+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Share your thoughts

Shadowlander

Default Share your thoughts

I recently had some issues with the cash shop over charging me. Thank you Brassie for correcting that issue. I have played Rift for many years on and off. the same problems seem to remain. namely lag, broken class talents and class balance issues. over all the game is still very enjoyable.
    would like to see more time spent on game optimization and development. I have a gaming PC with cable DSL and the zone events in VP on zone boss fights will bog my computer down to 5 fps i couldn't imagine some one with an older PC being able to do these events. I am running any other time at 35-40 fps. any other game i play runs at a minimum of 80-130 fps. Zone events are unique to Rift so that i feel has a lot to do with it. tuning down AOE graphics may be an option.
    Every class seems to have a "flavor of the month" to them with every change that has ever been made. This has made choosing what soul to play a either viable or non viable spec to play. I always loved the variety that Rift had to offer. you can basically tank, DPS , heal or support with every class. are they all viable. short answer is no. due to changes in how various souls work. for instance Warchanter is in a good place at the moment. I have seen them out DPS and out heal in the same group. should this happen, no just a case in point.
    Over all the game is enjoyable for every style of play. the only draw back i have is Wicket ( minion) i am currently work on that part of the weapon quest line. why does it have far less stam than any other minon at it's level? shrugs.

Shadowlander

forgot to mention one other thing, Fragments have basically replaced rune-crafting. the only thing rune-crafting is good for now is weapon enchant. the hoop jumping continues

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by yargory View Post
    I have a gaming PC with cable DSL and the zone events in VP on zone boss fights will bog my computer down to 5 fps
    This could be your problem I would suggest getting either cable or DSL Internet.

JK

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    This could be your problem I would suggest getting either cable or DSL Internet.

JK
    But don't expect that faster internet significantly improve ZE - it still will be laggy and low fps.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread