+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Fraser 2k10
  • 2 Post By Fraser 2k10

Thread: Rift crashing when zoneing into zone events (problem since launch)

Telaran

Default Rift crashing when zoneing into zone events (problem since launch)

So I've had this problem with rift ever since launch, when accepting a banner into a highly populated zone event Rift will crash in such a way that I can not close it, everything else on the pc works fine but I can not close rift. The only way to shut it down is to sign out of the pc and sign back.

If anyone has any idea why Rift would crash like this instead of just the usual crash that autoatically shuts the game please let me know.

no need to shut the pc down..

ctrl + alt + del.. start task manager

close the crashed window.

restart rift and pray you won't crash when logging bank in game

It happens to me a lot.. on live, it is/was vostiger end boss ( not necessarily banner, just portal could do the trick too) Haven't checked VP for a while though, maybe with more players gone to Prime, it's less of an issue now for VP

On prime.. I'd say 1/3 of my rally scrolls gets lost because of crashing.

What I notice most often, is that if the banner is placed close to the fighting zerg or the boss, I crash instantly.. if placed a bit outside the fighting circle, it gets better.

So the assumption, is that the dataload when landing in the middle of the fight is just too high.

I just restart the game (task manager to close the crashed window can be done later) hope I can make a few steps away from the fight so the load decreases..
    If I can stay not-crashed long enough to walk away from fight/banner, I can walk back to the fight without problems and tag the boss.

doesn't happen often.. I've been through as many as 5 crashes on one fight ending up with no tag often enough.. the record is 7 crashes...
    Last edited by Aranka; 04-13-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Telaran

thats the thing the crashed rift blocks the task manager, the only thing I can do is ctrl alt deltete and signout and back in.
    Last edited by Fraser 2k10; 04-14-2018 at 04:57 AM.

Telaran

bump

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser 2k10 View Post
    thats the thing the crashed rift blocks the task manager, the only thing I can do is ctrl alt deltete and signout and back in.
    Same issue here for everyone that I know of. Can't submit a crash report either because it locks everything up.

The work-around is to ctrl+alt+delete, then sign out and sign back in to windows. That's faster than rebooting.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    Same issue here for everyone that I know of. Can't submit a crash report either because it locks everything up.

The work-around is to ctrl+alt+delete, then sign out and sign back in to windows. That's faster than rebooting.
    Pro tip: Always have task manager running on second monitor when play rift (if you pro you have at least 2 monitors ) - so you could kill and restart rift very fast (often before anybody else died even when you tanking in dung).
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Telaran

Glad its not just me tbh. do trion know about this because its not like we can submit crash reports.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser 2k10 View Post
    Glad its not just me tbh. do trion know about this because its not like we can submit crash reports.
    Of course you cannot submit crash report, because rift is not crashing, it just hanging. Easiest way to get such hanging (because in ZE port most people properly crash) is second boss in Ananke - it was much worse at release, but still happening. It depends on combination of audio and visual effects and Trion cannot reproduce it.
    Some people play with audio setting, some turn off aoe effects, some switch to 32bit clients.
    You could look for suggestios in ananke threads, here for example - http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-crashing.html
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread