+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Rift Prime Servers

Champion

I could be wrong but I don't think each live server is hosted on its own hardware, so merging won't free up resources for Prime. Instead, it will just piss players off on live who often server hop to find a rare spawn or do a quest with a ridiculously low spawn rate or high competition from other players.

I'm reserving final judgement for Prime until we see how it plays out but my common sense tells me that it's not a good way to squander Rift's meager resources.

Plane Walker

Thumbs up wrong

rift is dieing cause peoppel are sick of p2w store crap
    rift was better when was frist released two things that help prime
    1 no primealist class
    2 no add ons;s of any kind
    3 make aure teir is fall dmg
    4 repair pvp gear

Quote Originally Posted by samfluffy View Post
    3 make aure teir is fall dmg
    I miss fall damage... You'd think something as simple as hitting the ground hard wouldn't be something the casuals cried about.

I literally read post after post complaining about how the removal of fall damage was the best thing Trion had ever done, because after a long day at work you didn't want to think about falling down and hurting yourself.

I blame Trion for most of the bad stuff that has happened to Rift, but some of the blame lies with a truly stupid part of this community for cheering them on.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ViRALiC View Post
    I miss fall damage... You'd think something as simple as hitting the ground hard wouldn't be something the casuals cried about.

I literally read post after post complaining about how the removal of fall damage was the best thing Trion had ever done, because after a long day at work you didn't want to think about falling down and hurting yourself.

I blame Trion for most of the bad stuff that has happened to Rift, but some of the blame lies with a truly stupid part of this community for cheering them on.
    If I recall correctly, fall damage was removed because the faster mounts would randomly launch you into the air every time you ran over a pebble and kill you. I fail to see the fun in that. There's a difference between jumping off a cliff and taking damage and running from point a to point b on a road and randomly dying.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    If I recall correctly, fall damage was removed because the faster mounts would randomly launch you into the air every time you ran over a pebble and kill you. I fail to see the fun in that. There's a difference between jumping off a cliff and taking damage and running from point a to point b on a road and randomly dying.
    Pretty sure this is correct. Their strafe physics are so messed up.

Telaran

Just look at Age of Conans new Server.
    It is a "Saga" Server, where everyone starts from lvl 1, the server lasts only 4 Months.
    At the End the characters will be transferred to the standard PVE Server and you earn rewards.

So no progress lost. Please do it the same way, I dont want to farm with my character, equip it, personalize it, make me a name on the server, and then suddenly dissapear. Transfer it on Rift Live after Prime is done.

And please consider doing it like Oldschool Runescape.
    Release Rift Vanilla, do some Promo out there with trailers and more, and push content with player controlled polls.
    Just put a bulletboard into Meridian/Sanctum for players to interact with and answer questions what to release next etc.

This COULD be really a NEW START for Rift, IF DONE RIGHT !!
    Trion, please dont fck up with this amazing game. You can safe it.
    Change some things that you failed back in the days while the Prime server runs
    Leave in the stuff that people loved. (PvP Gear and Ranks for example,...)

You have to power to make a Rift:Reborn with great success if you dont mess up with your ignorance, Trion.
    LISTEN TO THE COMMUNIITY; ATLEAST THIS TIME PLEASE!
    I would throw all my money out there for a decent Chocolate/SL experience.
    It was the best mmorpg Time I've ever had !!!
    And I want it back.
    Last edited by Brutalize11; 02-14-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    My 3-Way (3 Chars) PvP-Montage : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOJdaAu5L8E - Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutalize11 View Post
    Just look at Age of Conans new Server.
    It is a "Saga" Server, where everyone starts from lvl 1, the server lasts only 4 Months.
    At the End the characters will be transferred to the standard PVE Server and you earn rewards.

So no progress lost. Please do it the same way, I dont want to farm with my character, equip it, personalize it, make me a name on the server, and then suddenly dissapear. Transfer it on Rift Live after Prime is done.

And please consider doing it like Oldschool Runescape.
    Release Rift Vanilla, do some Promo out there with trailers and more, and push content with player controlled polls.
    Just put a bulletboard into Meridian/Sanctum for players to interact with and answer questions what to release next etc.

This COULD be really a NEW START for Rift, IF DONE RIGHT !!
    Trion, please dont fck up with this amazing game. You can safe it.
    Change some things that you failed back in the days while the Prime server runs
    Leave in the stuff that people loved. (PvP Gear and Ranks for example,...)

You have to power to make a Rift:Reborn with great success if you dont mess up with your ignorance, Trion.
    LISTEN TO THE COMMUNIITY; ATLEAST THIS TIME PLEASE!
    I would throw all my money out there for a decent Chocolate/SL experience.
    It was the best mmorpg Time I've ever had !!!
    And I want it back.
    They already announced on last weeks livestream that they've discussed it and the intent is to allow people to keep their characters at the end of the servers life, but they will be working on the technical aspect of how to arrange that going forward.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Default Opinion.

If prime going to be succesfull they need to do a lot of thing, For sake of the rift future.( Before the prime things end.)

1- Create an expansion ( New storyline, Maybe New race ?)

2- New 20 man and 10 man raids ( Different mechanics, 2 20 man 2 10 man is enough I think)

3- Conquest system ( Like the old times maybe different system or style )

4- Patron Only Servers and No lootbox, No p2w crap ( They can sell wardrobe costume on shop and exp vial or something..

5- A Good advertisement. ( No p2w, No lootbox blah blah.)

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Last Dawn

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    5- A Good advertisement. ( No p2w, No lootbox blah blah.)
    Something along the lines of "No Trials. No Tricks. No Traps." will surely do the trick.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    This exactly. Funny to see how people blame this on player's demand, while in fact it was Trion's inability to fix the problems with the movement physics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3