+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Eternal weapon change -still can't do it! Too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    Now that really gave me a good laugh.

At this point I'm not sure if taking an Abrams tank and driving it directly through the Rift servers could do any more harm to the game "in the long run" than anything that has already been done to it.

Stuff like the jumping puzzle is nice to have in a game, as long as it is optional. Making this a mandatory part in the process of upgrading the only viable weapon in the game was a complete failure on Trion's side, and should have been fixed a long time ago.
    How did it fail exactly? 99% of people have their Eternal Weapons, persons with conditions such as vertigo/arthritis and other debilitating contitions should not be the base line for game design period. As developers they can't make content with that being the priority else the vast majority of the players will find the content unimaginative and not very engaging and then THEY will feel alianated.

As much as I feel for them, this is more of a service issue more than anything. they really need to bring back Game Masters to help people with these type of conditions so they may continue to enjoy the game along with the rest of us. I understand you're not very happy with the game (neither am I ) but trust me it can get a hell of a lot worse.. for example you could have a pachinko machine instead of a daily calendar on top of the minion system.. and many many more scummy monetization schemes.
    Last edited by Lyedanpol; 10-17-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    there are more issues than vertigo that hinder this

there is no reason to be upset over a nerf, players get so bent that they had to work harder to get something in a few days when someone has to wait a year or more to get it in an easier way

I over come many personal issues to do this because I have the skill to do it, but I would not wish such endurance upon others in need of this just for a game

I learned to take **** on well beyond my own limitations thanks to combat, very few have been put through such experiences and come out kickin and screaming in a good way

I have done this for a few people myself and I know without my help they might have given up on this game as well

I am not upset that players now can get their frags maxxed for WAY less than I spent two years ago, that is how the game is, early advancement is curbed and once the fierce competitors get thiers the game loosens the noose for the rest of the player base to keep them involved

Isn't it funny that so many people hate it if another gets something easier than they did. The same argument is used for not having free colleges. I paid for my college education why can't you....
    Basna

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedanpol View Post
    99% of people have their Eternal Weapons, persons with conditions such as vertigo/arthritis and other debilitating contitions should not be the base line for game design period.
    Where did you get the 99% statistic?

The US has a law called the Americans with Disabilities Act. Many companies have paid millions to comply with it. I don't know if it covers this situation or not, but it might.

I never understood why an easy game like Rift would all of a sudden have an unusually demanding quest for the very essential Eternal Weapon questline. It just makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Where did you get the 99% statistic?

The US has a law called the Americans with Disabilities Act. Many companies have paid millions to comply with it. I don't know if it covers this situation or not, but it might.

I never understood why an easy game like Rift would all of a sudden have an unusually demanding quest for the very essential Eternal Weapon questline. It just makes no sense to me.
    It's not very demanding though.. It's just not.

It's not very demanding though.. It's just not.
    You are not an authority on the particle weapon quest and 99 percent of the population do NOT have their 25 particles. Some can do it, and some cannot. I know a lot of people who have had to have guildies or friends do this quest for them (me included at some point in the past).

Whats the difference why its hard? Disability or no disability? Enough people complained and had issues, so what. Let them voice their opinions. There is no right or wrong on this.

Having alternate paths is just a good resolve.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    You are not an authority on the particle weapon quest and 99 percent of the population do NOT have their 25 particles. Some can do it, and some cannot. I know a lot of people who have had to have guildies or friends do this quest for them (me included at some point in the past).

Whats the difference why its hard? Disability or no disability? Enough people complained and had issues, so what. Let them voice their opinions. There is no right or wrong on this.

Having alternate paths is just a good resolve.
    Did any of you even read what I posted? the second they start to pander to people like yourselfs they will alienate the rest of the playerbase over a minority, this is a service issue not a gameplay issue or mechanics issue they need to have Game Masters to help people out not limit the avenues of gameplay of the entire game. the repercussions for having the game revolve around people that can't do something as simple as move the mouse and click two buttons don't even deserve to play games like mmo's and should move to mobile where they don't have to deal with **** like this and the game will play itself. nobody has to be an authority to know how stupid of an idea it is to limit gameplay like that.

No wonder trion whent banckrupt, having to deal with people like this.. it explains why they made so many bad decisions to tank the game too.

Did any of you even read what I posted? the second they start to pander to people like yourselfs they will alienate the rest of the playerbase over a minority, this is a service issue not a gameplay issue or mechanics issue they need to have Game Masters to help people out .
    This is NOT a service issue, but exactly the opposite; a game-play or mechanics type issue. You don't really know this is a minority, do you?

As for catering to people, they and all companies pretty much nerf stuff after a year or two. Do you not want them to ever do something that players ask for, whether you personally see it as hard or not? They made a lot of bosses easy, why? So more people (who found it hard) could conquer them. Reality check. Do you have mirrors in your house?

Wow, I have not debated anyone in a while. good luck to you. I won't respond to anything further you chat about!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Percypus View Post
    I am afraid that the eternal weapon changes are of no use to me. Can't get past the first quest - stuck at collecting 15 cosmic particles. Best I have managed is 4. Gave up on the quest when it first came out and looks like I am going to have to give up again on all my toons on both accounts. Old age-old hands - not nimble enough, sigh.
    I can appreciate this. I would gladly pay real money to skip this requirement myself. Perhaps 1500 credits or some reasonable amount near there. I'm at the 20 particle 'Thrist' quest and cannot for the life of me get them. Needless to say I have never completed the daily. I've made hours worth of attempts EVERY single one of them ending in failure.

And then I'm told that there's one more of these required quests at the end of the upgrade where I have to get 25?

No thank you.

A reasonable AND viable alternative is needed to upgrade this weapon.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    I can appreciate this. I would gladly pay real money to skip this requirement myself. Perhaps 1500 credits or some reasonable amount near there. I'm at the 20 particle 'Thrist' quest and cannot for the life of me get them. Needless to say I have never completed the daily. I've made hours worth of attempts EVERY single one of them ending in failure.

And then I'm told that there's one more of these required quests at the end of the upgrade where I have to get 25?

No thank you.

A reasonable AND viable alternative is needed to upgrade this weapon.
    The particle quest IS a reasonable and viable way to get the eternal weapon, if you guys can't even move the mouse and click two buttons what the hell are you doing playing mmos? don't try to dumb down the content or make it "pay to progress" or have gamigo implement "Time savers" into the game, instead why don't you try and get them to help you complete it ingame via game master or something more reasonable? you always have family to help you out too and if you don't even have that get a friend to do so.. Rift the mmo for old people meme is real.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Percypus View Post
    I am afraid that the eternal weapon changes are of no use to me. Can't get past the first quest - stuck at collecting 15 cosmic particles. Best I have managed is 4. Gave up on the quest when it first came out and looks like I am going to have to give up again on all my toons on both accounts. Old age-old hands - not nimble enough, sigh.
    What server are you on? I can help you get it in 20 minutes.

Look me up, name is Unheilig. threesprings/deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    I would gladly pay real money to skip this requirement myself. Perhaps 1500 credits or some reasonable amount near there. I'm at the 20 particle 'Thrist' quest and cannot for the life of me get them.
    this out of this entire thread is probably the best solution to to problem cuz not everyone will want to do this except for the ones that feel they have to for reason or another ...

but i will also say that the reason why little to nothing that can be done about this has been thoroughly discussed several times in this thread and i believe others as well. keeping this topic locked up on top for the rest of the games life is NOT gonna make it go away, the only thing that hasn't been done yet is to say it in every other available language ... :P

I cant be the only one that's tired of looking at this topic up top?
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    This is NOT a service issue, but exactly the opposite; a game-play or mechanics type issue. You don't really know this is a minority, do you?

As for catering to people, they and all companies pretty much nerf stuff after a year or two. Do you not want them to ever do something that players ask for, whether you personally see it as hard or not? They made a lot of bosses easy, why? So more people (who found it hard) could conquer them. Reality check. Do you have mirrors in your house?

Wow, I have not debated anyone in a while. good luck to you. I won't respond to anything further you chat about!

I'm not sure why anyone who puts "one button raider for life" in their signature can win any arguments when debating the difficulty of anything in this game. Pity people can't be carried on this quest like they get carried in raids eh?

The quest can be tough but thousands have completed it and I bet this guy would too without kicking up a stink about it being too hard.

Did any of you even read what I posted? the second they start to pander to people like yourselfs they will alienate the rest of the playerbase over a minority, this is a service issue not a gameplay issue or mechanics issue they need to have Game Masters to help people out not limit the avenues of gameplay of the entire game. the repercussions for having the game revolve around people that can't do something as simple as move the mouse and click two buttons don't even deserve to play games like mmo's and should move to mobile where they don't have to deal with **** like this and the game will play itself. nobody has to be an authority to know how stupid of an idea it is to limit gameplay like that.

No wonder trion whent banckrupt, having to deal with people like this.. it explains why they made so many bad decisions to tank the game too.
    ROFLMAO...at your reply.
    Basna

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post

I cant be the only one that's tired of looking at this topic up top?
    So why do you keep coming back to this thread if you are tired of looking at it?
    Basna

Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone who puts "one button raider for life" in their signature can win any arguments when debating the difficulty of anything in this game. Pity people can't be carried on this quest like they get carried in raids eh?

The quest can be tough but thousands have completed it and I bet this guy would too without kicking up a stink about it being too hard.
    now that deservers a standing ovation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast