+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: State Of Rift Part II

Thumbs down State Of Rift Part II

I made another video as a returning player after being unhappy with rifts performance in zone events.

https://mega.nz/#!EXhgBIJS!BGnz92meF...mEdhAQGUiQ8RQw

mirror:
    https://ufile.io/u45m2

There's a few things I'd like to point out.
    1. The Computer Is Adequate.RIFT is not utilizing all of available resources.
    2. 8 Core 3.6ghz Fx-8150,16gb ram,8gb GTX 1070
    3. Internet connection isn't great but that's why I have 2. 5mbit and 40mbit.
    4. We're pinging 250-280 normal from australia.
    5. At no point does the network usage spike above 0.1 Mbit
    6. All graphics options are turned down low.Apart from low renderer.
    7. 62 people at Zone Event. It's worse with 158 like it was.(IC).
    8. At no point does the CPU or GPU spike.SSD also.What does spike is the latency and dropped packets Trion's end!
    9. This latency goes from 250-280ms > 1500ms and back while the Boss is active.
    10. Abilities are highly delayed in this situation,to the point of not even getting a cast or instant off unless you mash the keys,even without a macro.macro's are worse obviously.
    Last edited by Udoing; 12-29-2017 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Changed Mega URL to ensure accessible.Added alternate download source.
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Udoing View Post
    I made another video as a returning player after being unhappy with rifts performance in zone events.

https://mega.nz/fm/UHA2WKDS

There's a few things I'd like to point out.
    1. The Computer Is Adequate.RIFT is not utilizing all of available resources.
    2. 8 Core 3.6ghz Fx-8150,16gb ram,8gb GTX 1070
    3. Internet connection isn't great but that's why I have 2. 5mbit and 40mbit.
    4. We're pinging 250-280 normal from australia.
    5. At no point does the network usage spike above 0.1 Mbit
    6. All graphics options are turned down low.Apart from low renderer.
    7. 62 people at Zone Event. It's worse with 158 like it was.(IC).
    8. At no point does the CPU or GPU spike.SSD also.What does spike is the latency and dropped packets Trion's end!
    9. This latency goes from 250-280ms > 1500ms and back while the Boss is active.
    10. Abilities are highly delayed in this situation,to the point of not even getting a cast or instant off unless you mash the keys,even without a macro.macro's are worse obviously.
    Be glad that you missed fortress siege - in some cases you could use abilities only once or twice per minute
    Current VP lag is much smaller - and in a big picture ZE lag is a very small issue, rift have much bigger ones.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

and that's all you have to add? be glad? lol.

Isp
    Shield of Telara

and that's all you have to add? be glad? lol.
    Yes, rift have many game breaking issues, this particular issue is very small.
    Last edited by Isp; 12-29-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

This is not one issue,but many. Did you even watch the video? This is more about the fact every person gets told its their computer or hardware at fault,get a better this,get a better that.

There's bigger issues than your face too ya know!

Fia

This is not one issue,but many. Did you even watch the video? This is more about the fact every person gets told its their computer or hardware at fault,get a better this,get a better that.

There's bigger issues than your face too ya know!
    Who is telling that to whom?
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Plane Touched

Rift is unoptimized for many reasons. It's still not fully 64 bit, and the game engine is obsolete. Then Rift uses more CPU than GPU, so if you're CPU is crappy you won't see much of an improvement even if your GPU is high end. Your GPU is good, your CPU seems to be lacking from what I read up on it online. (I'm on a laptop from 2013, my gpu is okay, my cpu sucks, I have raided with 0-10 fps while in a pull. Currently, I sit at 20-30 fps during pulls, so I can understand your frustration) I hardly ever go to zone events anymore because I sit at 0 fps and it's horrible. I can't really do dev events either because it's so horrible to play at 0 fps.

There isn't that much they can do to mitigate this issue unless they overhaul the entire game and use a newer game engine and fully utilize 64 bit, which again I believe would require a better game engine. I bet there are a few things they can do to help but they don't have the resources for that. (Funds or manpower)

However, there are a few things you can do to run the game a bit better. What I did was go into nvidia control panel and tweaked the game settings of rift. So I made sure my GPU would run rift with performance as the highest priority as opposed to quality. As well as some other tweaks. Another tweak that helped me was running Rift at a higher priority on windows, that gave me a boost by 10-20 fps while in raid.

With that being said, this issue still falls behind issues like class balancing and abilities not working correctly. Or other exploits. This issue is long-term which Trion doesn't seem to have a future for if this continues.

At the end of the day, it's all about priority. This is not really high on Trions priority list. So we just have to deal with it the best we can and hope they can address this and many other issues.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

just about every thread that would raise concerns with Trion's servers,or fps/ability issues,instantly it's blamed on 'bad hardware or sub-optimal hardware'.

Respect to actually having looked at what I'm addressing.

Whilst you would say the CPU is lacking,in the video it's clearly not even breaking a sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Rift is unoptimized for many reasons. It's still not fully 64 bit, and the game engine is obsolete. Then Rift uses more CPU than GPU, so if you're CPU is crappy you won't see much of an improvement even if your GPU is high end. Your GPU is good, your CPU seems to be lacking from what I read up on it online. (I'm on a laptop from 2013, my gpu is okay, my cpu sucks, I have raided with 0-10 fps while in a pull. Currently, I sit at 20-30 fps during pulls, so I can understand your frustration) I hardly ever go to zone events anymore because I sit at 0 fps and it's horrible. I can't really do dev events either because it's so horrible to play at 0 fps.

There isn't that much they can do to mitigate this issue unless they overhaul the entire game and use a newer game engine and fully utilize 64 bit, which again I believe would require a better game engine. I bet there are a few things they can do to help but they don't have the resources for that. (Funds or manpower)

However, there are a few things you can do to run the game a bit better. What I did was go into nvidia control panel and tweaked the game settings of rift. So I made sure my GPU would run rift with performance as the highest priority as opposed to quality. As well as some other tweaks. Another tweak that helped me was running Rift at a higher priority on windows, that gave me a boost by 10-20 fps while in raid.

With that being said, this issue still falls behind issues like class balancing and abilities not working correctly. Or other exploits. This issue is long-term which Trion doesn't seem to have a future for if this continues.

At the end of the day, it's all about priority. This is not really high on Trions priority list. So we just have to deal with it the best we can and hope they can address this and many other issues.

as for optimizing the GPU/CPU,all steps have been taken,now,if you where to say,RIFT has been more optimized towards Intel,that i'd agree.

Plane Touched

Respect to actually having looked at what I'm addressing.

Whilst you would say the CPU is lacking,in the video it's clearly not even breaking a sweat.
    Sorry, I wasn't able to watch the video, it did not work for me. I said lacking based on what I read online. Seems like I was wrong with your CPU, however, it's still not your fault. You can do many things to get better performance but still won't be that great. This is on Trion's end and it'll be a while before they can fix it if the game lasts that long.

Good luck.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

The video is about a gig,so i can forgive people for not watching it,it does however have a statistics overlay that is very telling of the issues i'm talking about and have long been swept under the rug.

I would like to see the game survive,I was around for birthday cake,I came back to play with the housemate,shame to see it's this bad.

The video is about a gig,so i can forgive people for not watching it,it does however have a statistics overlay that is very telling of the issues i'm talking about and have long been swept under the rug.

I would like to see the game survive,I was around for birthday cake,I came back to play with the housemate,shame to see it's this bad.
    Don't worry, RIFT wont fall because of these small issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    (I'm on a laptop from 2013, my gpu is okay, my cpu sucks, I have raided with 0-10 fps while in a pull. Currently, I sit at 20-30 fps during pulls, so I can understand your frustration) I hardly ever go to zone events anymore because I sit at 0 fps and it's horrible. I can't really do dev events either because it's so horrible to play at 0 fps.
    Keep playing it down as a small issue,but the longer it's left the worse it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Who is telling that to whom?
    Maybe you could do a zone event video with your pc,seems to do pretty sweet fps at 4K (watching your youtube vids).

also,if you don't mind,what PC specs are you running?

something also,do it on the NA servers?

cheers.
    Last edited by Udoing; 12-29-2017 at 01:37 PM. Reason: NA servers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast