Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree103Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Glyph of Dust - Plat Farming Appeal

Tacitus listed the plat values for just Hot Sauce. Vendoring that item brought almost 2k plat into the game alone. When quests reward 5-15g and when many mats and items are vendor priced in silver and single digit gold values yes, that is TONS of money. People seem to have years of live pricing stuck in their heads (like epic/relic artis being listed for 100p+ on day 3.) On live 2k plat isn't that much, but within the first 5 days of a fresh progression server that's game breaking.

And no, apoth fluff not getting changed wasn't a "clue". Anyone that wasn't trying to make excuses would know that was a mistake on their part. Some real metnal gymnastics right there.
    Last edited by Stihl; 03-13-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Tacitus listed the plat values for just Hot Sauce. Vendoring that item brought almost 2k plat into the game alone. When quests reward 5-15g and when many mats and items are vendor priced in silver and single digit gold values yes, that is TONS of money. People seem to have years of live pricing stuck in their heads (like epic/relic artis being listed for 100p+ on day 3.) On live 2k plat isn't that much, but within the first 5 days of a fresh progression server that's game breaking.

And no, apoth fluff not getting changed wasn't a "clue". Anyone that wasn't trying to make excuses would know that was a mistake on their part. Some real metnal gymnastics right there.
    What are people spending plat on that is gamebreaking? The only time Plat farming became gamebreaking was when they actually added in a sink for it and gave it a value with REX. Grinding the best in slot back then required actually working towards getting reputations maxed out and doing dungeon and raid rift grind. If you buy rex and just get infinite loot rolls with it then I would consider it pay to win but from my understanding that is not what they did for prime. Wether they keep their word or not who knows. I am glad they caught it but its a bit overblown if you ask me.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-14-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Plane Walker

tldr; can we at least make these currency neutral i.e. sell to vendor for the cost of the mats that you put in?

This change was largely made for prime. It is game breaking because it allows you to buy mounts and bank space much faster than others would be able to. Also as you level, the cost of role changing/tinkering goes up in cost as the cost of ports. These things add up and having a ton of plat allows one to do that easily. Not to mention being able to do more with the auction house because you are floating in plat.

That being said, this change also affects live and I feel that it stinks. On live, things like fragments need plat. Not just min/maxing, if we want to level things it costs a lot. Not to mention the silly prices of the amenders that have a 20 hour cooldown (since the chondritic dust is only available from rifting - could we perhaps buy these with an obscene amount of ethereal shards, void stones or celestial remnants?). I guess the devs are addressing this (they have talked about it somewhere in discord? don't know, I don't go there) so I will wait. @devs Thank you for all of the attention you are giving to this and to our concerns in this thread

If it is really being done for the benefit of prime then I would add in that in the old days (read beta, first months etc). Almost all crafted recipes produced an item that would vendor for the same amount as the actual mats would vendor for. In other words, crafting say ten belts would be revenue neutral. Meaning you could sell the belts for the same amount as the mats for those ten belts. With all of the glyphs this is certainly not the case.

So the message I am receiving here is that to get the 500,000 crafted achieves (which is truly why these 10x recipes are in the store right?), I have to spend plat to do so and not without a hope of getting any back. Making these at least vendor neutral would make this more palatable to those on prime.

tldrx2; for us still on prime, can we get some adjustments of costs / rewards in terms of plat please? ty

Came back to the game after five or six years away, brought some friends along (on live, not Prime, since they're on the fence re: subscribing), and just leveled up butchering/outfitter/runecrafter on an old alt to GM+ with the intent of doing this so I could get enough plat to get them gold, get us some guild vaults, get a dimension, etc.

Glad I wasted that time, I guess, since I already had those skills elsewhere haha.

Having this be 'on the cusp' of removal for a couple of years without taking action already means you blew up your game's economy. Without some other way of pressing reset, you're just cementing the money gap, essentially. I guess I can grind IAs for a fraction of the plat to get us a few things, and avoid any higher-end crafting/mats for bags, etc., for now for everyone, since it's way out of my budget.

Maybe I can reconsider if/when we all get there and they can meaningfully contribute to the guild vault, etc., but since everyone is like level 20 and we play very casually, I guess we're not the demographic being targeted.
    Last edited by Kyera; 03-14-2018 at 07:10 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Soulwalker

So I'm not saying this nerf was a bad thing. I see why it has happened and I get it. But I still think 1s is too low. Maybe make the selling price equal to the price of the store mat used to craft the runes? If a store mat is not used, then sell for the price of store mat at a comparable level.

This nerf has made runecrafting incredibly expensive to level up. (remember, f2p can't sell on AH until after they've made enough gold for the AH so vendor is their only option unless they are blessed with luck of someone needing that exact rune at that time to buy it with a trade)

The average f2p player will struggle to upkeep it while leveling with not many low level plat sources. This would cause them to not afford to level it until they are at cap (50 or 70) to have gold for shop ingredients and need to go back to low level dungeons or zones to farm gear to break down. But isn't that what you were trying to avoid in the first place?
    Czaar@Laethys

Soulwalker

Default 1

I feel like with the old raid zones platinum drops being nerfed and almost all of crafting items being sold on the auction house for little profit, almost even trade, there isn't many ways to earn platinum. You can do dailies which you are limited on, you could run chronicles and you could farm mats out in the world. All of those have a limit. Essentially limiting the platinum you can earn in a day. It sucks because if you have a solid chunk of play time to farm, your options are limited. I feel like the nerf on glyph of dust may have been necessary but they need to have more options for players to gain platinum so they can catch up with fragment leveling.
    Last edited by Barabbas; 03-15-2018 at 11:18 AM.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #82
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

We appreciate all the feedback, and have made note of it.
    Closing this thread now, as Tacitus has explained the action thoroughly and discussion has run its course.

Glyph of Dust will not make a return at this time.

Brasse

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6