+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree8Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: @Brasse.... I don't know what to do anymore....

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    130

    Default @Brasse.... I don't know what to do anymore....

    I just want to spend money. I am pretty sure I spend more money than 99% of the entire player base. I have used the same credit card for years, but I had Issues with that, so I swapped to paypal, now I haveing even more issues with that payment method.

    I started a thread about this about a week ago and never got a dev response. I am not amazing and don;t think I am "the reason" Rift is still running, but I would actually like to hear why you TRION as a company won't let me spend money? I have more money than I could ever spend on this game, there is literally no reason for you guys to deny my purchases.

    It is NOT coming from my bank, it is 100% on trions side
    Brazill@Deepwood

  2. #2
    Ascendant Kulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Oh my, I would like to know too as I do not want to spend money then someday be blocked from doing so. Any supporter or Rift/trion should be given the courtesy of getting an answer.. Good luck I hope THEY get this sorted as you are a good part of the community and I would hate to see you leave.
    Have you ever wanted to?

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Just to ad to my initial post.

    What happened tonight was, I was trying to buy $5 worth of credits. I got shut down. Trion would NOT let me buy anything. $5....

    I have sold 2-3 ( can't remember) dragon hoard packs, never an issue with that. Those are $250 a piece, After I started getting issues with trion I stopped selling the packs. I get people everyday asking me to sell them the pack, but due to trion not allowing me to freely purchase what I want, I have stopped selling dragon hoard packs.

    Also, I don't keep a lot of credits/plat on hand because I (used to think) know my IRL money is worth more than in-game stuff.
    Brazill@Deepwood

  4. #4
    Ascendant Kulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreezee View Post
    Just to ad to my initial post.

    What happened tonight was, I was trying to buy $5 worth of credits. I got shut down. Trion would NOT let me buy anything. $5....

    I have sold 2-3 ( can't remember) dragon hoard packs, never an issue with that. Those are $250 a piece, After I started getting issues with trion I stopped selling the packs. I get people everyday asking me to sell them the pack, but due to trion not allowing me to freely purchase what I want, I have stopped selling dragon hoard packs.

    Also, I don't keep a lot of credits/plat on hand because I (used to think) know my IRL money is worth more than in-game stuff.
    WOW Just wow, I really really hope they put their self in your shoes and take this matter seriously and not just delete the post and pretend it never happend
    Have you ever wanted to?

  5. #5
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,734

    Default

    So what did Trion support say when you contacted them?

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Community Manager Fasti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreezee View Post
    I just want to spend money. I am pretty sure I spend more money than 99% of the entire player base. I have used the same credit card for years, but I had Issues with that, so I swapped to paypal, now I haveing even more issues with that payment method.

    I started a thread about this about a week ago and never got a dev response. I am not amazing and don;t think I am "the reason" Rift is still running, but I would actually like to hear why you TRION as a company won't let me spend money? I have more money than I could ever spend on this game, there is literally no reason for you guys to deny my purchases.

    It is NOT coming from my bank, it is 100% on trions side
    Have you already submitted a ticket? If so, what's your ticket number so we can look into the status. If not, please do so. They can usually figure out what's happening fairly quickly.

  7. #7
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fasti View Post
    Have you already submitted a ticket? If so, what's your ticket number so we can look into the status. If not, please do so. They can usually figure out what's happening fairly quickly.
    I submitted at least 4 tickets on this same subject. Got 4 useless replies with no help, just that "internal error" was on my side.

    It most definitely was not on my side. Finally I had to go to Paypal and it took three tries with them. Trion I suggest you stop telling us to submit tickets that you never fix.
    Last edited by tirza; 02-28-2018 at 05:55 AM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Kulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post
    I submitted at least 4 tickets on this same subject. Got 4 useless replies with no help, just that "internal error" was on my side.

    It most definitely was not on my side. Finally I had to go to Paypal and it took three tries with them. Trion I suggest you stop telling us to submit tickets that you never fix.
    I know the OP also tried pay pal and it was worse. I think he is off to bed now but I hope REALLY hope they get this fixed. Hard enough to get people to pay but when they want to it should not be a pain in the butt
    Have you ever wanted to?

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    12

    Default


  10. #10
    Rift Chaser SonoMoenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Dreezee,

    If you haven't done so, you should Fasti a private message with one of your ticket numbers. He has offered to check it out further. Occasionally, some support tickets are answered in what we all feel are "non-useful" ways. In most cases, it is because the true issue isn't fully understood. I've found that if I reply on the same ticket and attempt to engage constructively, we can usually get down to the bottom of things.

    Also, I think the ticket could help them figure out what's happening better than posts here. You say recently "I was trying to buy $5 worth of credits. I got shut down." What does that mean? Did the transaction get refused? Was there an error message? Did you whole computer freeze and "shut down"? What? When you make a ticket, it holds a little bit more info than just want you type in, so that's helpful too.

    The more info you can give about what you are doing can help them find out where things are going wonky. You mention that you bought dragonhoard packs, but you have problems with credits. So about when did the problem start happening? What kinds of things changed between then and now? Is it only buying credits? Is it only buying REX? Etc.

    There have been other threads about security issues to help avoid fraud. This is a regular process and it happens frequently and clears up between 20 minutes and 2 hours time (usually).

    There's SOOOOO many different things that could be going on that Trion can't simply pop onto this shard and explain "why TRION won't let you spend money". Because I know Trion lets lots of people spend money. I do it myself quite frequently, as do many others that I know. So it's something about your account and how it's interacting. My best advice is to follow up with Fasti with a ticket number and/or reply back on one of your tickets with more info or more clarification.

    I wish you good luck.

  11. #11
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,869

    Default

    Or it might not be Trion at all. I tried to give some heads up in your last thread its not the value its how often sometimes. Paypal is a whole other kettle of fish with it's own set of rules that doesn't matter whose at the other end or who they third party with.

    I hope you get peace of mind soon!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You could also get things a little at a time leading up to your giveaways which is the option most of us take that have done or do giveaways. Paypal (etc) also have their own restrictions, its not only about the cost amount of the item but the amount of items you buy something but spread out over time you'll be fine.These things are annoying but really necessary to have in place to deter actual fraud, good luck!

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    130

    Default

    What am I supposed to ticket? I already told you what my issue was. Literally, if I put a ticket in it will say "you won't let me buy stuff". I don't know why this has to be so difficult. Last night I bought one rex to give away, cool. Then I tried to buy $5 worth of credits (on 2 different payment methods) and it would not let me. I hate that Trion always deflects and tries to make it sound like the players fault. IT IS NOT MY FAULT OR MY BANKS FAULT, IT IS ON YOUR END.

    @kiwi.. I appreciate you trying to help, but like I said I hardly spent anything last night, and I was still unable to purchase anything.

    @fasti...I have no idea what else I could say in a ticket that I have not said here. If you guys NEED me to submit a ticket for some arbitrary reason, I guess I could. But everyone I have talked to that has had this problem told me submitting tickets did absolutely nothing to resolve the issue. So THIS is my ticket, if you can't help me out, then I will just stop supporting the game financially.

    Edit: Check my purchase history if you need to as well. You can see how it has gone way down recently because of these issues.
    Last edited by Dreezee; 02-28-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    Brazill@Deepwood

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser SonoMoenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Hi Dreezee... trying again to help here.

    First off, Kiwi may very well be on to something. It could be the frequency in which you are attempting to purchase. They have safe-guards in place to stop fraudulent use our accounts. This is very helpful for folks with kids who get into the parents accounts and then just buy all sorts of stuff, not realizing that the charges are going back directly to mom & dad's credit card.

    As for a ticket, there's PLENTY you can do besides just say "you won't let me buy stuff". First off... that is patently false. You yourself say in your most recent post that you bought a REX and no problem. So they are letting you buy stuff. The issue is either something to do with what stuff you are buying, or the amount of stuff you are buying, or the frequency in which you attempt to purchase. Since you've pointed out several times that you spend LOTS of money, I'd guess that the safeguards set up to prevent fraud are impacting your purchases.

    So if you can give them some details... like "I bought a REX and it went through with no problem, but 10 minutes later when I attempted to buy a $5 credit packet, it would not work. I got an error that said (fill in the error message you get here). I used my default payment method on the REX, which is my credit card. I tried to use the same method for the credit pack." Or whatever the details are. That info is SOOO important for them to figure out what is causing you frustration.

    Truthfully, you may get a response that seems very "form letter like" and not addressing your true concern. That happens when customer service personnel may not be as intimately familiar with various purchasing methods or have interpreted your message incorrectly or don't have enough information to understand your message correctly. Read your original ticket message, read their reply, try to understand where the communication failure comes in (it takes 2 to communicate), and then follow up.

    Again, I think it's most likely that the issue is something to do with the security measures Trion has in place to keep our data safe.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 02-28-2018 at 12:56 PM.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Update, just got this in-game mail:

    "Sorry for the wait - your purchase of an in-game service for 0 credits has successfully completed

    Our apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for playing RIFT!"

    What the hell does that even mean??
    Last edited by Dreezee; 02-28-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    Brazill@Deepwood

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser SonoMoenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    338

    Default

    OH! I know! I know!

    I got some similar messages when I tried to buy REX a few times. REX seems to be the one thing they have the most security measures on.

    Anyway, I've tried to buy something before. Let's say a REX. I hit the button to confirm purchase or whatever it says.. Submit, OK, whatever. Anyway, it seemed to wait a long time. So I hit it again. Eventually I get the message for the first hit of the button that my account is being reviewed for fraudulent activity. I know that's their typical response when they are double checking my account to make sure it's my credit card, make sure I'm not making a million purchases, etc. I also know that message clears up in a short time (fastest for me has been 20minutes, longest has been 2 hours).

    Then shortly after, I got the message you got. Approved for 0 credits. It was because I attempted to buy something while another purchases was being processed so that attempted purchase basically was not processed.

    In lieu of all the events you've described to me so far.. I think you bought a REX. You got the message that it was under investigation but either missed it or ignored it because you know it will clear up soon. Then you tried to buy the credit packet *while the REX purchase was still processing *. That cause the purchase to not work. That sounds like the "they won't let me buy things" issue you've described. Then after they REX cleared (and showed up in your bags), the purchase you attempted during the processing cleared.. but it was nothing because they wouldn't let your order process while something else was processing.

    Make sense?
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 02-28-2018 at 01:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts