+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Orin the Orion
  • 1 Post By Xorte
  • 1 Post By Mordrahan
  • 1 Post By Otwist

Thread: Vostigar Peaks

Default Vostigar Peaks

To the developer who decided putting this many mobs in the way of the Main story quest line.

Were you Trying to annoy me or just do it naturally?

I'm new to Rift, been playing for about 5 weeks now, and I'm finding the trash mob density in Vostigar Peaks to be quite horrendous.

Oh, and the pic is where the quest leads me to kill Zqayguar, and you have to clear out the mobs to kill him as they kill him so you don't get credit for the kill.

Takes a deep breath. Okay, sorry about the rantyness of this post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vostigar Peaks-deathby2manymobs.jpg  
    Their is to much Blood in my Caffeine System!

Sure, but VP is meant to be more difficult than the other areas.

Generic advice: improve your tactics/spec/gear or bring a friend

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Sure, but VP is meant to be more difficult than the other areas.

Generic advice: improve your tactics/spec/gear or bring a friend
    I'll correct you : VP is meant to be group content (and you have to do some story quests solo but this is another problem...).
    This is a new thing in the game. Nowhere before you had an elite zone where playing solo is purposely impossible or very difficult to do.
    Having more difficult zones is ok, we had it in Ember Isle, but RIFT's open content always was balanced to be soloable. Now you can solo it if you are raid geared/play an OP class, but for new 70 toons or many solo players this zone is a nightmare.

So yes, if you are a solo player without endgame gear and/or not playing the OP specs, you will have a hard time there. I hope TRION will learn and not go on this way for future zones.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ŗ la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Soulwalker

Yes it's really annoying, the dailies are even more annoying.

I find it helps if you make a "Vostigar soloing spec" which includes crowd control and escape abilities: in-combat stealths, feign deaths, transmogrifys, sleep, etc.. along with heal spells to quickly refill your hp after the mobs stop chasing you.

Yea this Zone is pretty punishing. If youíre questing in this zone pre-70, youíre gonna have a hard time if youíre doing it solo. That boss that OP mentioned is just one of many hurdles. Heís surrounded by trash that gets quick aggro on you, and even on a healing spec itís tough.
    (What I did was sneak to the outter back area to clear the trash, and pull out an lone trash NPCs and down them one or two at a time before fighting the boss)
    And then thereís the quest where you have to fight 3 bosses in a building. Even with 2 or 3 pre-70 players in a group, itís gonna be a challenge and probably the best way to get around these quests is to bring a level 70, guildmate or friend along.

Now for the Dailies on the other hand which I believe you get after completing the VP zone story line, those youíre def wanna be geared or again bring someone along to help you out. I myself havenít been bothered with the dailies because of their tediousness.

sidekick is an option if you are not level 70.

Keep in mind, the zone is intended for level 70 and those gearing up for group content.

I ran the stuff solo with my 2k gear.. it can be done, Took me 3 or 4 attempts to finish this fight, several attempts for another fight..

just don't jump into it, find your strategy in killing them 1 or 2 at a time before hitting the big guy. Get some healing pots, use your ascended powers from PA, get some buffs on.. It all helps.. weaponstones, movement soles, wild overgrowth (PA), confluences, curry feast.

And try to enjoy the challenge.

GL

Encountered this the other day & had a few log out deep breath moments.
    But if you clear a few of the mobs you can see Zqayguar through the pillars slapping another mob about, when I targeted just him rather then trying to clear he came at me & met his demise, whereas there are certain mobs you hit that aggro 4-5 others as well.

The dailies are a different thing altogether & ive shelved them for now

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBoom View Post

The dailies are a different thing altogether & ive shelved them for now
    Same here.
    Dailies are exactly the kind of content you do on your own when you have time for it.
    Having to group to do them just makes me not to do them at all.
    When I want to group /have friends ready, I do dungeons, raids, rifts. Not dailies.
    I have not been in VP for 4 weeks now. And I don't miss it.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 01-13-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ŗ la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Default ahh

Ahh, I see. Ya I'm a level 69 running a dps solo spec my guild showed me. Guess I'll just go back to the Badlands where I skipped some quests, and look around for Carnage Quests too, until I level up to 70 before trying this one again.
    Their is to much Blood in my Caffeine System!

Quote Originally Posted by Orin the Orion View Post
    Ahh, I see. Ya I'm a level 69 running a dps solo spec my guild showed me. Guess I'll just go back to the Badlands where I skipped some quests, and look around for Carnage Quests too, until I level up to 70 before trying this one again.
    Going in VP before 70 is hard.
    If you are patron, you should be able to up 70 doing quests/carnage/dailies in the four celestial zones. Without patron I guess this is harder to do, but don't forget celestial dailies, they are a good xp and pp gain.
    For survival, it is easier for some classes. Try a spec with self-heals or tank. Use the PA power on your weapon that heals you when you damage a mob.

get a guildie to sidekick you to 70 and run the quests..

usually a fresh 70 does not have the gear/stats you get from sidekicking..
    so sidekicking can make things easier

Shadowlander

It gets easier as your gear gets better obviously, but typically not until youve finished the VP quest line and are onto Dailies (which are horrendously boring by the way).
    I found Xarth to be the really annoying zone, badly designed, boring questline, annoying mobs...

+ Reply to Thread