+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Eternal weapon change -still can't do it! Too old.

Plane Walker

I guess you guys don't know. The dev who designed this clearly stated it cannot be taken out tor tweaked. Because this goes more than one line of code, it affects the entire programming for the weapon. Meaning they cannot change it. Not sure why you guys still ask even though they already gave the reason. I guess they could remove the entire eternal weapon, but then at that point they should remove legendaries, fragments and probably this entire expantion.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

most people here new or old players, don't pay any attention to what and why the devs did what with any part of the game. just like most people here think its not a big deal to take a particular part of the game and rewrite the code for it for whatever the reason is ... only coders that do or are involved in coding would know that kinda thing ...

personally i think its really easy once you learn to alternate the long and short jumps and just keep pressing one then the other while you look around, by always pressing one or the other it will slow your desent enough for you to line your self up for next particle ... problem is alot of people wait to be at particle to press a button and if you play it that way you will lose every time ... you ALWAYS need to press one then the other while falling and looking ....
    -> Anywho@faeblight -> Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Weirdo@greybrair
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    most people here new or old players, don't pay any attention to what and why the devs did what with any part of the game. just like most people here think its not a big deal to take a particular part of the game and rewrite the code for it for whatever the reason is ... only coders that do or are involved in coding would know that kinda thing ...

personally i think its really easy once you learn to alternate the long and short jumps and just keep pressing one then the other while you look around, by always pressing one or the other it will slow your desent enough for you to line your self up for next particle ... problem is alot of people wait to be at particle to press a button and if you play it that way you will lose every time ... you ALWAYS need to press one then the other while falling and looking ....
    I'm one of the ones that absolutely hates this stupid requirement. I loathe it yet after doing it 10 or so times I was able to get 24. In total I've done it around 20 times since eternal weapons came out. So over a span of 2-3 years I've done it around 20 times. If I kept going I could obviously get all 25. I didn't bother so I asked a friend to do it for me. What's funny is that I know someone who's done it with only one had, as they only have one hand. Granted people have vertigo, but I know someone who has severe vertigo and did it.

Taking out the quest or just autocompleting it are 2 different things.. One is a lot of coding and adjusting, the other is a relatively easy solution.

Taking out the red bubbles for the 15 particles quest would also be an option, but would require some coding as well.

Easiest solution would have been to introduce 275 hit weapons with another upgrade path.. and preferably weapons that could be bought with either datagrams or ethereal shards, instead of the 15k credits for onehanders and 30k for 2handers...

But Trion was working on other things and Gamigo may well be not enough into the game yet to implement this.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Slowfall also helps.
    What is slowfall? I don't remember anything like that?

You can also try clicking the reactive at the top, switching shards and clicking another one before starting. Sometimes it seemed to slow the rate of fall a lot (sometimes too much).

There is one pattern which is by far the easiest. It is the one where the second blue bubble is to the right. It is far easier to get around (IMO) than the other patterns.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Taking out the quest or just autocompleting it are 2 different things.. One is a lot of coding and adjusting, the other is a relatively easy solution.

Taking out the red bubbles for the 15 particles quest would also be an option, but would require some coding as well.

Easiest solution would have been to introduce 275 hit weapons with another upgrade path.. and preferably weapons that could be bought with either datagrams or ethereal shards, instead of the 15k credits for onehanders and 30k for 2handers...

But Trion was working on other things and Gamigo may well be not enough into the game yet to implement this.
    How do you know autocompleting it is a relatively easy solution? Did tacituis or any other dev confrim this?

Plane Touched

I don't know why some people believe that they should be able to unlock every one of a game's rewards, with any task they don't have the patience for needing to be nerfed or removed and the reward simply given to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bri bates View Post
    I can understand putting in a variety of different things to do in-game to progress the eternal weapon chain but having to do 3 different levels of the same stupid thing that in no way reflects gameplay in any other area of the game is utterly [redacted]. Either add alternate options or make it as no-brainer as most of the other required steps by significantly lowering the fall speed...
    hit [/] it makes you walk speed and you fall slower, go to faeblight it has a better pattern

that being said this task bears no learning to anything else in the game, no dungeon, raid or functional requirement is learned by mastering this, it was another of Dead Simon's sick jokes attempting to prove his intellectual importance and do so with his particularly farmiliar cultural superiority type attitude of being british as if British people need his kind of cocky nature representing them anymore than the US needs hotshot military dumb[redacted] showing off on youtube at abu ghraib

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    this task bears no learning to anything else in the game, no dungeon, raid or functional requirement is learned by mastering this
    For the boss Enigma in Mind of Madness you need about the same skills. I'd say Enigma is even more difficult because you're constantly moving in circles, avoiding objects and doing your rotation. In the current expansion, however, the fights are less dynamic and require little movement skills that can be compared to the quest.

Basically I would say that the quest at least forces you to optimize your playing style (keybindings, mouse movement, keep an overview of the environment) when you encounter problems and ultimately make you a better player.
    Last edited by Bamul; 08-12-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    How do you know autocompleting it is a relatively easy solution? Did tacituis or any other dev confrim this?
    because the quest has a specific name...
    Therefore, the code for it should be relatively easy, just like the steppes of infinity sand quest...

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    For the boss Enigma in Mind of Madness you need about the same skills. I'd say Enigma is even more difficult because you're constantly moving in circles, avoiding objects and doing your rotation. In the current expansion, however, the fights are less dynamic and require little movement skills that can be compared to the quest.

Basically I would say that the quest at least forces you to optimize your playing style (keybindings, mouse movement, keep an overview of the environment) when you encounter problems and ultimately make you a better player.
    I dont see the comparison this one is about falling strategically, dodging bubbles on the ground is 100 times more simple, you are either reaching or a Dead Simon sympathizer

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    I dont see the comparison this one is about falling strategically, dodging bubbles on the ground is 100 times more simple, you are either reaching or a Dead Simon sympathizer
    Actually, Enigma was many times harder than 25 bubbles back in the day.

actually.. that is subjective..

walking is something most people do without thinking twice.. but if you are disabled, it can be a challenge..

Telaran

you lot are a bunch of hard c...ts

for some people this is just too difficult. it has nothing to do with raiding or showing how big your epinis is.

take a breath and understand not everyone can do this ****fest of a thing and offer some help instead of being ******s.

being nice sadly is something lacking in rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast