+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 91 to 104 of 104
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: State Of Rift Part II

  1. #91
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Since 4th gens are useless for this game please guess specs I used on this, If wanted I can capture video too.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  2. #92
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Since 4th gens are useless for this game please guess specs I used on this, If wanted I can capture video too.
    No idea. But the 83C have me kinda worried. Also I wouldn't say 4th gen processors are useless for this game, they just don't perform as well as the newer gen ones do. Furthermore, there are exceptions to the "rule". I know a few ppl that have 3rd gen processors and the game runs super smooth. It's really weird and so far no one could really pinpoint the problem.

    Yes, video would be cool please. :DDD
    Last edited by Fia; 01-02-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  3. #93
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    No idea. But the 83C have me kinda worried. Also I wouldn't say 4th gen processors are useless, they just don't perform as well as the newer gen ones.
    Well 83C is nothing to be worried when my home is set to 30C (having kids thug life) and I have heavy tasks on background like VM is running local gameserver for testing some game we develop in my country etc and that cpu is overclocked, thats also one of the reasons.

    You pratically called it useless for this game on your previous reply, yes getting some new gen could help overall performances in general, for a game like RIFT which is uses ancient engine any i7 could do their job, specs there

    General problem with VP is, it's first zone ever released after Zorba's (main rendering engineer) left from Trion, he maybe worked on early versions of zone but its clearly pointing that Trion failed to fill his shoes, also I noticed that you took video with 0 addons, thats why I disabled addons on that test and results mostly around same with addons but ofcourse I do not use supersampling etc normally.

    Addons is one of the reason people getting fps drop rates on that zone events specially ones that track every buff/debuff applied etc, due to most addons coded without using any coroutines to provide some multithreaded job handling, they still pushing main addon thread also heavily.

    I also would like to recommend enabling physx option to any nvidia user who lately get driver updates, apperantly even if game is not using physx at all if option left as auto somehow nvidia drivers borking games performance.

    Specs was basically: Asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard, i7 3770k oc'd at 4.5ghz with 16gigs of ram and 2x GTX570, since Rift is not using SLI it's just allocated memory but didn't use #2 gpu at all.

    In raids etc I get 45 to 55 fps with above setting I described to use.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  4. #94
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    You pratically called it useless for this game on your previous reply, yes getting some new gen could help overall performances in general, for a game like RIFT which is uses ancient engine any i7 could do their job, specs there.
    No, I didn't call old gen CPUs useless. Getting a new gen, however, from what I have seen myself and also heard from other people, solves the performance problem for Rift.

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    I noticed that you took video with 0 addons, thats why I disabled addons on that test and results mostly around same with addons but ofcourse I do not use supersampling etc normally.

    Addons is one of the reason people getting fps drop rates on that zone events specially ones that track every buff/debuff applied etc, due to most addons coded without using any coroutines to provide some multithreaded job handling, they still pushing main addon thread also heavily.
    Yes, that is true, which is why I pointed out beforehand, that I'd be using no Addons for the fps test. Addons, overall, take around 10fps of performance, but in large scale fights, having them turned on or off, makes maybe only a 5fps difference, at least from my own testing with my old rig (which was an i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz).

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    I also would like to recommend enabling physx option to any nvidia user who lately get driver updates, apperantly even if game is not using physx at all if option left as auto somehow nvidia drivers borking games performance.
    Ok, that's the first time I'm hearing about this. Thanks, I'll try that. :DDD

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Specs was basically: Asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard, i7 3770k oc'd at 4.5ghz with 16gigs of ram and 2x GTX570, since Rift is not using SLI it's just allocated memory but didn't use #2 gpu at all.

    In raids etc I get 45 to 55 fps with above setting I described to use.
    In 10man or 20man raids? On my old rig (basically the same hardware that you are using here), I was barely able to get 20fps in 20man raids, and that is on low settings, however with addons enabled.

    As I said, sometimes the old gen CPUs work just fine and no one knows why. Back then, when I had like 5fps on my old rig in CQ during large scale fights, other ppl with the same specs had 30 or more fps. The easiest way to solve this frustration is to simply buy a new gen processor, that's basically all that I'm saying.



    Update: I set PhysX specifically to my Video Card instead of Auto and got an instant 10-20fps increase, and my GPU is being utilized anywhere from 50-90% now, up from 30-40%, that's a huge increase!!!!



    Thank you for this tipp! :DDD
    I'll test this out in other places, too, but so far it looks like that really gave a huge boost to performance. \ (: /
    Last edited by Fia; 01-02-2018 at 09:13 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  5. #95
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Yes, that is true, which is why I pointed out beforehand, that I'd be using no Addons for the fps test. Addons, overall, take around 10fps of performance, but in large scale fights, having them turned on or off, makes maybe only a 5fps difference, at least from my own testing with my old rig (which was an i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz).
    Well that amount of fps drops depending how many callbacks are consumed by addons and depending how many addons you are using. Enabling addon system itself sacrifices a small portion of fps at beginning but starting to use any big addons like gadgets, kalert, kbm which is tracking every buff/debuff applied on all fully or partially available units is decreasing fps drastically. Since that addons mostly coded when multicore wasn't ingame they are not utilizing that properly too, i modified most of them to do handle such situation but most of them needing huge overwrite/reviewing, that was the one of the reasons I was asking latency hook so I was planning to make huge rift addon with dps meter, ui customization etc handled by itself alone instead of many different addons which is also causing drastical decreases.

    In 10man or 20man raids? On my old rig (basically the same hardware that you are using here), I was barely able to get 20fps in 20man raids, and that is on low settings, however with addons enabled.
    I always used this rig on playing RIFT, I rarely change my rigs unless there is huge level of benefit for me, since I'm not playing games so much being and few games out there still performing very good for me even on max settings, so yea thats fps I get on both 10mans and 20mans, I always played RIFT on ultra settings and was calling most mechanics to my guilds when other players who had low graphics in fights like regulos etc.

    As I said, sometimes the old gen CPUs work just fine and no one knows why. Back then, when I had like 5fps on my old rig in CQ during large scale fights, other ppl with the same specs had 30 or more fps. The easiest way to solve this frustration is to simply buy a new gen processor, that's basically all that I'm saying.
    That was case for most people but even on vanilla CQ where there was thousands of corpses and players on screen my fps never went down below 20-25ish, your case must be mismatching hardware peripherals, misconfigured settings or maybe damaged hardware but as you know most hardwares from even same generation can not perform same, for example I had i7 2600k before this cpu which I was able to overclock 5.0ghz with air cooling only and it was very rare edition, I sold it to some overclock maniac friend of mine and replace it with i7 3770k since my mobo supported both :P


    Update: I set PhysX specifically to my Video Card instead of Auto and got an instant 10-20fps increase, and my GPU is being utilized anywhere from 50-90% now, up from 30-40%, that's a huge increase!!!!
    Yes that seems case for nvidia drivers since q3 of 2016, so most people don't know about it and latest drivers somehow pushed that borking to the extreme limits and many games started to stutter for people even with titanx etc, lately some people discovered it was caused by this.
    Last edited by aileen; 01-02-2018 at 09:57 PM. Reason: typo
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  6. #96
    Fia
    Fia is offline
    Champion of Telara Fia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Well that amount of fps drops depending how many callbacks are consumed by addons and depending how many addons you are using. Enabling addon system itself sacrifices a small portion of fps at beginning but starting to use any big addons like gadgets, kalert, kbm which is tracking every buff/debuff applied on all fully or partially available units is decreasing fps drastically. Since that addons mostly coded when multicore wasn't ingame they are not utilizing that properly too, i modified most of them to do handle such situation but most of them needing huge overwrite/reviewing, that was the one of the reasons I was asking latency hook so I was planning to make huge rift addon with dps meter, ui customization etc handled by itself alone instead of many different addons which is also causing drastical decreases.
    True, that's also what I was seeing when I was looking into the addons. I usually use Gadgets, Rift Meter and so on, basically all the big addons, hence the 10fps drop in performance back then.

    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    That was case for most people but even on vanilla CQ where there was thousands of corpses and players on screen my fps never went down below 20-25ish, your case must be mismatching hardware peripherals, misconfigured settings or maybe damaged hardware but as you know most hardwares from even same generation can not perform same, for example I had i7 2600k before this cpu which I was able to overclock 5.0ghz with air cooling only and it was very rare edition, I sold it to some overclock maniac friend of mine and replace it with i7 3770k since my mobo supported both :P
    I doubt it was damaged hardware, but my guess was mismatching hardware peripherals, I still find it weird though, bcos I always buy pretty high end stuff, so I was expecting the hardware to at least match up. Well, at least everything works nicely now with my new rig. (:
    Last edited by Fia; 01-02-2018 at 11:00 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

    Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv


  7. #97
    Rift Disciple Udoing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Had a 6 hour power outage which hit just as I was uploading my last video.

    https://mega.nz/#!QOgC0ahC!iKMJQjUXZ...GAyrpMAbo1DGUI

    I'll repeat my concern seeing as it's being missed by just about everyone in this thread.

    CPU and GPU usage on the amd fx-8150 not approaching anything above 50% during the boss fight.

    The Intel is able to peak it that usage to 99%. Do I need to do screenshots and circle it?
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

  8. #98
    Rift Disciple Udoing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    This is why I prefer some older CPU's with larger architecture,64nm had some awesome thermal buffer space.That comes in handy in australian conditions,where a regular is 40-45c.Unless you're airconned,you need to think about it more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    No idea. But the 83C have me kinda worried. Also I wouldn't say 4th gen processors are useless for this game, they just don't perform as well as the newer gen ones do. Furthermore, there are exceptions to the "rule". I know a few ppl that have 3rd gen processors and the game runs super smooth. It's really weird and so far no one could really pinpoint the problem.

    Yes, video would be cool please. DD
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

  9. #99
    Rift Disciple Udoing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    BTW,yep,would be kinda crazy to have physx work done by the CPU when your video card has a dedicated GPU designed for this.
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

  10. #100
    Rift Disciple Arir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    131

    Default Dont have these issues

    Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    You can blame everything on an old AMD processor. Clearly Rift has optimization problem.
    And the typical casual "BUY INTEL AND NVIDIA IS THE FIX" doesn't really work in this case.

    This is what I routinely see when I do a zone event (1-3fps), most of my graphical settings are low/lowest btw @1080p, this is on an INTEL 4770K@4.6ghz with a GTX970 (pink for fanboy power), and it preformed just as bad in this game.



    Attachment 32444

    Attachment 32445

    I recently bought an Acer Predator I7 3.6 g 16 ram 1070 vid card.....and I get on average 100 fps and about 60 fps in a zone event with 80 toons fighting boss without a sweat. I played many years on a sub par laptop with only on board graphics and I had all the issues in these threads. Not since I got the gaming laptop. I also play the game on ultra and have not over clocked this rig at all. I don't see the issues you all are speaking of now. Rift has had some major issues ( like the disconnects all through Fae Yule } but not the problems mentioned here.

  11. #101
    Rift Disciple Udoing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    10characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Udoing View Post
    This is not one issue,but many. Did you even watch the video? This is more about the fact every person gets told its their computer or hardware at fault,get a better this,get a better that.

    There's bigger issues than your face too ya know!
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

  12. #102
    Rift Disciple Udoing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    That's nice.. I'd expect an AMD problem on an INTEL machine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arir View Post
    I recently bought an Acer Predator I7 3.6 g 16 ram 1070 vid card.....and I get on average 100 fps and about 60 fps in a zone event with 80 toons fighting boss without a sweat. I played many years on a sub par laptop with only on board graphics and I had all the issues in these threads. Not since I got the gaming laptop. I also play the game on ultra and have not over clocked this rig at all. I don't see the issues you all are speaking of now. Rift has had some major issues ( like the disconnects all through Fae Yule } but not the problems mentioned here.
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

  13. #103
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,137

    Default

    By the way I found 2 settings on rift.cfg which is working like limiter on fps,
    HasFocusMinFrameTime I set this to 0.000001 its fps limiter when game is active window of the game.

    LostFocusMinFrameTime I also set this to 0.000001 this is a limiter when game is not active, you maybe noticed even if you open a window over game fps of the game drops drastically, you maybe noticed on some streamers too when they alt-tab the game so when you set it like this games fps won't be lowered even when you alt-tab etc.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  14. #104
    Rift Disciple Udoing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    CombatLogFileFlushInterval



    Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    By the way I found 2 settings on rift.cfg which is working like limiter on fps,
    HasFocusMinFrameTime I set this to 0.000001 its fps limiter when game is active window of the game.

    LostFocusMinFrameTime I also set this to 0.000001 this is a limiter when game is not active, you maybe noticed even if you open a window over game fps of the game drops drastically, you maybe noticed on some streamers too when they alt-tab the game so when you set it like this games fps won't be lowered even when you alt-tab etc.
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts