Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Glyph of Dust - Plat Farming Appeal

Default Glyph of Dust - Plat Farming Appeal

RUNECRAFTING
    * The vendor value of crafted Glyphs has been reduced to 1 silver each.
    Revert the change. I know you don't want people abusing it on prime and gaining an advantage, but it's realistically not going to happen or be anywhere near efficient since you cannot server hop and the shard is so overcrowded that everyone would simply be stealing from each other. This negatively affects a lot of players on live with there not being any other good alternatives to making plat without dedicating a lot more time than was already required for this previous method. You still had to put in quite a bit of time in order to make any decent amounts. Fragments are still an easy 15-20k platinum.

If you don't want to revert it, then let us know when it starts raining plat or you reduce the fragment cost even more significantly or even just have it not require any plat like the way it should've been since launch. The intent of my post is not to sound overly angry, but this doesn't leave much reason to log on anymore outside of my 2 days of raiding and the fact the all we got with 4.4 was prime was severely disappointing unless there are further updates coming. I'm not referring to carvnial either. I'm glad prime is doing well so far and hope it generates new revenue, but it's been more than long enough that we've had more live updates that mattered. Class balance being at the very top.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-08-2018 at 01:02 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Rift Disciple

I don't think that was a good method to make plat to begin with. Unless material costs are negligible, you can't make much plat compared to other methods. I have only used this as a cheap way to level up runecrafting on an alt. Doing certain instances gives more plat.

However I do agree that fragments are still too expensive. In particular for new players who need lots of other stuff besides fragments.

I am sad that this method got nerfed, it gave me plat for dim building, buying rexes..,
    I don't know if I will be playing any more since making plat through AH and other methods is terribly slow and ineffective.
    Dimensions on NA: Shoreward spa @ Faeblight

Dimensions on EU: ENIGMA - the Spa @ Zaviel
    Marcienn's Magic Mansion @ Zaviel

Soulwalker

I agree this nerf was super lame and mean. Outside of dailies (which cap at 25 per day) and working the AH there is no way to reasonably make plat. I have limited time to play and this was a sure fire method to make a little bit on the side should i have some time. For the love of GOD stop nerfing stuff that has no bearing on anything and work on things we NEED. I have not heard one person either in game nor on the few forum posts I have read talk about "OMG I am making too much Plat and have nothing to spend it on.Please nerf everything that people use to make Plat." No where is that being said. The prices of everything is going up and all you seem to do is take away the few ways we find to make it no matter how "creative" we get to make it. Sure this didnt make boatloads of Plat but it was a useful one. All I could do when I saw this change was hang my head in disappointment. First you took away the old raids and now this. Do you plan on taking away everything we find fun?

I guess the goal is to make us buy REX for $ and then sell them for plat.
    But where is this plat supposed to come from?
    Last edited by Adansonia; 03-08-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    Dimensions on NA: Shoreward spa @ Faeblight

Dimensions on EU: ENIGMA - the Spa @ Zaviel
    Marcienn's Magic Mansion @ Zaviel

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wixen View Post
    .....For the love of GOD stop nerfing stuff that has no bearing on anything and work on things we NEED. I have not heard one person either in game nor on the few forum posts I have read talk about "OMG I am making too much Plat and have nothing to spend it on.Please nerf everything that people use to make Plat." No where is that being said. The prices of everything is going up and all you seem to do is take away the few ways we find to make it no matter how "creative" we get to make it.....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Adansonia View Post
    I guess the goal is to make us buy REX for $ and then sell them for plat.
    But where is this plat supposed to come from?
    If they made it easy to make plat then that drives down the incentive to purchase REX. Why buy REX and sell for plat when you can easily make plat without spending a dime? You want players to purchase REX to fund the game. You also want players who have tons of plat to use that plat instead of having it sit in the bank, so Prime Server is great for that purpose- players can use their plat to purchase REX, get credit, and use that credit for patron since you must have patron to play Prime Server. In theory it is a very good business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    If they made it easy to make plat then that drives down the incentive to purchase REX. Why buy REX and sell for plat when you can easily make plat without spending a dime? You want players to purchase REX to fund the game. You also want players who have tons of plat to use that plat instead of having it sit in the bank, so Prime Server is great for that purpose- players can use their plat to purchase REX, get credit, and use that credit for patron since you must have patron to play Prime Server. In theory it is a very good business model.
    The people who sit on mountains of platinum (at least in my own experience) are in the minority. Most people who farm up a lot of plat, spend it on the auction house, credit sellers and REX. Ranging from casuals, dimensioneers and raiders. Nothing has ever stopped people from purchasing and selling rex and this method has been around since vanilla.

The people who generally buy rex are either lazy and don't want to farm and or simply don't have the time, but do have disposable income that they're willing to use on rex in order to get easy plat. As I stated already, to make even a decent amount with this method, you have to spend a considerable amount of time farming, crafting, breaking and crafting some more. Plat sinks are currently a considerable part of gearing for current content.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-08-2018 at 05:27 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Glyph plat farming was never an intended form of plat grinding and has been riding the cusp of getting removed for the last couple of years. Good rule of thumb - if most of the activity you are doing to generate in game currencies is pressing a button and walking away, it probably isn't exactly intended.

It was time to finally pull the plug, and no this isn't coming back.

So then could we see the plat change made in 4.0 on raids being reverted? Right now there is 0 reason to look at those raids because they offer nothing besides cosmetics
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Glyph plat farming was never an intended form of plat grinding and has been riding the cusp of getting removed for the last couple of years.
    To be fair, wardrobe trading was never intended in the way it currently has been (via baubles), but those changes were kept the way they were on live because they've been around for so long and those are arguably less impactful on less people than nerfing plat farming is. It's a bit of a double standard in that regard.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-08-2018 at 05:46 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madarablackgetsuga View Post
    So then could we see the plat change made in 4.0 on raids being reverted? Right now there is 0 reason to look at those raids because they offer nothing besides cosmetics
    No, because it falls into the same kind of issue as Glyph grinding - the main source of plat generation should be actively playing the game with relevant content.

Anytime a primary activity becomes pressing a button and going afk or face rolling grey mobs, those are likely targets for correction. Those are also the kind of activities that lead to economy inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    No, because it falls into the same kind of issue as Glyph grinding - the main source of plat generation should be actively playing the game with relevant content.
    The problem from the very start of this expansion is that gearing require an enormous plat sink in order to be complete and be competitive as new tiers come out. Skill will only get you so far as fragments are a large part of your dps. Relevant content has yet to give us relevant amounts of plat in order to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    The problem from the very start of this expansion is that gearing require an enormous plat sink in order to be complete and be competitive as new tiers come out. Skill will only get you so far as fragments are a large part of your dps. Relevant content has yet to give us relevant amounts of plat in order to do that.
    Pretty much, I don't recall the exact number of plat you'll need to even consider entering T2, but i know its over 350k, and with no feasible way to get plat, that number is daunting. Plus again, the old raids are meant for currency and giving them a reason to exist. Outside of costumes and achievements there is no reason, and that reason strides as far as people see fit. So re-adding that plat will spark a new fire in that.
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

If you're going to settle for some of the stats you get on your lvl 15 frags then it's about 30k before the 50% cut. 15-20k after the cut, but that's not including if you get really unlucky with crits. If you're going to min/max your frags then it's closer to 250-300k with unlucky crits included in that range.

I think if fragments are actively being re-worked / looked like and if that includes a huge plat reduction, then at least keep the plat farming around until those changes come through.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 03-08-2018 at 05:56 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast