+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 12 month sub offer

Xly
    Rift Disciple

Hey Tacitus,

while we're at this topic ... is it already certain that this offer will "unlock" Prime as well?

I'm poor so I'll have to choose between this and Prime if it doesn't

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    Hey Tacitus,

while we're at this topic ... is it already certain that this offer will "unlock" Prime as well?

I'm poor so I'll have to choose between this and Prime if it doesn't
    Yes, this info is pretty easy to find.

Plane Walker

Hey Tacitus--

While you are here, can you confirm what the end date is for the $99.99/year sub promo?

The in game Message of the Day says "18 February" but the news post here:

http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...e-ends-feb-28/

says "28 February." Can we get some confirmation on that from Trion please?

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    While you are here, can you confirm what the end date is for the $99.99/year sub promo?

The in game Message of the Day says "18 February" but the news post here:

http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2...e-ends-feb-28/

says "28 February." Can we get some confirmation on that from Trion please?
    The MotD is in error and getting updated now.

And to the prior question, yes the current Patron deal includes Prime. As worded to me when I asked for confirmation, "All Patron is Prime."
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Ral
    Rift Master

From my personal experience about 2 years ago when purchasing (through the website) a new recurring subscription plan while one is still active one is charged for the subscription plan immediately, but will not receive any loyalty nor subscription time until the current subscription time is used.

In my case I sought to take advantage of a similar offer and was immediately charged, but expected only to be charged nearly 7 months later when my current recurring subscription ended and the new recurring subscription took effect in game.

This was based on the general process that occurs with recurring subscriptions when they renew on their own and you are charged when the subscription renews. As it turns out this is not the same process as when purchasing a new subscription plan (or pricing (see below)).

Additionally because the new subscription had not yet been applied and I saw no change in my days remaining, I was very dubious as to if the subscription had been applied correctly given I was already charged for the time.

I did submit a ticket and got a refund after some effort, but it was heavily implied that this immediate charge was normal and they do not in general offer a refund for such cases.

Additionally iirc to change from a standard one year plan, to a special one year plan (as is the current offer) you must first terminate your current one year recurring plan (either by cancelling it or purchasing a plan of a different length), then acquire the new recurring plan.

This is all based on two year old knowledge, but it is doubtful the process has changed.

It has now been sorted (thank you to the Gm who sorted it out) ...

Ps it was not a sub plan but an outright purchase.
    Have you ever wanted to?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2