+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4/13/2018 Live Stream Notes

Default 4/13/2018 Live Stream Notes

Much like most developer centric live streams, they usually post a thread for questions in news and announcements. Keep that in mind so you can check before Fridays just in case and get your questions in: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ath-ahead.html

There wasn't enough time to get to all of them and Brasse said she'll be posting more in depth answers to those questions here on the forums. Here are some of the rough notes. This doesn't include questions answered in chat by Tacitus and Archonix as those are harder to keep up on. I'm sure Clowd will post more notes as usual too.

Live

Fragments- They're on "the board" and they're not done being worked on / updated, but no ETA still.
    Guild Updates - The previous suggestions via Devs will no longer be happening and these updates/changes are dead in the water for now.
    Live Content Status - Live is not dead and there will preferably (if they get their way) 3 more major releases for this expansion. The story of Ahnket is not done and while not officially confirmed, a new zone was hinted at.
    Intrepid Greenscale's Blight - This will not be released at the same time as Prime. There is still quite a bit of work to be done and if they spend extra time on it then it will push back Prime's release of their GSB and they currently need it out as a higher priority. IGSB will also be Tier 3.
    Expansion Status - Because there's still much work to be done for both live and prime, including balancing, they want to make sure a lot of those things are ironed out and fixed (along with the story not being done for PoA yet) before they roll out anymore expansions. That's not to say there will not be one, but it's not something on the plate as of right now.
    New Souls - Mystic Archer was supposed to tbe the first of many new souls coming out. Until balance changes are ironed out, those are nowhere on the radar. Don't expect to hear about then anytime soon.

Prime

Accelerated Progression - Their initial expecations of content releases have been changed and they expect the server to go on for much longer than a year and thus the progression will likely be slowed down and more based upon player engagement and participation.
    Balance Changes - This will continue to come every week, including more warrior changes. These tend to be easier to do on Prime due to the way certain coding works vs how it works on live and that's why the changes have been prime specific.
    Rift Team Expansion - The Rift team will never be as big as it was at launch, but some members have been on loan to other projects within the company and will be returning back to Rift soon. There are also new people being hired for Rift specifically, but they're not legally allowed to go into specifics in that regard
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 04-13-2018 at 11:55 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Thanks for the excellent recap, Hollyroller!
    I am indeed sorting out the other questions. Keeping in mind that a lot of the questions overlap to a greater or lesser degree, I am organizing them into topics. I HOPE we can get this out today, but Stream days are always super busy. =P
    I'll post the link here when done!
    Brasse

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Much like most developer centric live streams, they usually post a thread for questions in news and announcements. Keep that in mind so you can check before Fridays just in case and get your questions in: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ath-ahead.html

There wasn't enough time to get to all of them and Brasse said she'll be posting more in depth answers to those questions here on the forums. Here are some of the rough notes. This doesn't include questions answered in chat by Tacitus and Archonix as those are harder to keep up on. I'm sure Clowd will post more notes as usual too.
    Here we go again

Live

Fragments- They're on "the board" and they're not done being worked on / updated, but no ETA still.
    Same reply for 2 years

Guild Updates - The previous suggestions via Devs will no longer be happening and these updates/changes are dead in the water for now.
    Same essentially

Live Content Status - Live is not dead and there will preferably (if they get their way) 3 more major releases for this expansion. The story of Ahnket is not done and while not officially confirmed, a new zone was hinted at.
    Conflicts with the next two items...

Intrepid Greenscale's Blight - This will not be released at the same time as Prime. There is still quite a bit of work to be done and if they spend extra time on it then it will push back Prime's release of their GSB and they currently need it out as a higher priority. IGSB will also be Tier 3.
    Pushed back for prime

Expansion Status - Because there's still much work to be done for both live and prime, including balancing, they want to make sure a lot of those things are ironed out and fixed (along with the story not being done for PoA yet) before they roll out anymore expansions. That's not to say there will not be one, but it's not something on the plate as of right now.
    Pushed back for prime
    Conflicts with balancing (when? been talked for years)
    New Souls - Mystic Archer was supposed to tbe the first of many new souls coming out. Until balance changes are ironed out, those are nowhere on the radar. Don't expect to hear about then anytime soon.
    Pushed due to balancing that has been talked about for years

Prime

Accelerated Progression - Their initial expecations of content releases have been changed and they expect the server to go on for much longer than a year and thus the progression will likely be slowed down and more based upon player engagement and participation.
    Balance Changes - This will continue to come every week, including more warrior changes. These tend to be easier to do on Prime due to the way certain coding works vs how it works on live and that's why the changes have been prime specific.
    Rift Team Expansion - The Rift team will never be as big as it was at launch, but some members have been on loan to other projects within the company and will be returning back to Rift soon. There are also new people being hired for Rift specifically, but they're not legally allowed to go into specifics in that regard
    All focused on prime. No, prime wont take away from live.

Thanks for the recap and thanks Brasse for answering my questions.
    Looking forward for the Live updates. Guess one at summer , autumn and xmas time.

Rift Master

I missed most of the stream except for a few of the shiny stories and questions at the end, because data limits on my mobile device and work and you know. But it's nice when people compile these, so thanks for this

(Also yay thanks for at least asking some of my questions. Hearing my name butchered on stream was a first ;)
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

If there really is a new zone, that type of stuff is usually planned out and worked on in a year an advance. Similar to expansions. They have a lot they can't talk about that's being worked on behind the scenes and that could (fingers crossed) part of why things have been so slow on top of prime, balancing, IGSB. Balancing and warriors especially, at least how it sounded on the actual stream, sounds like that's their #1 focus and it should be with as much demand as there has been and still is for it. Like Tacitus mentioned (quoted in my questions in the livestream question thread), there's a ton of work that goes into tuning those abilities and a lot of that is a learning process across the team which is why they'll be rolling up balance changes in smaller pieces for both live and prime. Keyens had extensive knowledge and background in balancing even before he joined back in Nightmare Tide, but that left when he left so it's been and will be some work getting things back on track.

If anything, I asked that they be up front in my questions post and they were.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    Hearing my name butchered on stream was a first ;)
    I try, but I do feel badly about that. Please tell me how it SHOULD be pronounced and I will do so on the next stream! On that note, how did you come up with it? It seems designed specifically for stumping a Dwarf! =P
    ;-)#
    Brasse

Iphigeneia you are Greek i guess from the name ? Me too

Sooooo.....a new zone really ? would be awesome if its true. Was one of my questions

Rift Master

Am actually not Greek! But I was a Classics minor in college. Always loved the stories of the forgotten women of the Trojan War mythic era. Plus it sounds so much cooler than my real name.

'Tis pronounced If i jin EYE ah.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Watched the stream again.
    They clearly said that a new zone is coming. Thats awesome news

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    Am actually not Greek! But I was a Classics minor in college. Always loved the stories of the forgotten women of the Trojan War mythic era. Plus it sounds so much cooler than my real name.

'Tis pronounced If i jin EYE ah.
    Guess yer lucky, I look for simple names because my first name is Nahakuelua, a long lost royal familly name from 5 generations ago, personally I think the lore behind Iphigeneia might be more interesting then my great great grandfather having 13 daughters.
    Prime Hunter Jupitr Abrasax the God Slayer

I must point out for the devs though that in this case the exceptional grind has added to the slowness of many players reaching max while a great number hit max and got bored waiting for content to be released as you waited for the rest of the community to play catchup, not everyone joined Prime for the challenge, some just came in for the nostalgia and wont be pushed to keep up with a challenge pace, if you wish to keep the challenge player base engaged you will need to release content by their progress in order to keep from losing participation.
    Prime Hunter Jupitr Abrasax the God Slayer

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Rift Disciple

Long time not posted ...

It looks to me that you at Trion are working on some hybrid style dev strategy with 2 teams, 1 reduced, with lots of peoples that leaved during the course of the past seven years and a new, fresh one on prime and the purpose of prime looks more to me as a way for the new team to get used with the content and the balance and the whole dev environment than a server for players.

If it's the case, quite a nice and clever move. But if it's really the case, be carefull, you have better to let the players know it than playing deaf/mute.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Thank you very much for answering all of the extra questions on the official site no less!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast