+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Eternal weapon change -still can't do it! Too old.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    101

    Default Eternal weapon change -still can't do it! Too old.

    I am afraid that the eternal weapon changes are of no use to me. Can't get past the first quest - stuck at collecting 15 cosmic particles. Best I have managed is 4. Gave up on the quest when it first came out and looks like I am going to have to give up again on all my toons on both accounts. Old age-old hands - not nimble enough, sigh.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Percypus View Post
    I am afraid that the eternal weapon changes are of no use to me. Can't get past the first quest - stuck at collecting 15 cosmic particles. Best I have managed is 4. Gave up on the quest when it first came out and looks like I am going to have to give up again on all my toons on both accounts. Old age-old hands - not nimble enough, sigh.
    got a grandkid that could figure it out?

    I actually did my kids' for them cuz they are actually so young they havnt learned the coordination yet

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Try turning your graphics presets to performance. That's the best advice I can give. While I haven't found it to be very difficult to finish, I think the quest itself is completely dumb. It doesn't really fit in RIFT. Since it's the only daily for PDF notoriety I hate it even more. To tie it into eternal isn't that annoying for me but as I see in the community it is for a lot of people.

    In my opinion the eternal chain should of been mostly objectives that you needed to mentor down for, to bring life to low level zones and dungeons. Just another bad decision on the list of bad decisions that contribute to the overall problems of rift.

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,218

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Liitke View Post
    Try turning your graphics presets to performance. That's the best advice I can give. While I haven't found it to be very difficult to finish, I think the quest itself is completely dumb. It doesn't really fit in RIFT. Since it's the only daily for PDF notoriety I hate it even more. To tie it into eternal isn't that annoying for me but as I see in the community it is for a lot of people.

    In my opinion the eternal chain should of been mostly objectives that you needed to mentor down for, to bring life to low level zones and dungeons. Just another bad decision on the list of bad decisions that contribute to the overall problems of rift.
    Apparently You havnt found all the onslaught dailies for PDF rep

    but you're right why is a DeadSimon type event being tied to PDF and why is anything like DeadSimon content being introduced in PvE game play when it belongs to the puzzle solvers

    its almost as if DeadSimon was hurt by the fact that no one wanted to do Calweddi when the devs decided to put the 15k plat price tag on it keeping him from seeing many completions of it

    Tok's has been a great turn around for him and I don't think the particles belong in the adventure portion of progression

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Someone has done it with one hand because they only have one arm. They may be able to help. If you can't do it, have someone else do it for you. I've told Trion that multiple users use my account. They did nothing.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,384

    Default

    not saying it is easy with one hand..

    But there is a difference in having one good hand or 2 bad hands.

    It also depends on the issues one has with one or two hands.

    as for PDF notoriety.. I think it is the Celestial IA you can farm for that? Goes pretty fast.
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-16-2018 at 04:59 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Holyroller12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    Slowfall also helps.

    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

    Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Percy I can do the 25 for you anytime you like. No charge or anything , just happy to help someone out. Msg me in game "andysodandy" as i cant seem to PM anyone on this forum

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Wackywoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    There are a few story quests in this new expansion that i assume would be difficult for 'Matured' gamers and people with disabilities.
    I can't remember the names of the quests but i do remember thinking that they were a bit 'mentally demanding' when i was doing them. And i am neither of the above.

    Putting 'puzzles' into story quest chains and upgrade paths is probably a bad idea.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 02-17-2018 at 01:43 AM.
    [No longer an active player]

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Zetsuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    I don't understand the logic behind this jump requirement, someone kills many bosses and dungeons along with raid bosses and still has to jump like some console games!!!

    I'm stuck in the last phase couldn't get the final upgrade because im simply bad in jumping games, if I was good at them I would go to some PS or Xbox games!!

    My suggestion: completely remove them or replace them with another requirement.
    I keel Em Too Fast !

  11. #11
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    973

    Default

    Sorry to hear about the particles problems. I think Tacitus is trying to get that reduced as well but mentioned there is some technical problems they need to overcome before doing so.

    On EU at least the layout of particles is different on different servers. It might be worth server hopping to see if there is a layout you might feel more comfortable with.

    Hopefully they will be able to reduced the particle requirements or remove them completely if it's causing too many problems for people.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara Sarasyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    787

    Default

    This part of the weapon quest doesn't belong in the game. A test of speed, coordination, reflex timing, mouse control, and reaction is in Gran Tourisimo, not Rift. It's 'Advanced Manugo.' And don't get me started on the 'Jet Pack' speed/memory stuff. Sometimes, new ideas just don't fit.
    Just, comfortably numb....

  13. #13
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    670

    Default

    What is mind boggling is the fact that there were not option 1 for the puzzle peeps and option 2 for the rest of the community as opposed to particles that cause excessive alcohol consumption!

    For some peeps, being able to perceive the particles in the first place is an issue, perceiving position of them, even worse. What about peeps with arthritis? Or Parkinson's?

    This shouldn't be rocket science to resolve however, a good friend of mine is not only a rocket scientist at JPL for the last 30 year, he's also a programmer. Trion, lemme know if you need that sort of talent to resolve this!
    Banned

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara Skiye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    771

    Default

    This may not be a popular opinion but after some practice it's stupid easy to get 25 particles.

    All you need to do is not use both movement abilities one after the other in quick succession. Thus putting both on cooldowns at the same time. If you properly alternative them then your fall rate becomes almost 0.

    The full duration of the movements are within the cooldowns of the other. So they should always be available and keep you from falling too fast.

    After that just take round about paths to avoid the red balls. You don't need to take direct lines from 1 ball to the other. There's tons of space available. Use it! Travel away and around to get to the next particles. You have plenty of time.

    If you're capable of pressing your 1 and 2 buttons in 1.5 second intervals and using a mouse to turn your camera then it really isn't hard.
    Last edited by Skiye; 02-17-2018 at 09:05 AM.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched KnightFalz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    This may not be a popular opinion but after some practice it's stupid easy to get 25 particles.

    All you need to do is not use both movement abilities one after the other in quick succession. Thus putting both on cooldowns at the same time. If you properly alternative them then your fall rate becomes almost 0.

    The full duration of the movements are within the cooldowns of the other. So they should always be available and keep you from falling too fast.

    After that just take round about paths to avoid the red balls. You don't need to take direct lines from 1 ball to the other. There's tons of space available. Use it! Travel away and around to get to the next particles. You have plenty of time.

    If you're capable of pressing your 1 and 2 buttons in 1.5 second intervals and using a mouse to turn your camera then it really isn't hard.
    That it is stupid easy for you is all well and good. Unfortunately, we all aren't you.

    This challenge is ill suited to a tab-targeting MMORPG, as are the jumping challenges in general, especially in one such as Rift, with questionable precision in movement. Many play this type of game as they reasonably expect such challenges to be absent.

    If this was one of the more action-based MMORPGs, with controls that adequately support that type of play, it would be another story. But it isn't, so it will remain out of place, and as a result be frustrating to many, until better options are made available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts