily I have good advisors for my specs, macros and playing techniques. But... nobody is perfect, and of course I always and everywhere can still improve something.

Champion

Judging by your English, I assume you are playing on EU - I could be wrong though. However, if the OP is playing on EU then s/he will have a hard time getting into random T1 groups since everybody these days asks for achieves & eternal link. The problem is that you have to get INTO iROTP at least 6 times before you can get an eternal to link. NA pugs seem to be a bit more lenient with requirements.

Also, getting tenebrian engines is quite slow and although that's usually not a problem with LFR gear, the thing that hurts is that you don't get your set bonus without getting engines.

Not saying that the OP shouldn't grind intel & play the lottery for jewelry & essences; but there should be a way for non-patrons to (slowly) purchase engines if they have gotten super unlucky. I know, never gonna happen because Trion wants you to pay for gamble charges, but that doesn't make it "ok".

WRT fragments, you shouldn't expect level 15 frags for T1. Level 12+ is for T2. However, you should at least upgrade them to level 9, it's not too pricey and even if they have garbage 2ndary stats, consider upgrading to level 9 if the primary stat is good.

As Storm Cells just got an option to buy them with Legion Datagrams, I think Tenebrean Engines should be purchasable for Ethereal Shards. 25,000 each would be a fair price tag imo.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 550+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Shadowlander

Thanks for your response!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Judging by your English, I assume you are playing on EU ...
    You're right. ^^

Not saying that the OP shouldn't grind intel & play the lottery for jewelry & essences; but there should be a way for non-patrons to (slowly) purchase engines if they have gotten super unlucky. I know, never gonna happen because Trion wants you to pay for gamble charges, but that doesn't make it "ok".
    So far the equipment has fortunately not yet been affected, but In this case, if I had to be patron for upgrading my gear, Rift would become a real P2W.

WRT fragments, you shouldn't expect level 15 frags for T1. Level 12+ is for T2. However, you should at least upgrade them to level 9, it's not too pricey and even if they have garbage 2ndary stats, consider upgrading to level 9 if the primary stat is good.
    Thank you for your hints! My fragments are tier 1 and 2 at level 15 and some tier 3 and 4 at level 10, I also have been advised which stats are best for me, whether as healer or dd. ^^

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    As Storm Cells just got an option to buy them with Legion Datagrams, I think Tenebrean Engines should be purchasable for Ethereal Shards. 25,000 each would be a fair price tag imo.
    This is a nice idea! Thank you!

Rift Disciple

maybe you should try to get into a guild which is active raiding ...

i just came back to Rift, started a new toon and the first thing i did after reaching lvl70 was looking for an active raiding-guild.

that helped me a lot and i had not such serious problems in terms of gearing like you described.
    I started bout 7 weeks ago and cleared TD NM and iRotP several times without beeing dead weight. over the course of the last 3 weeks i got bout 5-6 TEs and i do still have 1 TE lying in my bags because i cant decide which upgrade i should do next.

everything else you did sounds like the things i did, grinding intel, grinding rep, doing random QF and TDez, doing dailies and such ...

greez

Shadowlander

I know what you mean, thank you for your advice!

I'm not specifically a raider, I like to play all the possibilities Rift offers, that's why Rift is so special to me. Unfortunately, due to the many grinds and farms, there is hardly any time left for other things, but I wouldn't enjoy raiding all day.
    Of course, you can't have everything, and if I had to choose between just raiding or continuing to use all the content, I would stay with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Isn't it also about time they made these bound to account, after all they are not for BIS gear. On my main I have 33 engines and 12 on my first alt. I am now gearing up my second alt and am desperate for 6 engines, he already has t2 jewelry and earings from carnival, needs just 2 more bird kills for final stage of eternal, but the engines I need to upgrade the rest of my gear just seem impossible to get atm.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Valiope View Post
    I know what you mean, thank you for your advice!

I'm not specifically a raider, I like to play all the possibilities Rift offers, that's why Rift is so special to me. Unfortunately, due to the many grinds and farms, there is hardly any time left for other things, but I wouldn't enjoy raiding all day.
    Of course, you can't have everything, and if I had to choose between just raiding or continuing to use all the content, I would stay with the latter.
    "Active Raiding" doesnt enforce Only Hardcore Progress Raiding with 12h Raiding a week ;)

I'm sure there are many guilds that Raid only once or twice a week for 2h and suit your preferred playstyle. Just give it a try ;)

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Funny thing that when you run BoS (and of cause you are not getting any cells) and helping guildies in IRotP & TD NM - you are getting a lot of engines which are completely useless for you and cannot be used even for alts as they are soulbound. Looks like a very good design for me
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

BMX
    Rift Chaser

The RNG monster has once again reared its ugly head!!

RNG can be good to a toon on your account and horrific to the other toons. Case in point, my primy has 65 enjuns and my rouge has 2 or 3. The primy has had as many as 3 enjuns drop in a single run where my rogue rarely gets one. Now that's out here my primy will get nerfed through the floor!

Why these cannot be account bound at this stage is incomprehensible at the wholesale level!! along with purchasable with Tenebrean Shards. With 800k Eternal shards and nothing in the store that is useful, alts are obviously still frowned upon by Trion.

Eternal upgrade path was nerfed however, planar crafted still requires a ridiculous amount of amenders and matrices to upgrade. Another piece of forensic evidence pointing to the "alts are frowned upon" statement.

Gambling Fetish continues! While the advent of VP gear pieces has come to be, we step up to the slot machine to gamble on what is in the box. We grind ourselves to death for notoriety leveling to become eligible to buy VP gear and unlike Torvan/Lycini, we cannot visit the NPC and choose the item we are interested in. Incomprehensible? You betcha!! Is it really that freaking hard to build the item list or is it another ploy to piss off the remaining playerbase???

Gambling = chance to win something for a payment, with NO guarantee that you will receive what you desire.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast