+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By Twiggymc
  • 6 Post By Qube
  • 3 Post By Falstaf

Thread: RIFT PRIME So about the XP increase.

Soulwalker

Default RIFT PRIME So about the XP increase.

Yeah i agree, maybe a buff in xp is needed. I just hope it isnt a crazy amount. The reason why people play prime is because its its tough and a struggle to level, and thats what makes it fun.

ill be crossing my fingers in hope that the XP increase is not to much.

If any of you know how much, please lemme know ;)

Shadowlander

I think it will be a healthy amount. The people who wanted to rush to max already have so the slower players will appreciate the boost and make them feel more rewarded. My friend in his late 20 levels was getting a bit burnt out with the exp so he should be happy now

Soulwalker

Nah tbh i think the majority will hate if its a healthy amount.

Soulwalker

I don't think you understand the meaning of a tough experience if you think extremely low xp gains is "tough", launch rift was no were near as bad as this, i leveled with a friend at launch and we were never 4-5 levels below the quests we were doing, the speed that people level does not = difficulty in an mmo,

so i hope they buff it atleast back to what it was in vanilla cause right now i'm leveling with a friend and we are constantly 4-5 levels behind quests, and this is counting doing the odd dungeon, and clearing every rift we see

Soulwalker

I disagree. But we will just have to wait and see

Btw xp gets lowered from killing mobs when running together with people. So that might be why you were 4-5 lvls lower. Also, are you doing all carnage quests, rifts, dungeons, and zone events? cause if not that might also be a reason as to why.

Slow XP gains does not equal difficult. I'm not sure why that is a difficult concept to understand for people. Time consuming != difficulty. Especially when the fastest exp gain is grinding trash in dungeons which is faceroll easy. You can become braindead and just get a good group and non stop see the levels pour in.

Making something hard for the sake of simply being hard is just bad design. In an MMO where there are levels and quests, the quests should be able to level you to cap. Want to make it difficult? Increase the health of the monsters, increase the damage they deal, increase the requirements for the quest. You then have increased the time it takes to level while still providing a very clear path through the zones and the content. You've encouraged grouping up to do quests because they're difficult.

RIFT is a game with many activities, and I agree that they should encourage other people to try other avenues to gain experience, but simply forcing them to grind because they have no other option is just bad game design. Forcing people into Warfronts or forcing people to farm dungeons or forcing people to farm rifts non stop is simply just bad design.

Now let's say if you ran out of quests at your level and you knocked out a daily rift quest, a daily dungeon and a daily warfront but now you can continue on your quest to max level: that would be an understandable balance. But when you run out of quests and you're like, okay, so now I have to win 50 warfronts, or grind a dungeon 10 times or farm 50 rifts before I can continue on questing.. there's a problem.

Edit: I say this as someone who would prefer grinding dungeons either way, that's just always kind of been my preferable way to level in games once i've seen the content the first time.
    Last edited by Qube; 03-14-2018 at 07:53 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Qube View Post
    Slow XP gains does not equal difficult. I'm not sure why that is a difficult concept to understand for people. Time consuming != difficulty. Especially when the fastest exp gain is grinding trash in dungeons which is faceroll easy. You can become braindead and just get a good group and non stop see the levels pour in.

Making something hard for the sake of simply being hard is just bad design. In an MMO where there are levels and quests, the quests should be able to level you to cap. Want to make it difficult? Increase the health of the monsters, increase the damage they deal, increase the requirements for the quest. You then have increased the time it takes to level while still providing a very clear path through the zones and the content. You've encouraged grouping up to do quests because they're difficult.

RIFT is a game with many activities, and I agree that they should encourage other people to try other avenues to gain experience, but simply forcing them to grind because they have no other option is just bad game design. Forcing people into Warfronts or forcing people to farm dungeons or forcing people to farm rifts non stop is simply just bad design.

Now let's say if you ran out of quests at your level and you knocked out a daily rift quest, a daily dungeon and a daily warfront but now you can continue on your quest to max level: that would be an understandable balance. But when you run out of quests and you're like, okay, so now I have to win 50 warfronts, or grind a dungeon 10 times or farm 50 rifts before I can continue on questing.. there's a problem.

Edit: I say this as someone who would prefer grinding dungeons either way, that's just always kind of been my preferable way to level in games once i've seen the content the first time.
    Exactly

Grinding has nothing to do with difficultiy. Keep the difficulty for expert dungeons, for pvp, for achiving certain achievement, for getting certain artfefacts, colors, dimension objects etc.
    An mmo is a meating place if the average stuff to do is a grind why should we come.
    let the grind be for achievments but not for the game itself.

Mostly the grind is done cause developer need time to develop the next expension.

BUT dear dev. This problem you don't have cause you have built them already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Falstaf; 03-14-2018 at 08:14 AM.

BMX
    Champion

How many tasks in open world were actually omitted, be it carnage or story line?
    Was it actually an XP decrease on these?

What happened to accelerated progression?
    Banned

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    How many tasks in open world were actually omitted, be it carnage or story line?
    Was it actually an XP decrease on these?

What happened to accelerated progression?
    We are missing a few early quests for sure but a lot of the problem comes from the doubling+ of the required experience per level.
    Add to this the removal of xp from sources such as crafting dailies.

I'm not sure when exactly XP gain rate started having anything to do with a game being tough, it makes it cumbersome and a chore to level, but its got nothing to do with difficulty.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Moods View Post
    I'm not sure when exactly XP gain rate started having anything to do with a game being tough, it makes it cumbersome and a chore to level, but its got nothing to do with difficulty.
    Very true, completely agree.

Games are supposed to be fun. Chores are not fun.
    When your leisure activity is a chore, it frequently stops being an activity you choose to participate in.
    I really hope the adjustments they make take it far enough to lessen the tedium.
    Otherwise, I think we will lose significant numbers of players by the second month.

Shadowlander

I'm for the xp rate increase but also kinda see where others here are coming from. Its really a double edge sword if you increase to much you have a lot of bored people at 50 just running the same experts gearing up to run what two raids? But if you keep it so slow its painful to most they will leave in droves. I think just bringing the experience rates back to 2011 and 1-50 would fix the issues but keep it balanced. I know if they expect to release storm legion after 90 days they will not have that many players progressed by then at this current rate though.

+ Reply to Thread