+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Eternal weapon change -still can't do it! Too old.

Prophet of Telara

I found the quest more interesting and challenging than the usual grind but alternatives are always a good thing. I would also welcome it if there is a slightly weaker crafting alternative for those who are not raiding and eternal equivalent weapons in each tier for raid marks.
    Last edited by Bamul; 08-13-2019 at 06:06 AM.

any alternative other than buying weapons for 15k or 30k credits would probably be better...

This is why I hated the concept of "same weapon for everyone."

Nobody enjoys the grind that was associated with the upgrade quest. And being unable to complete the chain is more annoying than chalking up not having the their best available weapon to boss drop RNG.

BiS items shouldn't ever be crafted and should always be top tier raid drops or top tier PvP rewards.
    Last edited by Skiye; 08-13-2019 at 06:13 AM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Prophet of Telara

Considering how much influence the eternal weapon has on the used souls/style of play, it was in my eyes the right decision to make the weapon accessible to all through a quest and independent of the random factor. Almost all current guides refer to an Eternal weapon therefore it should give also for non raider the possibility to get something similar with weaker stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Considering how much influence the eternal weapon has on the used souls/style of play, it was in my eyes the right decision to make the weapon accessible to all through a quest and independent of the random factor. Almost all current guides refer to an Eternal weapon therefore it should give also for non raider the possibility to get something similar with weaker stats.
    but because all builds now revolve around it it should not be stuck behind ANY barriers the entire community cannot get through, Wicket was removed, all do this many tasks were reduced to way freakin easier than us who completed the original counts had to get done, why has the requirements on this [ long insulting redacted bundle of emotionally heated comments ] particle bs not been removed for the ones left unable to pass this barrier to advancement leaving them out of every other aspect of the game Archonix, Zyra, Avathar, Acalos, Kyries, Mobi, iArches and any other dev that is SUPPOSED to read community issues.

I am calling the Devs out on this failure to read AND comment on this ongoing issue will now constitute a lack of any concern what so ever in this games player base and result in the loss of high spending customers paying your salaries, this will be posted in social media to make sure you see it so you have no excuse to ignore it and banning me for calling you out will be added to social media if you do so to let everyone know how important their issues are to you

tag your it!

Soulwalker

With the player base becoming smaller is there any reason to leave this in the questline at this point? I have put several toons through already and i really wouldn't have an issue opening it up now and taking away the requirement.

Frankly, if by lessening this requirement after two years helps keeps some folks in game, i think it would be a good thing.

Actually, even expounding upon that -- lessen the entire weapon upgrade process. i know a lot of folks that would like to fire up new alts (*cough cleric, cough*) but the grind is just crazy. Since it has been a couple of years I don't have an issue with that (others might) but again, it might help keep folks around a little longer or allow new folks to get involved with end game sooner.
    Meepz@Greybriar
    Joebuu@Greybriar

simple enough.. people refer to linking eternal for just about any instance..

something similar was in game already in the past, but then it was minimum dps req..

And dps can be done in different ways, the eternal in only one way..

I don't mind the grinding of 100 experts, dungeons, mobs or w/e.. I mind not getting into the instances because I cant get the 15 particles, despite having been in raids in the past.

And I simply refuse to let others on my account, be it for payment or voluntarily, to do that quest for me.. Trion should never have developed a quest that basically allowed players to let others on their account to do quests for them.. It is imho a form of breaking the rules, but appparently tolerated by Trion..
    Last edited by Aranka; 08-13-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by andysodandy2 View Post
    you lot are a bunch of hard c...ts

for some people this is just too difficult. it has nothing to do with raiding or showing how big your epinis is.

take a breath and understand not everyone can do this ****fest of a thing and offer some help instead of being ******s.

being nice sadly is something lacking in rift
    There's nothing mean or nice about saying that it's okay to not be able to do something. That will happen sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    but because all builds now revolve around it it should not be stuck behind ANY barriers the entire community cannot get through, Wicket was removed, all do this many tasks were reduced to way freakin easier than us who completed the original counts had to get done, why has the requirements on this [ long insulting redacted bundle of emotionally heated comments ] particle bs not been removed for the ones left unable to pass this barrier to advancement leaving them out of every other aspect of the game Archonix, Zyra, Avathar, Acalos, Kyries, Mobi, iArches and any other dev that is SUPPOSED to read community issues.

I am calling the Devs out on this failure to read AND comment on this ongoing issue will now constitute a lack of any concern what so ever in this games player base and result in the loss of high spending customers paying your salaries, this will be posted in social media to make sure you see it so you have no excuse to ignore it and banning me for calling you out will be added to social media if you do so to let everyone know how important their issues are to you

tag your it!
    First, I'm pretty sure Archonix is the only dev in that list still assigned to Rift. Second, being unable to acquire an item isn't some huge problem or egregious insult. If you think you'll get a positive social media response from tweeting something like "I can't beat a thing in a video game to get a special item and so I demand the item be simply given to me," you are of course free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebuu View Post
    With the player base becoming smaller is there any reason to leave this in the questline at this point? I have put several toons through already and i really wouldn't have an issue opening it up now and taking away the requirement.

Frankly, if by lessening this requirement after two years helps keeps some folks in game, i think it would be a good thing.

Actually, even expounding upon that -- lessen the entire weapon upgrade process. i know a lot of folks that would like to fire up new alts (*cough cleric, cough*) but the grind is just crazy. Since it has been a couple of years I don't have an issue with that (others might) but again, it might help keep folks around a little longer or allow new folks to get involved with end game sooner.
    The eternal quest has already been nerfed, with e.g. the 100 SPE requirement being reduced to 25. I guess it would be okay to nerf it again - maybe 10 Schism enemies, 15 invasions, 1/2/3/4/5 rifts, 5 SPEs, 1 IRotP. At this point, I have four 70s and only one has any IRotP progress (2/6), and reducing that to one would encourage me to push for it.

I can totally understand if people want to reduce the requirements for a certain task. That's very common, and I don't see any problem with it. The part I find distasteful is the inexplicable anger and entitlement from people who think that this one small, specific gameplay goal with no ill intent which they can't/won't accomplish is some kind of insult that should be deleted and the reward handed to them. I can't recall any other instance of this, with tasks in Rift or other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    simple enough.. people refer to linking eternal for just about any instance..

something similar was in game already in the past, but then it was minimum dps req..

And dps can be done in different ways, the eternal in only one way..

I don't mind the grinding of 100 experts, dungeons, mobs or w/e.. I mind not getting into the instances because I cant get the 15 particles, despite having been in raids in the past.

And I simply refuse to let others on my account, be it for payment or voluntarily, to do that quest for me.. Trion should never have developed a quest that basically allowed players to let others on their account to do quests for them.. It is imho a form of breaking the rules, but appparently tolerated by Trion..
    And some people can't do the "100 experts, dungeons, mobs or w/e," for whatever reason. Should those things be autocompleted for them as well? How about other tasks? I can't stand Akvan Horror-type mobs (including the friendly "Sanity"); can I have some autocompletions for everything that involves swimming around in that horrible sea?

The particle quest doesn't "allow" players to share the account, anymore than a bank "allows" thieves to break in and steal some cash. The only place I've seen any form of toleration from Trion on this was Brasse bragging that she got someone to do it for her. To put it delicately, that would not be the only time that she expressed a view or opinion that didn't reflect the official position or values of the company she worked for (Trion as well as gamigo).

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    I can totally understand if people want to reduce the requirements for a certain task. That's very common, and I don't see any problem with it. The part I find distasteful is the inexplicable anger and entitlement
    you started the only sentence in your post that bears any importance just fine, then you decided to accuse Silver Tier players whose $12k investments have kept this game running as long as it has despite Trion's best efforts to utterly destroy it and Gamigo's best efforts to

maybe eventually bother to tell us that in the near distant future they have some idea of a thing they hope to plan on figuring out a way to come up with a plan to tell us they intend on making new content

honestly yes all of us who when it is quite obvious we did not gain all that much from having spent so much are truly entitled to demand anything and everything we could possibly want for the entire Rift community and yes that includes saying

hey this thing has been tough to obtain and has become the centrefuge for all skill builds especially warriors that need it to prevent energy starvation and we think all players without it should have one less pain in the butt tasks to hurdle in acquiring it

we are not asking Gamigo to give it away to these players but simply to take a step that is now the only major barrier to obtaining this item for the remaining players not in possession of it already

I new a guy that quit Rift because Squirrel mounts were being given away free and it offended him to have spent all his time and energy accomplishing something that the players recieving the item for free never did, instead of focusing on the accomplishments he made he cried over how much easier someone else got something much later without the badge of honor to show for it

players in this game are too concerned with players 3yrs later getting something much more easily then they did instead of sticking out their chests and saying hells yeah I did it the hard way so suck it!

focus on letting everyone play the game and less on your jealousy of what they didnt have to do

Rift Disciple

Is this even possible today with the current latency and ability lag on the shards?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    you started the only sentence in your post that bears any importance just fine, then you decided to accuse Silver Tier players whose $12k investments have kept this game running as long as it has despite Trion's best efforts to utterly destroy it and Gamigo's best efforts to

maybe eventually bother to tell us that in the near distant future they have some idea of a thing they hope to plan on figuring out a way to come up with a plan to tell us they intend on making new content

honestly yes all of us who when it is quite obvious we did not gain all that much from having spent so much are truly entitled to demand anything and everything we could possibly want for the entire Rift community and yes that includes saying

hey this thing has been tough to obtain and has become the centrefuge for all skill builds especially warriors that need it to prevent energy starvation and we think all players without it should have one less pain in the butt tasks to hurdle in acquiring it

we are not asking Gamigo to give it away to these players but simply to take a step that is now the only major barrier to obtaining this item for the remaining players not in possession of it already

I new a guy that quit Rift because Squirrel mounts were being given away free and it offended him to have spent all his time and energy accomplishing something that the players recieving the item for free never did, instead of focusing on the accomplishments he made he cried over how much easier someone else got something much later without the badge of honor to show for it

players in this game are too concerned with players 3yrs later getting something much more easily then they did instead of sticking out their chests and saying hells yeah I did it the hard way so suck it!

focus on letting everyone play the game and less on your jealousy of what they didnt have to do
    This was a pretty murky read with the lack of punctuation and capitalization, not to mention what seems to be sentences split between paragraphs, but I think I did understand this part:

"...Silver Tier players whose $12k investments... who when it is quite obvious we did not gain all that much from having spent so much are truly entitled to demand anything and everything we could possibly want for the entire Rift community"

Translating to something legible:

"Those of us who have spent twelve thousand dollars on this game and then realized that we didn't win are truly entitled to demand anything and everything we could possibly want, representing and speaking for the entire Rift community."

No, spending twelve thousand dollars on Rift doesn't make you the boss, and finally finding one quest in the game that you can't bravely defeat by throwing money at it doesn't make the rest of the playerbase "jealous." I'm usually the first to ask for the "exclusive" items I've gotten to be made available to other players with a reasonable effort, but the attitude of what I hope is a vocal minority within the group of players who can't manage the particle collection quest makes Veruca Salt look like Little Orphan Annie.

>>> And some people can't do the "100 experts, dungeons, mobs or w/e," for whatever reason. Should those things be autocompleted for them as well? How about other tasks? I can't stand Akvan Horror-type mobs (including the friendly "Sanity"); can I have some autocompletions for everything that involves swimming around in that horrible sea?<<<<

For that you have groups and friends

Quote Originally Posted by VeeK View Post
    Is this even possible today with the current latency and ability lag on the shards?
    probably not

"Those of us who have spent twelve thousand dollars on this game and then realized that we didn't win are truly entitled to demand anything and everything we could possibly want, representing and speaking for the entire Rift community."

No, spending twelve thousand dollars on Rift doesn't make you the boss,

and finally finding one quest in the game that you can't bravely defeat by throwing money at it doesn't make the rest of the playerbase "jealous."
    you are right I should have made a better attempt to make that legible in my tangent driven typing

nope not boss, never said boss, just said we get a say so as in input that should be taken very seriously if they want to continue receiving our money

I beat it before any nerf but ty for trying to assume there, I don't beat anything by throwing money at it in this game, I buy cosmetics, dimension stuffs, mounts and all the big combo packs

and no I never said the rest of the playerbase is jealous, I said the players who did it the hardest way are acting jealous of all the players getting it more and more easily through the nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    >>> And some people can't do the "100 experts, dungeons, mobs or w/e," for whatever reason. Should those things be autocompleted for them as well? How about other tasks? I can't stand Akvan Horror-type mobs (including the friendly "Sanity"); can I have some autocompletions for everything that involves swimming around in that horrible sea?<<<<

For that you have groups and friends
    yeah no need for any auto completions in this game, people have a point about the particles but how many forum reading players have done the Battle Prod achievement in IF without asking Trion CS to auto complete it, not gonna lie I did it once and had them auto complete it when they considered it un do-able on all my alts. but now how many non forum reading players have that achievement the hard way since Gamigo took over and stopped handing it out so players could get the mount from that conquer?

players dont need auto completes, they need abstractly difficult mechanics abollished from the game period, no GM/CS work arounds, no push of a button fix, just gone, no more particles period.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by VeeK View Post
    Not while the shards are offline, of course, and almost certainly not while there's several seconds of lag like a couple days ago ("chat functionality has been restored" u wot m8), but as a "these days in general" thing, yes, it is possible. I just tested it; got 25.

Not while the shards are offline, of course, and almost certainly not while there's several seconds of lag like a couple days ago ("chat functionality has been restored" u wot m8), but as a "these days in general" thing, yes, it is possible. I just tested it; got 25.
    well yeah I mean is it technically possible yes I have done it for an alt just a few days ago and a cpl friends I know IRL, I just wouldnt expect anyone who struggles with it to be able to get it in the current state of the server

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast