+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Patch Notes

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Morykyra View Post
    Sigh. So many things needing fixes and then ... this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    yep.

So many problems and nothing is done about them for another week.

Pretty disheartening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    We had 99 problems
    But elementalist's weathered wasn't one
    Hit me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    IIRC Dead Simon said on stream that we shouldn't expect much changes on Live until they launch Prime. All dev power in being put into Prime.
    The main game is hanging by a thread so let's not try and save it and just go over here and work on something no-one really wants. Good times. Such a nice reward for the 7 years of loyalty to this company.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Live has not been abandoned.

https://imgur.com/a/W1Cbu

Can you spot the difference! :-O

Note: Hoping this goes out next week, but as usual, no guarantees or promises can be made due to possible unforeseen bugs/circumstances/fires
    RIP NA and EU shards as fixes go without focus

Prime is now their only concern

and While I commend the track progress option the fact that there is still simply too much work for us to do in light of how many have finished the process and are no longer grinding this out, so this is like slapping us in the face and calling it a kiss

I can only assume that is now what we can expect for Live, just a bunch of sugar coated changes that do nothing for us
    Last edited by Challengere; 01-24-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Prophet of Telara

One possibility to integrate the community more would be to let the classes vote on which bugs bother them the most. I tried this already in the mage forum but unfortunately there were only three participants. Surprisingly, the bug with the most votes was fixed with the last patch.

I for one am grateful that little SOB moth got patched, messing up my daily & making me grumble at him all the time.

What does meaningful mean? Be concrete

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Well.. we can make a list.

You know what.. I dont think we can do better than Trion because after sitting here for 5 minutes I can only think of legit fixes.

What about you?
    I think I'll sit my *** down and start working on the soul system and get it all scaled to current.
    You take care of some of the bugs and we'll team up on the more difficult issues...

Note: Hoping this goes out next week, but as usual, no guarantees or promises can be made due to possible unforeseen bugs/circumstances/fires
    Thankya RoughRaptors! Much appreciated when ya pop in...
    Banned

Rift Master

I'm glad this post exists, I saw the patch notes and felt entirely underwhelmed. I knew I could count on the community to agree with that sentiment.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    What does meaningful mean? Be concrete
    I assume this was aimed at me so I will run with it and if not well I just went off on one.

Meaningful content is essentially addressing the concerns of the vast majority of the player base. This means as a lot of us have pointed out many times in other threads:
    • Any kind of balancing for souls. Start small and see how it goes
    • Any kind of catch up mechanics for eternals and crafted items
    • Any updates on the fragment system
    • Any adjustments to the intel grind
    • Any changes to the multiple dead currencies in the game such as the world and T1 currencies
    • Any guild updates
    • Any PA updates
    • Any PVP system updates or even just some new items

Anything that is not just small bug fixes or store items. Anything that specifically addresses the serious issues Rift has. As a side note there are actually some severe bugs in the game for several months that I am just amazed still exist. Clerics can shoot through walls with inifinte range last time I checked - A cleric in our 5 man group could hit the last boss in gyel fortress from the elevator...

Exclamation

I assume this was aimed at me so I will run with it and if not well I just went off on one.

Meaningful content is essentially addressing the concerns of the vast majority of the player base. This means as a lot of us have pointed out many times in other threads:
    • Any kind of balancing for souls. Start small and see how it goes
    • Any kind of catch up mechanics for eternals and crafted items
    • Any updates on the fragment system
    • Any adjustments to the intel grind
    • Any changes to the multiple dead currencies in the game such as the world and T1 currencies
    • Any guild updates
    • Any PA updates
    • Any PVP system updates or even just some new items

Anything that is not just small bug fixes or store items. Anything that specifically addresses the serious issues Rift has. As a side note there are actually some severe bugs in the game for several months that I am just amazed still exist. Clerics can shoot through walls with inifinte range last time I checked - A cleric in our 5 man group could hit the last boss in gyel fortress from the elevator...
    kind of balancing for souls is the best to start with, dont need to be perfect just better than it is, let Rvrs have their big AE DPS back, make MMs heavy on AE rngd, but lets get some big single target DPS for Mages and Primallists to compliment the compitent Chantion Players out there

I for one am a Warrior who cant break 600k with Chantion so not asking for my sake

kind of catch up mechanics for eternals and crafted items as in less busy work and plat grinds to get it upgraded so more players will be Intrepid GSB ready before it becomes obsolete

updates on the fragment system because you know everyone is aiming at 1 primary stat base of frags and the rest are just RNG insults to break for cores, the RNG is the number one thing killing this game, giving us choice is more important to the resurrection of Rift than Prime Server is believe me

adjustments to the intel grind that currently needs over 300k intel to max out everything we need from it and 50intel here or there means a lot of grinding which is what the Prime Server is supposedly getting away from anyway, why not just give us that convenience here on live, players would come back easily if not for the grind

changes to the multiple dead currencies in the game such as the world and T1 currencies:
    Referral Coins (just need up to date content to invigorate the ascend a friend)
    Void Stone (give us some unavailable Dim items to spend more of it on)
    Abyssal Crusader's Marks
    Fragments of Darkness
    Fragments of the Ward
    Frozen Eclipse Stone
    Fragments of Madness
    5th Anniversary Ticket
    Auroral Doubloon
    Magnetic Containment Bottle
    Bird Seed
    Sparkle Essences
    Temporal Gear

guild updates as in UI features, more of them, more vaults, more guild perks, buffed up perks to match content in viability since the combat banners are a waste now a days

PA updates that you didnt even add to in SFP

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24

I was just posting to show that things are still being done and this will hopefully be a good QoL change. It just so happens that of everything you listed, I don't have any part of as it's not my area/department, sorry.

Question

I was just posting to show that things are still being done and this will hopefully be a good QoL change. It just so happens that of everything you listed, I don't have any part of as it's not my area/department, sorry.
    being you are the only dev besides Brasse who has responded to these threads about Prime and its affect on us, could you please take our concerns to the people who do control those things?

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

[*]Any kind of catch up mechanics for eternals and crafted items
    RR's posted screen cap is a small but critical component in the work doing just this thing on your list...

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    RR's posted screen cap is a small but critical component in the work doing just this thing on your list...
    Any idea when Eternal gear is getting its needed extra upgrade path? I know Vladd mentioned last year on stream but i'm just wondering about an ETA? Kinda sad having eternal armor that doesn't even come close to current gear

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    PA updates that you didnt even add to in SFP
    iirc Vladd wants to do away with new PA levels?
    Last edited by Maltie; 01-24-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    I think I'll sit my *** down and start working on the soul system and get it all scaled to current.
    You take care of some of the bugs and we'll team up on the more difficult issues....
    The only thing difficult would be reading the code of previous people and trying to figure out what they were doing.

RR could fix it all but they would need to pay him 100k

Just pay RR 100k Trion and let him fix it -- He might not want to do it but when 100k is in his face.. I'm sure he would.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Dude, at this point we need solid information about addressing the deep hole we are in. If you are working on changing the eternal and crafting grinds to be more suitable for how far we are into the exspanion then brilliant but let us know immediatly.

I think this might be because the Dev team seems fairly unawares about just how bad things are right now. We have the game Director on a live stream stating that it's easy for new players to jump into Rift for example. This tells me that there is a large disconnect and perhaps a lack of self awareness from Trion's part of what is actually going on. When I asked a while ago when we are getting any new dungeon content I will always remember the Look on Simon's face like "Dungeons?" like that was not anything that was ever discussed, you know, in this PVE focused game.

Perhaps whatever you are doing might be good for the game but we have no idea because you never tell us anything. When we are screaming for big issues to be addressed, seeing friends leaving the game in droves and then we get a screenshot of a checkbox it tends to get on the wrong side of people.

I didn't mean to get arsey with RR and I hope he is ok, but you have to understand that Rift is in serious trouble and with the Rift Prime announcement it feels like things will only get worse.
    Last edited by Balidin; 01-25-2018 at 04:45 AM.

Shadowlander

While the check box to track the progress is welcome, I honestly didn't see it until I read a later reply that mentioned it...I was looking for changes to the actual requirements for upgrading - to allow for catch-up by newer players (or perhaps my poor alts to get them as I haven't been bothered with this latest round); and when I didn't see any noticeable difference I was confused!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast