+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Results 106 to 118 of 118
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Eternal weapon change -still can't do it! Too old.

  1. #106
    Plane Touched BigBeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Just allow people to pick the upgrade path, if you can do the particles with no problems, wonderful. It took me off and on only 3 days to do the 20 particles, off and on over a week for the 25 particles. For some people it took only a few tries. Some just can't get it done no matter how many times they tried. So set it up like this...20 particles or close 500 rifts that grant xp. 25 particles or close 700 rifts that grant xp. And everyone is happy. You can brag about how easy it was for you and those that can't get it, have a choice to not do it or do the closing of the rifts. But expect many to cry about having to close so many rifts, or those that do not like anything changed for those having a hard time...IE: crawl up those steps if you can't get the wheelchair up them.
    Basna

  2. #107
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    Just allow people to pick the upgrade path, if you can do the particles with no problems, wonderful. It took me off and on only 3 days to do the 20 particles, off and on over a week for the 25 particles. For some people it took only a few tries. Some just can't get it done no matter how many times they tried. So set it up like this...20 particles or close 500 rifts that grant xp. 25 particles or close 700 rifts that grant xp. And everyone is happy. You can brag about how easy it was for you and those that can't get it, have a choice to not do it or do the closing of the rifts. But expect many to cry about having to close so many rifts, or those that do not like anything changed for those having a hard time...IE: crawl up those steps if you can't get the wheelchair up them.
    See now that's resonable, having an alternative path for those who can't complete the content is fine and good game design. this doesn't prevent innovation/creativity in gameplay or anything of the sort, the only thing it may do is encourage people to take the path of least resistance leading to feelings of being unengaged or challenged. something to bring into consideration for sure.

  3. #108
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Seeing as Trion, when they had more resources to work on this issue, said it was too difficult to change, don't hold your breath for getting this addressed anytime soon - if ever. Gamigo barely allocates the resources to Rift to keep the lights on and just makes more cash grabs. I think we're stuck with this quest, regardless of how people feel about it.

    So realistically, your options are to find someone you trust to do the quest for you or forget about it. Yes, it's nice to have but you can go about your business in open world and most PvE activities just fine without it. It's only really an issue for BoS and someone who can't steer with the mouse and hit two buttons (for whatever reasons...) probably also won't be able to do mechanics where you have to steer with your mouse and you know... hit buttons at the same time.

    Let's see who gets triggered by the last sentence....

  4. #109
    Champion Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    So why do you keep coming back to this thread if you are tired of looking at it?
    cuz i am not given a choice! IT"S ON TOP OF THREADS CUZ SOMEONE STILL WANTS TO DISPUTE IT ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

  5. #110
    Plane Touched Lyedanpol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Seeing as Trion, when they had more resources to work on this issue, said it was too difficult to change, don't hold your breath for getting this addressed anytime soon - if ever. Gamigo barely allocates the resources to Rift to keep the lights on and just makes more cash grabs. I think we're stuck with this quest, regardless of how people feel about it.

    So realistically, your options are to find someone you trust to do the quest for you or forget about it. Yes, it's nice to have but you can go about your business in open world and most PvE activities just fine without it. It's only really an issue for BoS and someone who can't steer with the mouse and hit two buttons (for whatever reasons...) probably also won't be able to do mechanics where you have to steer with your mouse and you know... hit buttons at the same time.

    Let's see who gets triggered by the last sentence....
    True, there is not much they could do to change it once its cemented in code but the devs do read the forums, giving them our feedback is the best thing we could do to help the game come togheter, none of us know the future for sure.

  6. #111
    Ascendant Kulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    True, there is not much they could do to change it once its cemented in code but the devs do read the forums, giving them our feedback is the best thing we could do to help the game come togheter, none of us know the future for sure.
    Well it use to have another quest attached to it as I recall but they removed it. So they could make it where sparkles stay counting and accmulate rather than start over each time you try?
    Have you ever wanted to?

  7. #112
    Ascendant Kulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Am I mistaken or did trion tell us, before they sold us out, they were looking into this ?
    Have you ever wanted to?

  8. #113
    Ascendant Challengere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,475

    Default

    and that it was coded very convolutedly into it as well meaning they passed a virtually impossible task onto Gamigo who I think is getting tired of all the piles of turd they got handed and are slowly considering tossing us more and more when they get expacs developed for other games ahead of us so easily

  9. #114
    Champion Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    Am I mistaken or did trion tell us, before they sold us out, they were looking into this ?
    no one ever said that they were looking into it, it's working as intended ... this has been said several times already.
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

  10. #115
    Ascendant Kulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    no one ever said that they were looking into it, it's working as intended ... this has been said several times already.
    Actually someone did, I can not recall her name. She was the one who was so nasty to us before she left BRASSE I looked it up :P
    Last edited by Kulta; 11-01-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    Have you ever wanted to?

  11. #116
    Champion Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    Actually someone did, I can not recall her name. She was the one who was so nasty to us before she left BRASSE I looked it up :P
    the thing is tho they said ANYTHING just to shut us up not to mention that was a whole different team and owner ... unless gamigo comes in here right now says otherwise this will never happen ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

  12. #117
    Ascendant Kulta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    the thing is tho they said ANYTHING just to shut us up not to mention that was a whole different team and owner ... unless gamigo comes in here right now says otherwise this will never happen ...
    Ya and that is why I am not playing, I was here since pre beta and supported the game best I could, not a cash cow but for sure sub and additional in store purchases..
    Have you ever wanted to?

  13. #118
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    88

    Default

    I got a kick out of the comment about 99% of players. I find it funny that more people are commenting on this topic that they see the quest as a problem than I usually see in the game and I play every day. I think 99% is a huge exaggeration.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts