+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RIFT PRIME is not going to be PvP Shard?!

Soulwalker

Default RIFT PRIME is not going to be PvP Shard?!

Hey guys,
    what do you think about RIFT PRIME will not be PvP Shard? It will be PvE crap only with Warfronts.
    Me and my guild was so hyped for nostalgic feels 7 years ago when we started playing for first time when this game was Pay-To-Play, when if you leveling you can snipe other enemy players or can be sniped also, but now we discovered that fact, RIFT PRIME will be PvE shard, wtf.
    Leveling 1-50 without PvP while leveling is not that real RIFT what was 7 years ago, so if i can give you good advice, save your 15USD for something else better than Patron. You will be very dissapointed if you are looking for good PvP bloodbath.
    Tbh, i am coming back to ArcheAge or other MMO where PvP is still alive and its not like "Oh my god, that dude keep killing me, cuz i sux very hard and dont know my class so how can i defend myself, please TRION disable PvP, please"

Regards,
    Felindacz, Bloodiron Shard and his guild

I am sure there are more pve than pvp in rift but hey at least you get WF
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    I am sure there are more pve than pvp in rift but hey at least you get WF
    As for 15 for sub for prime. I am already a subscriber as I want rift to have the support they need to keep Rift alive and growing . And, to me, any Free players who leave..Oh well they were not helping trion nor rift survive..
    Have you ever wanted to?

Soulwalker

As for 15 for sub for prime. I am already a subscriber as I want rift to have the support they need to keep Rift alive and growing . And, to me, any Free players who leave..Oh well they were not helping trion nor rift survive..
    I don't give a f*ck about 15USD man, i am rich enough, but sorry i dont wanna pay for something what i dont enjoy.
    I will gladly pay 15usd every month for RIFT PRIME for open world pvp like it used to be 7 years ago when RIFT was good game.
    Last edited by ganolf1; 02-27-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganolf1 View Post
    I don't give a f*ck about 15USD man, i am rich enough, but sorry i dont wanna pay for something what i dont enjoy.
    I will gladly pay 15usd every month for RIFT PRIME for open world pvp like it used to be 7 years ago when RIFT was good game.
    Tomato / tomatoe I think it is still a good game- But then I guess that is why I pay a sub and have over 450 days already paid up..but really hope you find joy.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Enable PvP flag and run around see who bites? just remember everyone gets auto mentored to the zone so no more level 50 heroes stalking low levels.

Soulwalker

Tomato / tomatoe I think it is still a good game- But then I guess that is why I pay a sub and have over 450 days already paid up..but really hope you find joy.
    Yes, its your money right, i dont judging you. I'm paying 15 every month for another MMO since 2014 i guess (you know what mmo i mean).
    But now with the new expansion there will be PvP very limited so I'm looking for reimbursement/Replacement game. Was really hyped about RIFT PRIME, until i discovered this will be PvE realm..
    To be honestly i dont reject PvE, i like it both (PvP/PvE) but i like world pvp killing while i am trying to level up my character like other enemy players do aswell.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Enable PvP flag and run around see who bites? just remember everyone gets auto mentored to the zone so no more level 50 heroes stalking low levels.
    I dont wanna gank low levels with level 50, i just wanna openworld PvP while leveling in territories like on old RIFT.

Rift Disciple

I'm also a little bit disappointed that there are no 2 shards 1 pvp 1 pve.
    But hey, I'm cool with what we get. Atleast we get a decent, not perfect, but decent chocolate experience.

I think, cuz of the fact that there is only 1 Prime server in general, it will be a really nice experience because all zones will be FLOODED with players. I imagine so many players, queues and lags, big events, doing old dungeons and warfronts at level 10, level through pvp and farm pvp ranks on 50 again. It will be great.

The best solution for the missing pvp shard they could SIMPLY !!!!! implement the old vanilla pvp daily quests, but nope.. it seems it is too hard to implement SOME QUESTS. Very Sad.

But after all, I will be running around flagged the whole time and so will others, many fights will happen thats sure, its not like 7 years ago, but to be honest I am SO HAPPY that we even get PRIME.
    Live is not for me anymore.. after NMT it really went downside.

Im hyped af and can't wait till march 7 !
    Guild Leader
    - Akatsuki -
    @PRIME

I dont want to burst your bubble but on EU the PvP shard Bloodiron was more or less empty ever since i started playing (mid 2013). I'd estimate its population 1/10 of other shards - just few russian guys running around here and there.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    I dont want to burst your bubble but on EU the PvP shard Bloodiron was more or less empty ever since i started playing (mid 2013). I'd estimate its population 1/10 of other shards - just few russian guys running around here and there.
    it was not empty you newby. half people were just dead. other half in stealth.

im actually thinking about trying the prime tho. any other Dinos around?

I understand the disappointment, but they've been pretty up front about it not being a PvP oriented shard from the beginning among other things. If all goes well, then the next iteration of Prime will most likely be more PvP oriented, but as of right now, PvPers are unfortunately the minority of players and probably even lower than people who raid vs the casual crowd. The audience has to be big enough for them to warrant making a pvp specific server. Fingers crossed for the future.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

BMX
    Rift Master

With the removal of CQ and PvP being less than updated to current content, many peeps did move on. This is part of why it was omitted from Prime in the first place and also an indicator of the size of remaining dev team.

Moving forward, Devillian closes servers in a couple weeks and the team that was on that project need to be assigned to Rift to preserve the franchise.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    it was not empty you newby. half people were just dead. other half in stealth.

im actually thinking about trying the prime tho. any other Dinos around?

There will be no CQ
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I understand the disappointment, but they've been pretty up front about it not being a PvP oriented shard from the beginning among other things. If all goes well, then the next iteration of Prime will most likely be more PvP oriented, but as of right now, PvPers are unfortunately the minority of players and probably even lower than people who raid vs the casual crowd. The audience has to be big enough for them to warrant making a pvp specific server. Fingers crossed for the future.
    Back in SL CQ could literally get full and you had to wait because there were 60 man+ on each side. You are looking at the game for what it has become but not from what it was back then.

If they continue to make 10 man raids with dungeon level difficulty and carrots that use personal loot charges and engines that are required for upgrade Best in slot then ofc you will see a lot more raiders and that category inflated

They haven't even updated PvP gear in over a year. There is no carrot in fact for them. The pvp fragments where never done correctly. And they don't even want to touch classes to balance them even though they can clearly see on leader boards who are the outliers. It is not brain surgery. They just don't want to spend the time with PvP balance even though PvP will always be a part of any MMO in one way or the other.

Yes holding contest for wardrobe and dimensions is in fact player vs. player. When a player has the money to buy indefinite charges and max the best in slot that is also player vs player in sense. Trion is realizing that they have people who are willing to pay a ton of money just to press 1 button and beat a person who is playing a full rotation because they are stuck in a gear grind and unwillingly to afford to pay out to maximize. When they bite on this is when Rift will become PTW and they will have it even easier with the few 100 players paying to skip content and raid log..
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-27-2018 at 11:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast