Closed Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Dinadass
  • 1 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 1 Post By GamingMimi
  • 1 Post By Myrdynn
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Seriously Trion this is downright ridiculous

Default Seriously Trion this is downright ridiculous

Started Rift Prime yesterday, drop 30$

Playing game and in channel 4 (1-29) people start talking crap about Trump, whatever, but I make a statement about the positives and get my speech locked. This was yesterday at 2pm pst, and this morning right now, my speech is still locked.

I understand that they are an extreme left company and thats fine and all, but blocking speech of one side, while I watch the same people continue to say stuff repeatedly with no consequences is completely biased.

Also apparently I spoke against their TDA fine, how bout a warning, since again I was playing all of an hour, how about a 2 hour suspension, whatever, but nothing no time frame, no response from customer support nothing
    Greke- Sab/NB/Infl and RS/BD/Bard
    Magus Imperialis Magicus- Briarcliffe Server- PVP

They are handing out 24 hour mutes afaik. And doing it to people who troll/spam chat with political stuff of either side, as well as non political things. Rift chat is supposed to be about Rift, at least in the default public channels.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Ral
    Rift Master

It may have been active moderation or you may have also had a large number of people report you triggering the system to automatically mute you.

General chats are pretty terrible, and people lack the self-restraint to not spew mental vomit upon them so it is best to just avoid it and continue using it solely for the purpose it was designed.

If the former was the case, perhaps it is positive that Trion is monitoring their chats. if it is the latter, well, people also lack the self-restraint to not misuse a system either.

If it is a major concern/hindrance I suggest you contact support and politely appeal it in either case and avoid such toxic chat in the future by self moderating it (using the in game ignore) or leaving it (possibly by pursuing greener pastures in 30+ chat)

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

While Devs can report issues to CS, the most common way players are brought to their attention is when a number of folks submit a /reort playername@servername

CS reviews, then applies a mute in accordance with the severity of the chat (they usually look at several lines of chat around the timestamp.
    CS applies mutes on an escalating scale in most cases, taking into account repeated behavior and severity.
    A mute could be for an hour, several hours, a day, a week... or even permanent.

Consider a one hour mute to be the warning.
    There is no other warning given because we expect people to behave in a reasonable manner, much as you would in a cafe, movie theater or park. When I am on, I often ask an escalating chat to chill, but if enough players have already /reported the conversation, it's out of my hands anyway.

In serious cases a player can go from 0 to 24 hour mute or in extreme cases, permanent mute or even game ban.

If you have any questions about actions taken against your character or acount, please contact our CS team directly via submitting a ticket at support.trionworlds.com - they keep excellent records.

Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 03-12-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    They are handing out 24 hour mutes afaik. And doing it to people who troll/spam chat with political stuff of either side, as well as non political things. Rift chat is supposed to be about Rift, at least in the default public channels.
    if this is true, its the best news I've heard in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    While Devs can report issues to CS, the most common way players are brought to their attention is when a number of folks submit a /reort playername@servername

CS reviews, then applies a mute in accordance with the severity of the chat (they usually look at several lines of chat around the timestamp.
    CS applies mutes on an escalating scale in most cases, taking into account repeated behavior and severity.
    A mute could be for an hour, several hours, a day, a week... or even permanent.

Consider a one hour mute to be the warning.
    There is no other warning given because we expect people to behave in a reasonable manner, much as you would in a cafe, movie theater or park. When I am on, I often ask an escalating chat to chill, but if enough players have already /reported the conversation, it's out of my hands anyway.

In serious cases a player can go from 0 to 24 hour mute or in extreme cases, permanent mute or even game ban.

If you have any questions about actions taken against your character or acount, please contact our CS team directly via submitting a ticket at support.trionworlds.com - they keep excellent records.

Brasse
    well I would like to see my review, I didn't cuss, and I saw people saying Trump should die, who were still posting later in the day

as far as a 1 hr ban thats fine as a warning, but for no reason I should have a 24 hr ban, I said I thought its great that we have defeated ISIS, lowered taxes, repealed the Paris agreement, and its entertaining watching the snowflakes cry. again this was all after repeated attacks against the country and president, which people continued to post.

I for one will not run and tattle on people or click to report people, but I understand thats what people like to do. As far as Rift being only for Rift talk I am good with that, but again it seems like unfair favoritism based on my beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdynn View Post
    well I would like to see my review, I didn't cuss, and I saw people saying Trump should die, who were still posting later in the day

as far as a 1 hr ban thats fine as a warning, but for no reason I should have a 24 hr ban, I said I thought its great that we have defeated ISIS, lowered taxes, repealed the Paris agreement, and its entertaining watching the snowflakes cry. again this was all after repeated attacks against the country and president, which people continued to post.

I for one will not run and tattle on people or click to report people, but I understand thats what people like to do. As far as Rift being only for Rift talk I am good with that, but again it seems like unfair favoritism based on my beliefs

Myrdynn, I can understand your frustration, as you felt you were speech-banned while others who matched your own level of remarks in chat were not. But I guess even though you feel report is "tattling" (I get you, I don't like to do it either), it sounds like the better course of action will be to do just that - report those who are really crossing the line in public chat - but not to respond in kind. I'm guessing that a lot of people didn't agree with your views and so they reported you.

I wish people could all take chill-pills and leave the politics (and religion for that matter) OUT OF CHAT. It's too triggering, and it seems we have lost the gentle art of debate and discussion.
    Serenity
    is not freedom from the storm,
    but peace amid the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GamingMimi View Post
    Myrdynn, I can understand your frustration, as you felt you were speech-banned while others who matched your own level of remarks in chat were not. But I guess even though you feel report is "tattling" (I get you, I don't like to do it either), it sounds like the better course of action will be to do just that - report those who are really crossing the line in public chat - but not to respond in kind. I'm guessing that a lot of people didn't agree with your views and so they reported you.

I wish people could all take chill-pills and leave the politics (and religion for that matter) OUT OF CHAT. It's too triggering, and it seems we have lost the gentle art of debate and discussion.
    I agree and thats what I will do going forward, personally don't care about what anyones beliefs are but I do know the stance of Hartman so I have a feeling like most companies who support the left refuse to even allow the right to speak, and thats what I feel happened. As of now its long over 24 hours so this is ridiculous, I am enjoying playing again but am about to get a refund

all of this matter could have been resolved by SOMEBODY at Trion actually answering my ticket that is well over 15 hours old, there was no reason for me to have to come here to post grievences, but at least others might see it and learn something

Not discussing politics in a game is just common courtesy and an unspoken rule. Most people play games to escape that kind of nonsense among other real world things so it's usually not something people want to see in game. It tends devolve into hate, trolling and smack talking.

This was posted and discussed on reddit as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...olitical_edge/

Chat Crackdown Announcement: https://youtu.be/gfBFbJOXscE?t=2551

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hey folks, I am going to close this thread.
    It's not the place to argue details and semantics. CS pulls logs and reviews them; I have explained the process above.

Again, I suggest that the OP take their complaint to CS via support.trionworlds.com - as also noted above, CS keeps excellent records.

Brasse

Closed Thread