+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Death by Falling

Rift Disciple

It was stupid then, if it is back....it is stupid now also. Fix this Gamigo. Falling damage isn't funny or fun even if only for one day.

Lots of us asked for its return and I'm happy they delivered!

https://giphy.com/gifs/jack-nicholso...-S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 04-01-2019 at 11:12 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Allurana View Post
    It was stupid then, if it is back....it is stupid now also. Fix this Gamigo. Falling damage isn't funny or fun even if only for one day.
    Looking for the 'lots' that asked for this. It's a single-day stupid event, which is not amusing at all. Glad you're getting your jollies from it though.

I think it's hilarious.

Go get those "jump from here and survive" achievements in vanilla zones as originally intended.
    Last edited by Skiye; 04-01-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    I think it's hilarious.

Go get those "jump from here and survive" achievements in vanilla zones as originally intended.
    Except the falling damage is broken. You can die from stepping off a 1m rock. That's not funny in a dungeon run or raid.

Quote Originally Posted by JDTAdmin View Post
    Except the falling damage is broken. You can die from stepping off a 1m rock. That's not funny in a dungeon run or raid.
    Never had that issue and I've played this game a very long time.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    Never had that issue and I've played this game a very long time.
    Okay ... ? Have you been playing since before Dec 2012? It's expected that you haven't had that issue, because falling damage has existed for exactly 2 of the last 2,301 days.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Okay ... ? Have you been playing since before Dec 2012? It's expected that you haven't had that issue, because falling damage has existed for exactly 2 of the last 2,301 days.
    Yep, check my join date. The issues really aren't as bad as most of the complaints.

And the complaints we're way overblown last April fool's too.
    Last edited by Skiye; 04-01-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Playing Pantheon alpha it was so nice to have to -respect your environment- when exploring, including some reasonable falling damage.

I'm a Rift old timer, and back when they elected to remove falling damage I was against it. It made sense back then.

But today's Rift with the a) Speed of mounts, b) Level design of post-2012 environments, c) Propensity for players to not give a damn about the world itself as a danger...

Falling damage doesn't work out too well.

I hate to admit that, but those factors above play directly into the game's current traversal design and map designs. You're blazing across the terrain, bouncing around off 200 foot cliffs uninjured (despite large wasps being able to damage you), and the placement of verticality towards points of interest, etc.

In a more nuanced exploration experience like Pantheon, it works, and earlier Rift zones, it was all good and designed around it, but today's bunny hopping drag racers in Rift locked onto GPS, along with total disregard for normal traversal, with intense verticality in traffic areas... the game itself, today's Rift, and certainly today's conditioned Rift population -- permanently returning to active falling damage would cause quite a stir, haha.

And it wouldn't work for what's here, now.

Thumbs up

should have never been taken out
    Ghosthart@wolfsbane

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #56
    Rift Team

Due to the overwhelming support for the return of fall damage we have decided to keep it as a permanent feature on Live US servers.

- Eps

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Epsiry View Post
    Due to the overwhelming support for the return of fall damage we have decided to keep it as a permanent feature on Live US servers.

- Eps
    I know this is probably just an April Fools Joke, but I still feel the game lost something when it was removed in Storm Legion.
    Last edited by Bluejaye; 04-01-2019 at 05:58 PM.

- Eps
    TRION devs are actually stupid. Falling damege is crucial thing for some quests. It's the following,

Quest on Eternal Weapon : Taking Power from Beoric Oswell near the Marsh Gate
    Quest in Vostigar Peak : Celesterium Delrium

First one is need to jump down to get back to the ground, then die.
    Second one has bug that does't appear the temporaly ability, then die.
    And also daily quest like 'Capture xx particles of cosmic energy'.

- Eps
    If this were honest and true I would happily pay for a lifetime Patron subscription. No ********.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDTAdmin View Post
    Must've been eating too many Gedlo Curry Pots over the years. ;)
    --BC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast