+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Player

Default Returning Player

Returning player here, just wanted to stop by the Forums and say hello!

I first got Rift in 2011 after looking for a game to scratch the MMO itch I had picked up from another game prior. I played casually with real life friends before hitting level cap in Chocolate Rift and joining a raiding guild.

Those days spent raiding, doing Warfronts and grinding achievements were possibly the most fun I've ever had with a PC game. I was invested enough to keep playing into 2014, eventually changes to the game drove me to take a break.

Now it's 2018 and I have no Guild, no knowledge and no goal. Despite that I still find I love playing this game. My question to you forum readers is what have been some of the biggest changes and events in the game since I stopped? They can be positive or negative changes, just looking for information.

Hopefully we can start a discussion about things we personally enjoy abut Rift. Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Ghirahim; 02-13-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Isp
    Sword of Telara
    Last edited by Isp; 02-13-2018 at 04:30 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    That page looks super helpful thank you

Welcome back.
    Just, comfortably numb....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasyn View Post
    Welcome back.
    Thank you Sarasyn. Glad to be back, for now at least .

A couple really awesome things.

The Auction House is pretty amazing, relisting and using suggested prices actually works properly, very good wardrobe finder searches as well.

Porticulums are really set up well. Alot of maps/zones have them all over the place and traveling is really easy.

Wardrobe system is amazing.

Alot of soul options, not really best for raids but there are alot of options for open world stuff and you can really customize your character.

I enjoy alot of the quality of life stuff, especially instant que for dungeons or LFR Raids. Meeting stones and extra travel really suck in a lot of games.

There are more but these are the ones I usually forget about until I play something else.

O yea no fall damage, nice.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Thanks Poshy I totally agree with all the things you listed!

I have jumped between a few other MMORPGs over time and it is easy to forget all the little things this game contains.

It's not a big deal for me personally but my girlfriend is enamoured with Dimensions. You really can have so much fun with them and for people that enjoy games that work off your creativity it can be hard to find anything to match Dimensions in an MMO setting.

I gotta say, despite the fact that balance is an issue I have so much fun playing with all the Soul combinations. You have quite a bit of freedom and it stops characters from feeling old or boring when you can switch up play so drastically.
    Ghirahim | Urbosa | Zeroids | Kushty | Mipha @Gelidra

Some other changes..

assuming you are level 65...

at level 66-70 you get legenday points.. they upgrade one pre-selected skill in your soultree.. 5 points total, 3 max in a soultree. They influence abilities from other souls as well.. so read the descriptions

Gear 65+ is now basics for all. No pvp stats, no secundary stats. Essences and Planar fragments still hold CP, crit, SP, AP, guard/block/dodge
    there are 3 different stat combinations.. more main stat, something in between and more endurance based.

Planar fragments : 11 new 'gear' slots.. they replace more or less the secundary stats.. and boost your stats. You try to get the good ones and level those. others you use in between but don't spend too much plat on to level up. (full upgrade of a single planar fragment can cost and easy 800 plat when lucky)

On the bright side.. quests give more plat than in NT ^^ crafting no longer gives levelling xp, only Planar attunement xp. It is by far the easiest way to get the Mages of Alittu rep, you may want that to get a good death planar fragment)
    workorders skill 451 give some 5p75 once you are level 65.

wb and gl on the road
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-14-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Aranka, all that information on the latest expansion is great. I didn't know anything about the changes since NT and you let me know just in time. Currently level 64, was 60 on return. Thanks a lot!
    Ghirahim | Urbosa | Zeroids | Kushty | Mipha @Gelidra

Soulwalker

Did you find yourself an active guild btw?
    I sometimes really want to play rift again but it seems empty and I want a social guild to talk to, even if I have long absences

Quote Originally Posted by Wornstar View Post
    Did you find yourself an active guild btw?
    I sometimes really want to play rift again but it seems empty and I want a social guild to talk to, even if I have long absences
    If you are looking for some social interaction, make sure to join the Heroes of Telara Discord server (see my sig). You might also find a guild there.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Plane Walker

Default Amazing

amazing this game is still functioning.. its been 2 years since I left Rift. What is truly amazing I still know my 32 character password

+ Reply to Thread