Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Glyph of Dust - Plat Farming Appeal

If it takes you hours and hours to make those glyphs, which essentially are just fluff items, to earn 100 plat, then you're also doing it wrong.

The various dailies or other activities take far less. Especially if you move your butt out of TB to know how to optimize these dailies, and then you can go on with your merry list of other activities.
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Glyph of dust was by no means an easy thing to do. Most of the work was still manual and would take 3-4 hours to turn 1000 leather into 1000p. I feel like if content were to at least able to give us that much in the same amount of time then there probably wouldn't be any issues.
    Like 300 plat/hour isn't really impressive, but it is more than I thought. Doing instances gives more plat. This plat generating method isn't gamebreaking. Also activities like crifts and hunting artifacts give more plat. Unless you can make over 500 plat/hour with it, it isn't worth doing such a boring activity in my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    If it takes you hours and hours to make those glyphs, which essentially are just fluff items, to earn 100 plat, then you're also doing it wrong.

The various dailies or other activities take far less. Especially if you move your butt out of TB to know how to optimize these dailies, and then you can go on with your merry list of other activities.
    dont you think that there are ppl that prefer to do it with that farm in zones + craft than doing boring (for them or me) daily? EVERYDAY? to get usefull plat? oh please..
    Nothing will make me to do same boring *** everyday to get some plat to maybe buy 1 REX for 6k oh finally... When I needed plat I went and farmed in zones and in the end done glyphs. Maybe when I was 14 and went to school I could find time and it could be funny to do mindless thing everyday but not now now I wana do it when I have time and beer

They just wanted ppl to sit in Vostigar and do new things, dont kill old mobs, no no its bad, dont go to old zones lets just remove old zones and mobs
    lets
    just
    remove
    crafting
    who need it in this game :P
    Last edited by Sirenso; 03-11-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirenso View Post
    lets
    just
    remove
    crafting
    who need it in this game :P
    Clearly you have no idea if you concluded this. Most players require crafting to get BIS helmet and ranged weapon.
    Enhancements
    Orbs etc.

Crafting has and should never have the purpose of crafting an item and then sell it to a vendor.
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

Soulwalker

Disclaimer : I ll say firstly i dont really care about glyphs since i didnt use this method.Looked to much trouble to be arsed with

Will you dictate how he will make plats?Its his time he is wasting,not yours.Would you reprimand him if he wanted to stay in silverwood killing boglings to make plat?His time to do as he pleases

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    Like 300 plat/hour isn't really impressive, but it is more than I thought. Doing instances gives more plat. This plat generating method isn't gamebreaking. Also activities like crifts and hunting artifacts give more plat. Unless you can make over 500 plat/hour with it, it isn't worth doing such a boring activity in my point of view.

Really?dungeons give plat?if you do all normal ones and all expert ones and all nte ones maybe theres a slim chance to make a small decent??? amount.Otherwise highly unlikely.Also in what game do artifacts give more plat?not in rift.In gelidra you can buy 20 relic artifacts for 2.5k.Normal price is 180 plat for 1 and you see the same people selling the same artifacts.They just dont sell.Even purple unstables which pop up once in a blue moon dont sell either.

Again i state i really dont care about this nerf personally.I only pitched in this discussion to say that Dailies give very few plat and that doing dailies every day in order to first catch up and stay competitive is a drudgery.Some of us have work and families and wanting to be competitive here with the amount of plat from dailies is prohibitive.

In my view this looks really bad for trion.Less plat means less rex being sold.Simple as that.See you ingame :-)

Ral
    Rift Master

Crafting has and should never have the purpose of crafting an item and then sell it to a vendor.
    Clearly you have never played any games with crafting in it ever, because selling crafted junk to the vendor is pretty common, especially when training a skill or trying to make money.

Now, Rift admittedly actually did try and break the mold and added salvaging so you could reclaim materials, but they decided to remove that so naturally the only thing to do with most crafted items is sell them to a vendor.

So yes, even the developers think you should sell items to a vendor.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by samitas View Post
    Really?dungeons give plat?if you do all normal ones and all expert ones and all nte ones maybe theres a slim chance to make a small decent??? amount.Otherwise highly unlikely.Also in what game do artifacts give more plat?not in rift.In gelidra you can buy 20 relic artifacts for 2.5k.Normal price is 180 plat for 1 and you see the same people selling the same artifacts.They just dont sell.Even purple unstables which pop up once in a blue moon dont sell either.
    When I say instances, I don't necessarily mean dungeons. Also the portal dailies and chronicles are instances. Spec and gear do matter for the clearance speed though.

I think you haven't done any serious artifact hunting. So you shouldn't make assumptions about that. Epic unstables, poison/burning/nightmare artifacts and relic bounties can all be hunted for plat. Knowledge is important for artifact hunting. Don't expect to make plat as a headless chicken. I collect epic unstables and I have made a nice profit by selling doubles.

Also 4h artifact minion missions can give epic unstables or other rare artifacts for some very easy plat. I have found a decent amount using artifact attractors to attract artifact missions.

I also find it pretty hilarious this was timed with prime to I assume prevent quick accumulation of currency on the new server, but they failed to also change the accompanying recipes from Apoth. The hot sauce item uses 3 vendor items and a single low level gathering mat, that has sold 12,000 items already on prime for an average of 7 gold. Those 12,000 crafts have brought in ~2.5k plat into the Prime economy with a profit of about 12 gold per item crafted. Oops.

Also I assume death threats inc.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #69
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I also find it pretty hilarious this was timed with prime to I assume prevent quick accumulation of currency on the new server, but they failed to also change the accompanying recipes from Apoth.
    Definitely was an oversight. These will all be nerfed as well in the next patch.

Until then - ALL THE APOTHECARY FLUFF RECIPES HAVE BEEN DISABLED.

The hot sauce item uses 3 vendor items and a single low level gathering mat, that has sold 12,000 items already on prime for an average of 7 gold. Those 12,000 crafts have brought in ~2.5k plat into the Prime economy with a profit of about 12 gold per item crafted. Oops.
    Your presentation of numbers seem a bit confused, but yes, these recipes have been abused. Over 5 days, Hot Sauce poured over 1,800plat into the economy by itself. That is a lot of hipster ketchup.

The top 4 things sold to merchants in terms of total plat generation are all crafted apoth fluff items in this category. These four item IDs poured more plat into the economy than the next 300 item IDs combined.

Nerfing this stuff is not an over-reaction. These are things that have major impacts on game economies when abused at scale. And in a fresh environment like Prime, we see just how fast they can create an impact.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Definitely was an oversight. These will all be nerfed as well in the next patch.

Until then - ALL THE APOTHECARY FLUFF RECIPES HAVE BEEN DISABLED.

Your presentation of numbers seem a bit confused, but yes, these recipes have been abused. Over 5 days, Hot Sauce poured over 1,800plat into the economy by itself. That is a lot of hipster ketchup.

The top 4 things sold to merchants in terms of total plat generation are all crafted apoth fluff items in this category. These four item IDs poured more plat into the economy than the next 300 item IDs combined.

Nerfing this stuff is not an over-reaction. These are things that have major impacts on game economies when abused at scale. And in a fresh environment like Prime, we see just how fast they can create an impact.
    So what kind of action you will take on the players who made tons of plat via this on prime? Because disabling such stuff and exposing it like this on forums clearly disadvantage most people who didn't know such stuff there either.

While I appreciate you take quick reaction and disabled this, it still causing so much problem to game where even 50g is expensive to most people (I farmed around 100p just thru game play thou)
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

I doubt tons of plat were made this way.

I also doubt the problem is as big as trion thinks.. We are supposed to get through the content of 7 years within a year.. So a little financial impulse will not hurt that much.

For the long run yes, but one week..

Besides, Trion explicitely mentioned the crafted rune glyphs being brought to 1s value.

naming that in patch notes now, may have given players the idea, that with glyphs, down, the apothecary fluff was allowed (it could be seen as hint on how to make plat), not just to infuse the economy, but also to give players an impulse to foraging to get the market up for materials that down the road are more expensive and rare.

Claiming oversight is rather strange.. especially since the method is, like the runecrafting method known to Trion and has been for some time already.

A better solution that 1 silver value would perhaps be to make the crafted amount smaller and/or the vendor value maybe 50 silver instead of 2gold per.
    Crafting costs 1gold and return vendor value 1gold 50 would still be a financial gain, just smaller.

next to that.. In the long run that high impuse now will drop when the levels go up, the farming for low level mats will fade away and the income at higher level will increase.

or will we see a nerf on Live in dungeon rewards, quest rewards, crafting rewards (oh wait, no.. mats are sold at such a high price, you loose 5plat on doing workorders if not farming yourself) and other financial rewards?

And with the whole financial issue.. could have made some caps.. If you can/could create a planarite cap on live, the plat cap for non patron, then surely a plat cap on Prime isn't that hard to accomplish either.

And to make sure plat from Prime doesn't go to Live, you can make the transfer plat cap 25p at the transfer date.

But you got your wish.. most flower materials have been made worthless to forage.. since out of the 20+ flowers, many are hardly used in crafting, while others are used in too many recipes.
    Last edited by Aranka; 03-13-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    I doubt tons of plat were made this way.

By stalking leaderboards. I estimate glyph of dust crafting to have brought in over 10 million plat over the last 7 months alone. Maybe even more.

Ascendant

I think the whole Itemization thing with having to kill x bosses 10 times and all the suffix/prefix rng is a bigger problem to worry about than plat especially on a progressive server. Plus, the likelihood that we may have missing loot from loot drop tables as a result of being overly exaggerated with the loot process.

I don't like what I am hearing about itemization for prime server. We have devs that are saying they are trying to shove nearly 6 years of content in "at least one year." Yet, it seems some are keen on doing as much work as they can to build walls between progression with itemization. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

PLAT should not be an issue on a progressive server. You should have marked gear and that should be the best in slot. There should not be RNG in gear because the whole purpose of gear on a progressive server is to outgrow that gear asap so you are ready for the next raid.
    Raid leaders should not have to deal with players asking each other to share loot or pass loot or using a DKP system in raids to give loot await.

Maybe instead of people passing the loot around and having to deal with each other directly you can actually consider having players continue to farm those raids for marks and buy the cosmetics directly off the store after that raid is done for the abundance of left over marks they may have for that raid.

And please do not start selling individual reward charges eventually on prime for "catch up" purposes. That will definitely be considered a "renege" by majority of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I think the whole Itemization thing with having to kill x bosses 10 times and all the suffix/prefix rng is a bigger problem to worry about than plat especially on a progressive server. Plus, the likelihood that we may have missing loot from loot drop tables as a result of being overly exaggerated with the loot process.

I don't like what I am hearing about itemization for prime server. We have devs that are saying they are trying to shove nearly 6 years of content in "at least one year." Yet, it seems some are keen on doing as much work as they can to build walls between progression with itemization. IT MAKES NO SENSE.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...xes-redux.html Clowd's post explains why they're doing suffixes for the low level gear. I don't know if they'll be applying it to raids as well.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

@Solaura

Since Tacitus was referring to PRIME... not tons of plat were made there in 5 days.

On live.. 24/7 factory no doubt

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast