+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Why I don't subscribe.

Soulwalker

Default Why I don't subscribe.

This feedback is intended for the Rift team.

I had my credit card out and I was ready to subscribe. I read carefully what to expect. No character slots? No bag slots? Why would I subscribe for nearly $100 this year and still be stuck with 2 characters with 2 bags each?

So the subscription boils down to, "Get the same amount of coin, faction, etc while playing less. " um... I don't want to play less, I want to play more! More characters, more trade skills, more souls! I guess that's not what a subscription is for.

Just wanted you to know why I am not a subscriber.

Oh and a tip: I don't know if you get free gems for subscribing, but if you do, advertise it. I'd be paying right now if I knew my subscription would net me the means to unlock character slots or bag slots in the long run.

In any case, it looks like the Prime server will fix a lot of this. I just wish there were a reason to subscribe today.

> No character slots? No bag slots?

Say this was added. What should happen when a patron subscription is ended? In LOTRO, you are forced to lock two characters away.

> I don't know if you get free gems for subscribing

You don't, due to legal complications.

Shadowlander

If the no credits is due to legal issues then if I was Trion I would look into making changes to my legal team. ESO, SWTOR and LOTRO all give credits with sub.

Default Why I dont sub

I could careless about perks you get with a sub.

When i consider paying any MMO money I look at a few things.

Will this sub enable P2W?

Does the game have P2W elements?

Does this game feature many choices in activities that offer roughly the same amount of gold/plat/w.e per hour?

Are these classes balanced?

These are just a few things I ask myself before I start tossing money at a game.

Plane Walker

Why use a credit card when you can buy patron via plat?

If the argument is "I cannot make that much plat". Then you are doing something wrong. I was able to attain roughly 2k plat per week without trying. Literally selling the mats I got from minions. Doing a few raids/experts. If the argument then becomes "I don't pve" then you can still do minions, and pvp still gives plat if you win if you have charges. There's always you know, doing dailies/weeklies, you know questing that still gives some plat. Sure it'll take you longer than a week (couple hours each day), but roughly 1.5 weeks and you can get one -
    three, depending on how well you did, month patron. Now add this up over time and you will get more patron time than the time you spent farming.

Now if the argument is about supporting trion and you cannot find a reason to via patron, then you can ignore what I said above.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Default Suggested Patron

I have an idea. Trion has lately been very big with Adventure Packs. $20 gets you a mount, some IRCS, maybe a fancy Ascended gear that levels with you. Anyway, I think they've been really popular.

What about adding some patron to some of those boxes?
    Or making a patron Adventure Pack?

Anyway, my thought is in addition to other cool stuff throw in 1 month patron which opens an additional character slot (up to a max of 6).

With something like this, we don't have to have locked characters when someone has to go off patron for a month or two because of cash issues or whatever. I know DDO did this too, and you were forced to pick the 2 you wanted to "keep". The others remained but were forever locked until you bought subscription again.

In fact, this buying a sub of any kind might "open a character slot to a max of 6" or something like that.

Just a suggestion. Not sure if it's viable or even good, but I think it is.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    > No character slots? No bag slots?

Say this was added. What should happen when a patron subscription is ended? In LOTRO, you are forced to lock two characters away.

> I don't know if you get free gems for subscribing

You don't, due to legal complications.
    I played Everquest for many, many years. There, I got 500 free daybreak cash every month my subscription was active (which I could also buy for $5.00 if I wished). I'm sure they aren't doing it illegally and I sure enjoyed buying mounts, potions, titles, familiars etc from the store.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Why use a credit card when you can buy patron via plat?

If the argument is "I cannot make that much plat". Then you are doing something wrong. I was able to attain roughly 2k plat per week without trying. Literally selling the mats I got from minions. Doing a few raids/experts. If the argument then becomes "I don't pve" then you can still do minions, and pvp still gives plat if you win if you have charges. There's always you know, doing dailies/weeklies, you know questing that still gives some plat. Sure it'll take you longer than a week (couple hours each day), but roughly 1.5 weeks and you can get one -
    three, depending on how well you did, month patron. Now add this up over time and you will get more patron time than the time you spent farming.

Now if the argument is about supporting trion and you cannot find a reason to via patron, then you can ignore what I said above.
    I'm still only level 35, but I see what you mean. I'll have a lot more options when I finish leveling.
    PS: I've only been playing a week. I just discovered what a minion was 2 days ago. I know what raiding is, but I'm not so sure about "experts." I'm guessing the dailies/weeklies you are referring to are above my level. Feel free to PM me if there are things I should be doing today.

check the auction house... check buy orders.. see what people are looking for and if you can get those items.

check auction house to see what the items you can get are sold for. Sell those items.

artifacts... basically, white artifacts will sell for 25 gold, green artifacts for 40 gold, blue for 80 gold, purple for 2p50 and orange for 7p fast. And those are minimum prices. So go farm artifacts.
    Last edited by Aranka; 01-25-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Rift Master

This is not a complaint or a knock at Trion.

I don't understand how it's legal to sell gamble boxes but not legal to give credits to people who pay for patron. Someone wanna explain that one?
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Quote Originally Posted by LoxslayRift View Post
    I'm still only level 35, but I see what you mean. I'll have a lot more options when I finish leveling.
    PS: I've only been playing a week. I just discovered what a minion was 2 days ago. I know what raiding is, but I'm not so sure about "experts." I'm guessing the dailies/weeklies you are referring to are above my level. Feel free to PM me if there are things I should be doing today.
    Some of the crafting stuff you get at your current level sells better than max level stuff. I think paying anything, like 5 bucks or whatever, unlocks the AH. The AH system is pretty good especially considering the garbage in other games. My cleric alt was over 300p before lvl 50 by selling stuff, but you still have a bit of a grind at end game to start saving your plat for patron unless you sacrifice some other things, like frags and a decent mount.
    Last edited by Poshy; 01-25-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    check the auction house... check buy orders.. see what people are looking for and if you can get those items.

check auction house to see what the items you can get are sold for. Sell those items.

artifacts... basically, white artifacts will sell for 25 gold, green artifacts for 40 gold, blue for 80 gold, purple for 2p50 and orange for 7p fast. And those are minimum prices. So go farm artifacts.
    urm yeah.. can i have all your 2p50 purple artifacts please?

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    urm yeah.. can i have all your 2p50 purple artifacts please?
    No, my bank filled with PvP arts I keep for pride

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    This is not a complaint or a knock at Trion.

I don't understand how it's legal to sell gamble boxes but not legal to give credits to people who pay for patron. Someone wanna explain that one?
    Sounds like a need to change their tos or bs. SWTOR gives credits. ESO gives crowns. Only rift has to have some special circumstance. Players need to explore the very nice features some mmos give to their subs to show appreciation and keep them coming. n some campaigns, SWTOR gives mounts to their subs as well. ESO provides crafting bonuses. Oh not in this place. Rift's features are pretty frail just like the game and ceo + dev team.
    Last edited by ohsocurioussss; 01-26-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muuks View Post
    If the no credits is due to legal issues then if I was Trion I would look into making changes to my legal team. ESO, SWTOR and LOTRO all give credits with sub.
    Trion got around this a bit by giving Affinity Marks 5 per log in and 1 per hours 3 max. Only they need to do is add more rewards like char. slot and bags and more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast