+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
Like Tree37Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Patch Notes

  1. #31
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sokk View Post
    While the check box to track the progress is welcome, I honestly didn't see it until I read a later reply that mentioned it...I was looking for changes to the actual requirements for upgrading - to allow for catch-up by newer players (or perhaps my poor alts to get them as I haven't been bothered with this latest round); and when I didn't see any noticeable difference I was confused!
    Lol, was that the difference? A checkbox to track progress? Great but..... I was hoping for something that would reduce the godawful grinds for new people / alts / late adopters. At this point in the game, do you really need to slow those people down? I get that when it was new and shiny you didn't want the top 1% racing through it in a day & then go "now what"? But all of those people are done. Make it easier for Joe Shmoe.

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #32
    Rift Team RoughRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Lol, was that the difference? A checkbox to track progress? Great but..... I was hoping for something that would reduce the godawful grinds for new people / alts / late adopters.
    It was said there was something else coming with it.

  3. #33
    Rift Chaser SonoMoenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    338

    Default SIGH

    Hey Holy Roller. You are correct. You said "listen". It is a fine art to know if someone is listening to you. Most folks (especially on the internet) can't tell if people are actually listening. They are just too busy stating and restating their points. I agree 100%. Trion is listening. Perhaps they take away something different from our comments. Perhaps they work on the issue. Perhaps they can't address what we whine about for whatever reason. But they listen.

    One big BIG comment we hear a lot though - they don't communicate. Well, in THIS VERY THREAD, RoughRaptors and Tacitus tried to chime in with a "Hey, I don't have gobs of time, but we are listening, and here's a little tidbit, I don't have time to explain it all but yeah, we're here and we're listening".

    And what do we do? We read the worst into what they say. We misquote 'em. We get snarky.

    If you feel it's too little, too late. That's OK. Just say that, move on. If you have constructive input on the tidbits or reasonable questions - let's have fun, forward discussions that they can watch (and/or add to).

    Every time I look for a positive glimmer in feedback or input from our community - well, to be honest - I have to just log out of the forums. I don't work for Trion, so I can do that. But RR, Tactius, Brasse, etc.. they do. They can't just ignore us.

    Can't we at least TRY not to take everything they say and twist it into some horrific situation where our only conclusion is that they are either deliberately screwing us over or too stupid to know what they are doing?

  4. #34
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    313

    Default Thanks for responding Tacitus and Roughraptors- just need some soothing....

    The things this community has been pounding home are valid. It is wonderful we have 2 devs responding to this thread and are actively making an effort to assist. Thank you. The community has been hungry and thirsty for some kind of sign fixes and new content on existing (not Prime) servers are being undertaken. Excuse my raised eyebrow- but for many of us- especially guild leaders bleeding players- it may be too little too late. I wish I could be all pollyanna but I can't. I have a guild being held together with chewing gum and paper clips and there is little to draw anyone back to the game with. Maybe I should say *yet*. But in over a year since the SFP/COA was rolled out I have a handful of guild members left, and I ended up forming a guild in another game to salvage my gameplaying friends and to avoid the eternal grind. I absolutely love having devs visit us in the forums and respond to us. But I have to see a lot more before I get any good feels.

  5. #35
    Plane Touched Rifleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    Perhaps they can't address what we whine about for whatever reason.
    Then they need to tell us that and why they cant, not leave us in the dark about it.

  6. #36
    Rift Chaser SonoMoenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Then they need to tell us that and why they cant, not leave us in the dark about it.
    Yup. I agree with you 100% too, Rifleman. We need more communication overall and with better answers. But in just the last 6 mouths, we've gone from complete platitudes like "We're working on stuff to make RIFT better" to a few "We're working on stuff like Planar Fragments" to "Planar Fragments is on hold, but we're working on a resolution to the fact that it's practically impossible to get the necklace to reach 2400 hit. Soon (trademark)" to "I can't promise this will be the best answer, but here's a screenshot of some stuff that's working towards fixing the Eternal Weapon Grind".

    We all want more, we all want more accurate info, we all want better answers. And for many of us, it may be too late to extend any "benefit of the doubt" or "patience". But if that's the case, I just wish that those already burned did not bring their smoldering fire back to obliterate the sapling of communication that has started.

    Oh, the analogies! I promise to stop posting for a while now.
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 01-25-2018 at 02:20 PM.

  7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #37
    Rift Team RoughRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Then they need to tell us that and why they cant, not leave us in the dark about it.
    Once we remotely mention a topic of something that we are working on, it's usually taken as "this is guaranteed to be done". We have to be pretty careful saying what we are working on because things change, plans change, and you never know what may or may not come up in priority that bumps down what you are working on.

  8. #38
    Plane Touched Rifleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Once we remotely mention a topic of something that we are working on, it's usually taken as "this is guaranteed to be done". We have to be pretty careful saying what we are working on because things change, plans change, and you never know what may or may not come up in priority that bumps down what you are working on.
    But why hasnt any real balance been done with the meta specs? This is all I need to know, yes need.. it is not a want.. I need it bb

  9. #39
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    One big BIG comment we hear a lot though - they don't communicate. Well, in THIS VERY THREAD, RoughRaptors and Tacitus tried to chime in with a "Hey, I don't have gobs of time, but we are listening, and here's a little tidbit, I don't have time to explain it all but yeah, we're here and we're listening".
    You know, the community has been begging for information for months now, and just recently there has been a new development letter. So if there is anything interesting in the pipeline it should have been in that letter, not in some tidbits and screenshots that a dev posts - just a week after said letter.

    So yes, obviously there is a huge problem with communication here.

  10. #40
    Plane Touched Rifleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Once we remotely mention a topic of something that we are working on, it's usually taken as "this is guaranteed to be done". We have to be pretty careful saying what we are working on because things change, plans change, and you never know what may or may not come up in priority that bumps down what you are working on.
    It's ok RR because I know exactly why you have not commented back on what i asked you.

    This is the very reason we, as a community, say that there is no communication.

    I can answer it for you tho RR.

    BELOW IS NOT A RESPONSE OR WHAT TRION HAS SAID

    "The reason there has not been any class balance is because we, at Trion, feel our time is better infested in other areas of the game. Areas that have shown to make us money. We wont risk and or gamble the time infested into class balance, that may hurt our revenue. We can generate the same, if not more, revenue the way we have been."

    ABOVE IS NOT A RESPONSE OR WHAT TRION HAS SAID

  11. #41
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    Hey Holy Roller. You are correct. You said "listen". It is a fine art to know if someone is listening to you. Most folks (especially on the internet) can't tell if people are actually listening. They are just too busy stating and restating their points. I agree 100%. Trion is listening. Perhaps they take away something different from our comments. Perhaps they work on the issue. Perhaps they can't address what we whine about for whatever reason. But they listen.

    One big BIG comment we hear a lot though - they don't communicate. Well, in THIS VERY THREAD, RoughRaptors and Tacitus tried to chime in with a "Hey, I don't have gobs of time, but we are listening, and here's a little tidbit, I don't have time to explain it all but yeah, we're here and we're listening".

    And what do we do? We read the worst into what they say. We misquote 'em. We get snarky.

    If you feel it's too little, too late. That's OK. Just say that, move on. If you have constructive input on the tidbits or reasonable questions - let's have fun, forward discussions that they can watch (and/or add to).

    Every time I look for a positive glimmer in feedback or input from our community - well, to be honest - I have to just log out of the forums. I don't work for Trion, so I can do that. But RR, Tactius, Brasse, etc.. they do. They can't just ignore us.

    Can't we at least TRY not to take everything they say and twist it into some horrific situation where our only conclusion is that they are either deliberately screwing us over or too stupid to know what they are doing?
    While we have had a few responses from RoughRaptors and Tacitus, it's been good to know that they are seeing the constructive posts along the way. They are intelligent people that can weed through the typical snark etc. that is on any forum.

    There are some good peeps here that are trying to get the message out that we need sorely to see a change in direction that would end the "Active Player Crisis" once and for all. I for one would love to see a few of the dormant shards returned to active duty, as would many here.

    To RoughRaptors and Tacitus, thanks for popping in and giving us a little input.

    Brasse, how about getting some participation from a few of the other devs to give us some insight on all things Rift? Including a shout out from Hartsman, himself...
    Banned

  12. #42
    Plane Touched Cenderze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Live has not been abandoned.

    https://imgur.com/a/W1Cbu

    Can you spot the difference! :-O

    Note: Hoping this goes out next week, but as usual, no guarantees or promises can be made due to possible unforeseen bugs/circumstances/fires
    I cant spot the difference. Halp anyone?!

    What is that second icon for? The one under Earth Rifts?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

    (4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

  13. #43
    RIFT Guide Writer Maltie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    I cant spot the difference. Halp anyone?!

    What is that second icon for? The one under Earth Rifts?
    There is a "Track Progress" box at the top
    Nixia@Greybriar]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

  14. #44
    Champion of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    I will say this once here and won't repeat it again. Prime is not we want for RIFT, this goes for both currently playing and players who used to play but wanting classic experience back. Prime with current soul tree etc is basically 4.0 with gated content hoping nothing else. So who is taking this decisions please start to play your game and interact with your players just don't make stuff for more money grabbing.
    Last edited by aileen; 01-26-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  15. #45
    Plane Touched Cenderze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    There is a "Track Progress" box at the top
    Oh.. I assumed it would be some kind of catch-up such as reducing the amount of intel needed to upgrade or something.. Oh well
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

    (4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts