+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Contest] "Your shiny story!"

Lightbulb [Contest] "Your shiny story!"

HeyGuys,

It's nice to see so many new and returning faces in RIFT and I randomly came up with the idea for a new contest that everyone can participate in! I told Brasse about it and she not only sponsored some awesome prizes, but will also read the top stories during one of Trion's Friday live streams to you!

So how does it work?
    Build up a small story by using the names of artifacts! You do not have to have the artifacts collected on your character, so there are thousands of artifact names to choose from and your creativity has almost no borders.

The rules
    • You must only use the full artifact names (not only parts of the name)
    • You are allowed to use between 20 different (min) and 50 (max) artifact names for your story (this means at least 20 different artifact names but max. 50 artifact namings in total, including naming some multiple times).
    • For each different artifact in your story, you are allowed to use 2 other words of your choice to add to the story
    • Each sentence must at least include 2 artifact names.
    • To make things easy, please write your story with artifact names in square brackets []

Example
    [Volturnus] has a [Death Fetish] for [Zombie Skin] and [Undead Flesh]. [No No Stop Eating My Face] he said to [Dead Simon]. [Cold Dead Eyes] stared on him while [Dead Man's Fingers] touched his [Hairless Rat]. ...to be continued

Prizes
    1st - 3rd place:
    • LIVE: Take a pick from a selection of cool mounts
    • PRIME: Additional patron time

5 Random participants:
    • LIVE/PRIME: 30 days patron time

Got it? Good! Now start writing, you can submit your stories by posting them in this thread until 2018-03-31. The winners will be chosen by a jury including Brasse & Dead Simon! HAVE FUN!
    Last edited by Seshatar; 03-18-2018 at 01:35 AM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Two [Tyrant Wizards] sat atop [The Mage Tower of Caradtaur]. They summoned a [Traitor Elf] with [Twin Heads] like an [Erotic Statue]. The elf's [Elongated Spine] sported a [Torn Shirt] and [Long Pretty Ribbon] . "Ohh, a [Tongue Sandwich] and me [Ten Tickles] for those [Complex Cookies]" muttered [Frank]. "Aye, that [Top Half] boasts a [Nice Chest]! Toss the [Polynomial Pudding], prepare the [Adequate Bindings], hide your [Club Foot]". barked [Skinny Dan]. [Smoke without Fire] appeared suddenly, it was [That One Nightblade] [Davey] using a [Tome of Transformation]! "Sheathe your [Bone Wand], [Grim] tyrants!" [An Escapement mechanism] [Thingy-ma-bob] summoned [Two matching unicorns] for the wizards. "[Flying Mount] but no [Flying Mount Training]!? Frank exclaimed. "You [Messed with the Bull], now [Ride the Skywhale]" Davey snarked. His [Top DPS Build] and [Reloading, Recoilless Crossbow] [Punctured Eyeballs] and slew both wizards. "That's for stealing my [Regulos Bobblehead], [sucker]. The [Nightblade's Heart] was [Full of Sparkles] again, as [Fairies everywhere] sang [What is this thing called love?]

Shoutout to rift.magelo.com as well as @Sarcandosa for the Artifact Log that helped make this dumpster fire short story possible.
    Okiedokie@Vigil

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Great story! Sadly, you will lose points for using more than two words between Artifacts.

You have plenty of time to edit your post before the contest ends, and this gives me a chance to remind folks to proof-read carefull!
    Below are the instances of more than two non-artifact words in a row:
    • They summoned a
    • appeared suddenly, it was
    • for the wizards
    • Davey snarked. His
    • and slew both wizards. "That's for stealing my

[Cold Dead Eyes] stared on him while [Dead Man's Fingers] touched his [Hairless Rat]

^ Thought the rules were 2 words for every artifact? Like Sesh has above
    Okiedokie@Vigil

Quote Originally Posted by Retracerr View Post
    [Cold Dead Eyes] stared on him while [Dead Man's Fingers] touched his [Hairless Rat]

^ Thought the rules were 2 words for every artifact? Like Sesh has above
    You are correct, you get 2 'free' words per artifact, but need to use at least 2 artifact names per sentence. Your story meets the criteria.

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

[Frank] placed his [Ludicrously Strong Liquor] down sighing. The [Scuttlebut] caused by [The Faceless Man] at yesterday's [The Destruction of Stroza] reenactment included [Underwear Mixup] among cast.

His [Enrage Timer] nearly up, [Bubbling Brandy] and [Faunish Whiskey] his solace.

[Dead Simon] walked in.

"Got your [Last Will and Testament]? Told you [10 Reasons Why it's a Bad Idea]..."

"[No Rime or Reason] eh?" [Frank] retorted.

[Dead Simon] continued. "Patrons were [Blown Away] and [Making the Boss Laugh] helps.

[Frank] turned to [Dead Simon], "[Lesson Six: We Live and Learn]."

Can we include artifact "set" names..or just individual artifacts? (I got 1/2 way through then realized I had been using set names too! eeep!)

*Edit* ..thanks for the quick answer below, Seshatar! I was confused b/c I thought Dead Simon was a set, not an artifact (I need to update my collection I think! lol) Will re-work it, has been really funny to work on!
    Last edited by Blythe; 03-13-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by BlytheElf View Post
    Can we include artifact "set" names..or just individual artifacts? (I got 1/2 way through then realized I had been using set names too! eeep!)
    Only full artifact names, please, for this round.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Great story!
    Below are the instances of more than two non-artifact words in a row:
    • They summoned a
    • appeared suddenly, it was
    • for the wizards
    • Davey snarked. His
    • and slew both wizards. "That's for stealing my
    2-3 of these are similar to the example in the announcement: "[No No Stop Eating My Face] he said to [Dead Simon]"
    Please some clarification then for what counts as words, or remove/rephrase the example to avoid confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Shuroiki View Post
    2-3 of these are similar to the example in the announcement: "[No No Stop Eating My Face] he said to [Dead Simon]"
    Please some clarification then for what counts as words, or remove/rephrase the example to avoid confusion

Rules:
    2 words per artifact. 2 artifacts per sentence.

[Artifact] word word [Artifact]. - Yes
    [Artifact] [Artifact] word word word word. - Yes
    [Artifact] word word word word word.- No

The [Artifact] contest is [Totally] great. 2 artifacts & 4 "other words" - Correct
    [The] [Artifact] contest is really great. 2 artifacts & 4 "other words" - Correct
    The [Artifact] contest is [Totally] very great. 2 artifacts & 5 "other words" - Incorrect

Drown me in the Titan's Well if I'm wrong here
    Last edited by Retracerr; 03-14-2018 at 06:15 AM.
    Okiedokie@Vigil

Rules:

The [Artifact] contest is [Totally] great. 2 artifacts & 4 "other words" - Correct
    [The] [Artifact] contest is really great. 2 artifacts & 4 "other words" - Correct
    The [Artifact] contest is [Totally] very great. 2 artifacts & 5 "other words" - Incorrect

90% accurate

EDIT: Your last sentence could be correct too, if you have a leftover word from another sentence.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 03-14-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Rules:

I believe the rules said:
    Each sentence must at least include 2 artifact names.
    It didn't say it Must have 2 artifact names, so that means you can even have 4-5 artifact names in one sentence, isn't this correct Brasse?
    EU: Dravenia & Co, Quelandra, NA: Dionella & Co, Prime: Soulwhisper etc.
    Practically many characters also created for Dimension visiting

[Cripple] [Spectral Teddy Bear], [An Ambling Troll], and [Personal Assistant] of
    [Lucijo The Caring], wearing [A Troll Mask] and [Ritual Robes] holding a [Chalice of Sacrifice] and [A Flask of Troll Musk], performing [A Screaming Sonnet] of [Forgotten Wish of Synthia Luna Parker].

Beside him [The Flower Child] his beloved [Biba] [Silver Moon] had a [Childhood memory] of [Clearing Madness], the [Edgewood Personality Disorder] affected by [Cloudstalker Eggs] [Sleeping Powder].

She was [Running Down an Endless Corridor] [Upside Down] [Leaving the Bunker] [Without her Clothes].
    Sudden [Falling, Falling, Falling] holding the [Key to the Lost World] in where [Tree of Life] grew a [Twisted Nature] at the [Oblivions End], surrounded by [Everlasting Spark] of [Red Mist] floating in [Currents of Life], and [Lost Courage] the [Terrifying Predator] in her [Chest of Dreams] seek the [Haunting Memory] of her [Tormented Soul].

She was [Drowning, Drowning, Drowning] in [Horrors From the Deep] hearing
    the [Eerie Song of the Sirens]. [No No No No] got to [Crush Him]! [Seal This Tunnel] of [Havoc] created by [Laethyic Greed] as [Bound by Tentacles] ripping last [Piece of My Heart], Biba was [Swept Away] in an [Never-Ending Rain] as [A Toxic Blossom] into oblivion, leaving an [Endless Delayed Gratification].
    Last edited by Dravenia; 03-21-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    EU: Dravenia & Co, Quelandra, NA: Dionella & Co, Prime: Soulwhisper etc.
    Practically many characters also created for Dimension visiting

Quote Originally Posted by Dravenia View Post
    I believe the rules said:
    Each sentence must at least include 2 artifact names.
    It didn't say it Must have 2 artifact names, so that means you can even have 4-5 artifact names in one sentence, isn't this correct Brasse?
    The rules are exactly what I posted in the op. You are right, 2 artifacts minimum per sentence, can also use 3, 4 or 10.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 03-14-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Soulwalker

[Chibi] was a [Robotic Eye]. [When the dragons came] to [Destroy All Ascended], he was [Just Screaming] [but] [The All Seeing Eye] saw his [Best Friend]. "[What Is This Thing Called Love?]" [Chibi] said. His [Best Friend] showed the [Maelforge's Love Letters To Laethys]: "THIS is [Love]". "[But], [Do you Hear the People Bounce?]" They have [A Large Family] they [Love], like their [Sun Warmed Houses], their [Pumpkin Soup] [or] their [Bag of Gold]! [And] us? [Bright Eyes], [Red Irritated Eyes], [Cold Dead Eyes], we can't [Love], we are [Nothing]!" He responded: "I am [Dragon's Eye], you are [Dragon's Eye], we are [United Manifestations] [of] [The God Queen], not [Nothing]! When [The Fall of the Dragons] will come, [Eye of Laethys], we will [Love] the [Detritus of the Void] forever, [Chibi] my half.

This is the first version, I don't know if I will change it. ^^
    King of the Unlucky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast