+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Eternal weapon change -still can't do it! Too old.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    That it is stupid easy for you is all well and good. Unfortunately, we all aren't you.

This challenge is ill suited to a tab-targeting MMORPG, as are the jumping challenges in general, especially in one such as Rift, with questionable precision in movement. Many play this type of game as they reasonably expect such challenges to be absent.

If this was one of the more action-based MMORPGs, with controls that adequately support that type of play, it would be another story. But it isn't, so it will remain out of place, and as a result be frustrating to many, until better options are made available.
    I respectfully disagree that this task is overly difficult for this type of game.

Positioning your character and moving your field of view around with the mouse aren't foreign concepts in this type of game. In fact they're a staple.

The only difficulty in this is learning to halt your rate of falling and calmly navigating your way around the red bubbles.

The calm part is key. It's not like there's a death penalty associated with failing at it. Or a raid wipe because you stood in fire, dropped fire on your party, or missed a jump on a damage pulse/line.

It didn't come instantly for me either.

Since I had 16 weeks to learn how to get to the 25 I just made sure to do the daily as practice, maybe a few extra attempts here and there. I didn't want to stress myself out by repeatedly messing up.

After a couple weeks or I had it figured out. And all my alts who needed the sparkles have the 25 achievement. Regardless of eternal stage.

Just takes a bit of practice and taking a slow and methodical path around the obstacles.

Rift Master

Come so close to putting down money and then there is something that completely closes me out. Can't do the particles. Don't care about all you supermen who can. Fact remains it is a useless quest not relating to anything in the game. It just slows you down. It is grind not content and therefore worthless. Have 2 chars to 70 and got the first weapon and that will be all I ever have because I won't pay a Rex and surrender my account info to all the people who "offer" to help.

I think I made 25 on my third try when I discovered the quest, despite it wasn't necessary for the daily quest completion. But I can fully understand people can have problems with coordination. I would suggest to try and use ability "1" only and see how's that goes - completion will be little bit slower, but you will have more time to plan your next step.

If DEVs are going to offer an alternative path for sparkle quest I would suggest Manugo as a solution. 150, 300 and 600 clicks on MANUGO console for those who refuse to do particles.
    Telaran Extravaganza Eleganza
    Alphaine@Deepwood / BrassVespid@Deepwood (and plenty of alts @ <Jubi> thanks to chronic altaholism)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasyn View Post
    This part of the weapon quest doesn't belong in the game. A test of speed, coordination, reflex timing, mouse control, and reaction is in Gran Tourisimo, not Rift. It's 'Advanced Manugo.' And don't get me started on the 'Jet Pack' speed/memory stuff. Sometimes, new ideas just don't fit.
    Yes, that quest is dumb, but it have nothing to do with reflexes and reaction times. You need to use both skills, if you wait cooldown of one skill only, your falling speed increases too much. You can search next particle while jumping to previous one. Most annoying think in this quest are those red orbs, sometimes they are kinda badly located.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Arzka2 View Post
    Yes, that quest is dumb, but it have nothing to do with reflexes and reaction times. You need to use both skills, if you wait cooldown of one skill only, your falling speed increases too much. You can search next particle while jumping to previous one. Most annoying think in this quest are those red orbs, sometimes they are kinda badly located.
    The red orbs are a problem but not because of their placement. I get they're an obstacle and meant to make it more difficult the problem is a single red orb can infinitely take away particles. It should be a one hit deal, the actual particles don't let you collect them more than once but the damaging orbs can take as many away as they want. If you hit one in a poor direction it can take away 4 particles... if you hit again even more. That's what I find annoying. I suppose they're designed like that but it seems rather excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubinibi View Post
    If DEVs are going to offer an alternative path for sparkle quest I would suggest Manugo as a solution. 150, 300 and 600 clicks on MANUGO console for those who refuse to do particles.
    THIS is a very good idea I support

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ŕ la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Skiye View Post
    I respectfully disagree that this task is overly difficult for this type of game.

Positioning your character and moving your field of view around with the mouse aren't foreign concepts in this type of game. In fact they're a staple.

The only difficulty in this is learning to halt your rate of falling and calmly navigating your way around the red bubbles.

The calm part is key. It's not like there's a death penalty associated with failing at it. Or a raid wipe because you stood in fire, dropped fire on your party, or missed a jump on a damage pulse/line.

It didn't come instantly for me either.

Since I had 16 weeks to learn how to get to the 25 I just made sure to do the daily as practice, maybe a few extra attempts here and there. I didn't want to stress myself out by repeatedly messing up.

After a couple weeks or I had it figured out. And all my alts who needed the sparkles have the 25 achievement. Regardless of eternal stage.

Just takes a bit of practice and taking a slow and methodical path around the obstacles.
    Positioning your character and point of view are a staple when used as they commonly are. This activity is in no way a common use of that feature, especially in non-action MMORPGs.

The only added difficulty is what makes this too difficult for some, and doesn't belong in a tab-targeting MMORPG to begin with, due to the wide divergence from the content that would normally be expected in such a title.

Regardless, I'm not about to spend any amount of weeks on a task ill-suited to a game that I know I won't enjoy and so vastly out of place. When I want that kind of thing, I have genre appropriate games with far better control to pursue it in.

But, we can respectfully disagree, as you say. Obviously you could do it, and no doubt many others. If the majority can do the same, then it is perhaps not as out of place as I believe.

I certainly don't expect them to adjust the game around my view of things, so I'm not calling for any changes to it. I play this and any other game pretty casually anyway, so if something is beyond my reach or I don't want to chase after it, I often don't really need it.
    Last edited by KnightFalz; 02-18-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Yer I stopped at quest needed 100 now 25 dungeons as I just don't do them. As it took me ages to get the 15 jump quest having 20 needed for this one I just gave up upgrading it.
    I'm a bit upset about dungeons not having a WF opion as well. The quest line makes you do everything in game but WF. Looking after the raiders as usual.
    Last edited by MickNico; 02-18-2018 at 11:30 PM.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

What ever happened to crafting? Have we lost the ability to create our ultimate stuff??? In short,,Yes! Yes we have. Now we just visit the store and buy what we need to finish our upgrades on armor, and weapons, or hit the dungeons for drops and rewards. I know crafting is DOA, but still fun to think about it at times. Just hang in there long enough and it will change to be some what more accessible. The bubble thingy. I personally think it's a ridiculous requirement.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Since it surprised me seeing so many people having problems with completion of the task, I have decided to run it once more.

Here is what I found:
    • if you navigate through MOUSE view (press and hold Right Mouse Button) and keep spamming [1] on KEYBOARD on cooldown the fall speed is minimal and you can remain airborne for very very very long time.

_
    • quest is more difficult if you miss very first bubble. Character starts falling before ability [1] is recharged
      _
    • quest is SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult if you use mouse only. (Perhaps there is still someone who is using mouse to point-and-click abilities)
      _
    • quest is also doable entirely without a mouse just by using three buttons
      [1] Major Charge Release
      [A] Turn left
      [D] Turn right

but of course it's much more difficult
      _
    • try "Hard Mode" with only two buttons [1] and [A].

Warning: can cause nausea, dizziness, sourness and total failure (of the quest completion).
      _

note: my latency was around 160ms when I tested it on US cluster while sitting in Europe
    Telaran Extravaganza Eleganza
    Alphaine@Deepwood / BrassVespid@Deepwood (and plenty of alts @ <Jubi> thanks to chronic altaholism)

I would have to agree this collecting cosmic particles was hard. Like you a bit old, I can let you in on what I did to finish all the cosmic particles stages. Go to Performance/Settings/Interface/Action Bar change Ability Queue to None. Don't forget to change it back when your done...

This should stop you from using both ability’s one after the other. Take your time if need be go out wide to turn around keep moving forward. When you need to drop try to get over the highest one to drop, remember to keep moving, go wide circle around line the particle up then go through it.
    Take Your Time there’s no rush…. If the cosmic particles you are doing look too hard change server as the cosmic particles Patten does change and some are much easier to do. Hope this helps..

Regards,

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Percypus View Post
    I am afraid that the eternal weapon changes are of no use to me. Can't get past the first quest - stuck at collecting 15 cosmic particles. Best I have managed is 4. Gave up on the quest when it first came out and looks like I am going to have to give up again on all my toons on both accounts. Old age-old hands - not nimble enough, sigh.
    After almost a year, now with the upgrade change, i can finally come back, so i got the expert and rifts done, whats next?

I have to say that i agree with you 100%, at most i can collect up to 13, the devs doesn't even look at all the players equa, since there are always players who can and cant. I guess im too old for this as well.

A little fun game during the steps i don't mind, but this particle collection is no fun at all, i'd rather go play some more fun games instead.
    Last edited by MisakaMikoto; 02-19-2018 at 03:17 AM.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Soulwalker

What's fun about this quest?
    It is a tedious chore.
    Please don't block content or progress with things like this.
    Last edited by Foepaw; 04-16-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Shadowlander

This is still a solid stop for me. Please get rid of this quest. Maybe if you enforce the rules about using someone else's account more people would be on here letting you know how bad it really is.

Rift Master

I can understand putting in a variety of different things to do in-game to progress the eternal weapon chain but having to do 3 different levels of the same stupid thing that in no way reflects gameplay in any other area of the game is utterly [redacted]. Either add alternate options or make it as no-brainer as most of the other required steps by significantly lowering the fall speed...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast