Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Unable to play

Telaran

Default Unable to play

So, Saturday when the shards went wonky my main char locked up hard. When I was able to get back online my RIFT UI settings were all set back to start and all of my addon saved info was wiped. 2 years of Dim maps just gone as well as all my kalerts etc.

I have uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled several times. After a few days I gave in and completely wiped my computer and rebuilt clean. (this has caused me even more work, time, frustration having to rebuild all the rest of the things I had on my computer)

When I got everything reinstalled for glyph and Rift I was still having the same issues so it is definately on Trion's end. I had hoped that Wed reset would fix it but instead it AGAIN completely reset me, destroying all I had spent almost a week trying to rebuild, acting like it was a new account, making me click agreements, trying to tutorial me, and AGAIN wiping all I had rebuilt on my settings. My account is not recognizing what spec I am in for addons either. I am completely unable to play. I cannot have it resetting everything over and over, and especially not on raid days. It is not just addons, it is the RIFT UI also. My screen looks like someone shook it.

I have tried going through the GM's and I got this horrible answer showing they do not care if I am unable to play for the past week:

GM Nethas (Trion Worlds)

Feb 8, 17:34 CST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that this situation has caused. Unfortunately, we are unable to escalate you to our developer team. They are a separate team from the customer service department. The best way to report this issue to them is through our bug report system. I will also pass this information along to the appropriate teams. We know this is not the answer that you were hoping for but we appreciate your understanding with our decision.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT.

Your reference number for this ticket is 1044041.

Sincerely,

GM Nethas

Trion Worlds Inc

So am I to take this as a bugger off from Trion, they do not care if we cannot play? Is that the decision they are expecting me to understand that they made?
    Last edited by Daementia; 02-08-2018 at 05:13 PM.
    C is for Cookie.... that's good enough for me!

Dimensions by Xaii@Greybriar: Sky Haven, The Four Seasons, Ancient Alien Theorists Suggest, Riftwarts Express, Tea House, Chateau de Bonne Chance, and Guild Hall for Phoenix Ascending (Tuldio Sun Orb)

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

We're looking into this right now, please stay tuned. No guarantees because some things are truly beyond our ability to fix (add-ons are not technically supported), but we will do all we can for you.
    Brasse

Shadowlander

your addon settings are saved on your computer, by wiping it you removed any chance of restoring them
    Last edited by mokg; 02-08-2018 at 05:52 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Righto, we had an employee log in securely to Daementia and everything operated correctly with a standard installation of RIFT, with normal UI layout, etc.

Unfortunately, this indicates that the issue is with any changes you've made to files or data on your end, not with the character files or RIFT software. CS could not find any evidence of corruption on the character or account data.

Can you confirm that Daementia is the character affected? We have a list of all of your recently logged in characters to hand, I just don't want to post them all here.
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 02-08-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Telaran

This is a fresh clean install. All of the game files were downloaded from Glyph Tuesday and again everything reset on Wednesday. It is not on my end. I cannot be reset every week. (Xaii is my main, I do not play Daementia) It has reset me twice in less than a week. Glyph or Rift thinking my account is new and playing tutorial, making me click agreements, sound turned up to scare the bejeebers out of me etc. So yes it may "seem" to work on your end after I have again already gone through the reset yet again and set up bits again, maybe you all play with sound and other settings that I have had to turn off or on so your normal and mine are different, but understand that being reset over and over and spending hours resetting everything up is not a playable situation by any stretch of the imagination.

And while in regards to the addon apsect, I do understand that addons are not your responsibility, and that my data is lost (that was never in question, this happened last year but not to this extreme and I knew from that time that the addon data would be gone) Rift is not even recognizing my specs etc. (last year it all worked after just resetting up) All 3 toons I had kalerts set up on were affected in that addons no longer recognize what spec they are in, I did try with them also just to see.

I do very much appreciate you looking into it for me. But I will be honest that I very disappointed that this is how Rift comes to an end for me. I feel a bit tossed away. Like my money was taken for the dragon hoard and other goodies but HA can't use it now etc. (not by you personally)

With wiping my computer completely and reinstalling clean, there cannot be any issues on my end. Rift and glyph are currently all that are on my computer after all this. (I have just not had the heart to reinstall anything else yet to get back to normal)

*hugs Brasse, Tacitus, RoughRaptors, BlazingOctopus, Dead Simon et al* Thank you for the adventures that I did get to have in Rift.
    Last edited by Daementia; 02-09-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Dimensions by Xaii@Greybriar: Sky Haven, The Four Seasons, Ancient Alien Theorists Suggest, Riftwarts Express, Tea House, Chateau de Bonne Chance, and Guild Hall for Phoenix Ascending (Tuldio Sun Orb)

Shadowlander

I'll help you make new kalert sets if you want. mokg@laethys or PM me on here with what specs and exactly how you want them set up
    Last edited by mokg; 02-09-2018 at 12:59 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Daementia View Post
    This is a fresh clean install. All of the game files were downloaded from Glyph Tuesday and again everything reset on Wednesday. It is not on my end. I cannot be reset every week. (Xaii is my main, I do not play Daementia) It has reset me twice in less than a week. Glyph or Rift thinking my account is new and playing tutorial, making me click agreements, sound turned up to scare the bejeebers out of me etc. So yes it may "seem" to work on your end after I have again already gone through the reset yet again and set up bits again, maybe you all play with sound and other settings that I have had to turn off or on so your normal and mine are different, but understand that being reset over and over and spending hours resetting everything up is not a playable situation by any stretch of the imagination.

And while in regards to the addon apsect, I do understand that addons are not your responsibility, and that my data is lost (that was never in question, this happened last year but not to this extreme and I knew from that time that the addon data would be gone) Rift is not even recognizing my specs etc. (last year it all worked after just resetting up) All 3 toons I had kalerts set up on were affected in that addons no longer recognize what spec they are in, I did try with them also just to see.

I do very much appreciate you looking into it for me. But I will be honest that I very disappointed that this is how Rift comes to an end for me. I feel a bit tossed away. Like my money was taken for the dragon hoard and other goodies but HA can't use it now etc. (not by you personally)

With wiping my computer completely and reinstalling clean, there cannot be any issues on my end. Rift and glyph are currently all that are on my computer after all this. (I have just not had the heart to reinstall anything else yet to get back to normal)

*hugs Brasse, Tacitus, RoughRaptors, BlazingOctopus, Dead Simon et al* Thank you for the adventures that I did get to have in Rift.
    This is not on rifts end, sorry.

You have some odd permission settings or youve moved the standard documents folder windows uses if you keep getting reset to defaults.

You can go into c: > users > (yourcomputerusernamehere) > appdata > roaming > rift.log and see what its doing on last load in and log out. You may have to enable seeing hidden folders, thats easy to google so i wont type those instructions.

Also at that same location, you can open rift.cfg with a text editor, and look for the [Movies] section. it should have one line. PlayedIntroMovie = True. If it says false after you have opened rift once, see the first part of my reply above.

If your addons are also disappearing (not meaning after you redid your whole system, and why for a game with issues with 1 char??)) you have something really wrong with your system.

Im far from a trion fanboi, but this one is wrong to pin on trion. sorry

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by PlayerNumber2 View Post
    You can go into c: > users > (yourcomputerusernamehere) > appdata > roaming > rift.log and see what its doing on last load in and log out. You may have to enable seeing hidden folders, thats easy to google so i wont type those instructions.
    You could go to %APPDATA% instead - no need to enable hidden folders in that case.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by mokg View Post
    your addon settings are saved on your computer, by wiping it you removed any chance of restoring them
    I did not wipe it, the reset did. I could rebuild the kalerts if it recognized spec but it isn't at this time. I appreciate you offering to help me rebuild them, was sweet of you to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayerNumber2 View Post
    This is not on rifts end, sorry.

You have some odd permission settings or youve moved the standard documents folder windows uses if you keep getting reset to defaults.

Also at that same location, you can open rift.cfg with a text editor, and look for the [Movies] section. it should have one line. PlayedIntroMovie = True. If it says false after you have opened rift once, see the first part of my reply above.

If your addons are also disappearing (not meaning after you redid your whole system, and why for a game with issues with 1 char??)) you have something really wrong with your system.

Im far from a trion fanboi, but this one is wrong to pin on trion. sorry
    lol I did not copy/paste anything. Nothing was moved. (rolls eyes) There was nothing from ANY programs left on my poor computer. I made him all fresh n shiney newborn. (kills me when people assume and don't read) It did it once last year and it did it twice this week. It is not an every day occurrence and had run fine for the year between. Also I did indicate it was all characters, I just don't play the others, so it is not just 1 character. When it started was when Wolfsbane went all wonky. There is nothing wrong with my system. Every other game and program ran great. The addons are not disappearing, they are resetting. so the buttons go spinning all over my screen instead of where I had them (making it look like someone shook my screen lol) and my saved variables get erased.

I reformatted my drive. I reinstalled my OS. Then I installed Glyph and Rift. Then I downloaded a fresh clean copy of kalerts. I did not use an old copy of saved variables because there were no saved variables left after they wiped on Saturday anyways. Kalerts are empty. It does not recognize what spec I am in and it does not change numbers to match the spec. If it would recognize the spec I could rebuild the kalerts but Still, who wants to have to do that over and over?

But it is not just addons. Everyone seems to be missing that part. Saturday and Wed after reset when I logged in the sound was blaring (I always set sounds to off). It wanted to run the tutorial. It wants me to click I agree (of course I agree, I wanna make dead stuff lol) A lot of other preference settings were set back to default.

For addons it says Hey we see this is the first time running blahblahblah.

I do this for a living. I beta test new systems and fix when people mess up their programs for the company I work for. I have done this for a very long time. I am not stupid just because I am a girl lol. But even an idiot would know if you reformat, reinstall OS, reinstall Rift from Glyph and it happens again, that it is not on my end. I had thought originally the same, that a file on my comp had gotten corrupted and that is why I tried uninstall and reinstall, then finally to this extreme to ensure my end was clean.

The only other thing it could be is on Glyph's end. Because I log in through Glyph and that is when I got all the reset mess on Saturday and then AGAIN on Wed after restart. WHICH hmmm makes me remember what caused the one a year ago... they had a promotion where if you logged into Atlas Reactor you would get a handful of Patron days for Rift. When I installed Atlas Reactor, all my addon info had been erased. But it still recognized what spec I was in so I was able to rebuild the kalerts n move on that time. (That was also my old computer and a dif OS so isn't a reoccurrence from then and this comp has run Rift awesomely for a year)(But I did not install another game from Glyph this time)

I have done all I can to fix. Brasse being the sweetie that she is and whoever she talked into looking also tried what they could and I do appreciate that.

But at this point I guess it does not even matter. Most of my friends have left. Most of the people I know that still play only raid log. It had gotten to where I only raid log. But I cannot raid this way, especially if it may happen again on reset Wed since raids are wed night.

So thank you anyways for trying to help but it is just time to try RL for awhile (shudders) lol
    Last edited by Daementia; 02-09-2018 at 04:36 AM.

Slightly confused... all went wrong last saturday... feb3rd.

You tried solving it by resetting, re-installing, fresh install of your computer

The GM response is from feb 8..

I assume that is after you did the fresh install for your entire system?

The moment you change anything (install, clean, uninstall/re-install) before Trion could/did look into it, they can't see what went wrong.. the information is no longer there.
    I know it is annoying, frustrating and makes you want to pull somebody from behind his desk and stick his face to the screen to see.. but CS in this case gave you a real answer, not the standard.. they would pass it on to the correct team and asked you to put in a bug report through game.
    They can't fix everything as fast as they would like to, sometimes it takes a few days, especially if it includes some weekend days

No matter how annoying and unfair it feels, sometimes one needs to wait a few days to get things solved

Maybe, just maybe.. you acted too fast yourself trying to fix something.

I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you wanted/expected. Hopefully next time will be better. Meanwhile, you are offered help to get things set up. At least give their help a go, kindness is a rare gift

Hope to see you in game soon,

take care.

Rift Disciple

It is pretty obvious that addon-data is stored locally. So rift support can't restore that for you.
    I don't think it is fair to say that the answer from the GM was horrible. That guy simply can't help you.

It may not be your fault that the data was lost. I found that if you change your kalerts and don't log off normally, you lose them. So I store them in a text file too.

Telaran

*just shakes her head n laughs* people def do not read.

I appreciate people trying to help but unfortunately it is not actually helpful when things are misread or misinterpreted.

We all know addon info is stored locally. It is not just addons (this is soo the last time I will say that lol) The addon part of the issue is that the addon or Rift is not communicating data properly to change kalert tab when spec is changed. I can save the data elsewhere til the cows come home in case of more erasures, rebuild it all yet again but if it will not change with the spec change, it is kinda useless. (and if it resets on patches again)

No one seems to read that it was all reset TWICE this week. And I only showed the last gm response as it was so.... (bites tongue)

Basically I needed Trion to check if data was corrupted for my account on their end. The awesome Brasse and her very nice helper did that so there is nothing else to be done except maybe try through Steam or just keep checking back on Wednesdays after patches to see if it magically fixes.

I feel like... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVKxTKljoo8 lol!

Just end this thread. I thank you all for trying and for having intentions in a nice place. (hugs) We will all just move along and have a nice day
    Last edited by Daementia; 02-09-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Rift Disciple

*just shakes her head n laughs* people def do not read.

I appreciate people trying to help but unfortunately it is not actually helpful when things are misread or misinterpreted.

We all know addon info is stored locally. It is not just addons (this is soo the last time I will say that lol) The addon part of the issue is that the addon or Rift is not communicating data properly to change kalert tab when spec is changed. I can save the data elsewhere til the cows come home in case of more erasures, rebuild it all yet again but if it will not change with the spec change, it is kinda useless. (and if it resets on patches again)

No one seems to read that it was all reset TWICE this week. And I only showed the last gm response as it was so.... (bites tongue)

I feel like... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVKxTKljoo8 lol!

Just end this thread. I thank you all for trying and for having intentions in a nice place. (hugs) We will all just move along and have a nice day
    So you were fully aware that support couldn't help you and wasting their time. I have to agree completely with the GM: "The best way to report this issue to them is through our bug report system."

Btw logging off normally may fix your issue. I am not sure of you read my post.
    Last edited by Dico; 02-09-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Telaran

I submitted a ticket as I should. I had already submitted a bug report. I needed to know if anything could be done. With a bug report alone you do not hear back so it would have been a guessing game and a hope that "someday" it might be fixed. That they chose not to help, where Brasse did is their choice.

While I knew a GM would not be able to go into the code to see if there was corrupt data, I did not think they would be unable to even pass on information as that GM "decided" per his words.

Go troll elsewhere *laughs*
    Last edited by Daementia; 02-09-2018 at 09:13 AM.

General of Telara

It is not just addons (this is soo the last time I will say that lol) The addon part of the issue is that the addon or Rift is not communicating data properly to change kalert tab when spec is changed. I can save the data elsewhere til the cows come home in case of more erasures, rebuild it all yet again but if it will not change with the spec change, it is kinda useless. (and if it resets on patches again)
    I could be wrong but KAlert doesn't automatically change the set of alerts when you change specs.Maybe I am not understanding this part of your problem but you need to manually load the proper set of KAlerts when you change specs (e.g. /kalert set=1).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast