+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: State Of Rift Part II

Aileen,I'm understanding that basically I need to change CPU and Mobo,and go from there.

It's not like I don't have or can't get those.

You're the one who dropped the "I'm a computer engineer" line and insinuated that I don't know how to build.

I just directed you to a 4 year old thread about this exact issue,instead of pointing that out you try demean me.

Special Olympics damn straight.
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

Appreciate the constructive post,what I was trying to point out was a recent GPU only utilizing 700mb of 8gb memory,4gb of system ram being utilized,and both GPU or CPU usage not spiking above %50.

I'm not arguing that the CPU is the problem.I actually agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Optimization has been a Rift problem for many years. Basically, since it's release. But it still doesn't overtake class balancing, or broken specs, or broken content. Yes, optimization is the backbone of any good game, and it should be taken care of at the beginning. To build a solid foundation. But we are way too far past the point of putting optimization first in the list of Rift problems. Also here's a benchmark and review of your cpu. I agree with Aileen in the sense that you are trying to run an older cpu with a newer gpu, this will cause performance issues. In order terms, you're trying to run a 2018 F150 with the engine of a 2000 F150. It just will work, just not well. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought mix/matching nvidia and amd parts was a no-no due to compatibility issues, causing performance issues? You can call me ignorant but just from those two websites it doesn't seem like your cpu is amazing, decent yes, but not something you can overlook when addressing this issue. All performance is relative to the specs.

Don't you mean chocolate rift?

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    If you ever played on vanilla think you did from seeing your registration date, you must know that sanctum/meridian conquest tries on pvp servers or some big world events like river of souls ending, this issues were ingame since that time.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Udoing View Post
    Maybe you could do a zone event video with your pc,seems to do pretty sweet fps at 4K (watching your youtube vids).

also,if you don't mind,what PC specs are you running?

something also,do it on the NA servers?

cheers. :D
    Sorry, didn't see your reply until just now. I see you already found my PC specs. :DDD It's awesome playing Rift at that resolution and on that monitor. :DDD

I think I still haven't leveled up my toon to lvl 70 on the NA servers, that's something I still have to do. As soon as Trion does something that allows me to catch up faster on the Eternal Weapon grind, I'll be uploading new videos again. (:

On a general note regarding performance in Rift

Rift mainly needs power per core instead of core count, which is why I bought the i7-7700K over the Ryzen processor. i7-7700K is simply far superior in that regard and it really shows because I get like 60fps absolutely anywhere in Rift at 1080p (old monitor cap is 60Hz), and 60-100fps in 4K. (100fps because my new monitor caps at 100Hz)
    Last edited by Fia; 12-29-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Thanks for replying and not being put off by the general down trend of the thread.

I've just wrangled some parts that where laying around and threw them together as a test bench.

The result is pretty staggering in comparison.

Solid 85 fps in tempest. 110 Out at Mage Tower.

Asrock B250 Gaming K4
    Intel G4560 3.6ghz Dual Core
    16GB DDR 4-2400
    128GB SSD
    RX 580 8 GB

I'll do another vid later on when I can be bothered of another ZE and upload for comparison.

Quite a marked difference.Even though on a lot of other games/things the 8150 decimates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    Sorry, didn't see your reply until just now. I see you already found my PC specs. DD It's awesome playing Rift at that resolution and on that monitor. DD

I think I still haven't leveled up my toon to lvl 70 on the NA servers, that's something I still have to do. As soon as Trion does something that allows me to catch up faster on the Eternal Weapon grind, I'll be uploading new videos again. (:

On a general note regarding performance in Rift

Rift mainly needs power per core instead of core count, which is why I bought the i7-7700K over the Ryzen processor. i7-7700K is simply far superior in that regard and it really shows because I get like 60fps absolutely anywhere in Rift at 1080p (old monitor cap is 60Hz), and 60-100fps in 4K. (100fps because my new monitor caps at 100Hz)

I said I'd upload another vid later so here it is for those interested.

Still not happy considering this is a problem existing since release/shortly after.

26fps on ZE boss I can cope with.

I'll be building a better Intel beast when I can seeing as AMD gets no love.

https://mega.nz/#!sCYEjRbD!UdRLsOdAh...LE7G3PruQPZQKI

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Looks like arrogance is your lifestyle, as a computer engineer I can easily tell you that you are bottlenecking your gpu with fx8150 but no matter what you will reply with your ocean vast knowledge so no point arguing meanwhile buy another 1070 and make them SLI so you can make overkill.
    You can blame everything on an old AMD processor. Clearly Rift has optimization problem.
    And the typical casual "BUY INTEL AND NVIDIA IS THE FIX" doesn't really work in this case.

This is what I routinely see when I do a zone event (1-3fps), most of my graphical settings are low/lowest btw @1080p, this is on an INTEL 4770K@4.6ghz with a GTX970 (pink for fanboy power), and it preformed just as bad in this game.

State Of Rift Part II-3fps3.jpg

State Of Rift Part II-3fpss.png
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 12-30-2017 at 12:34 PM.

FateStayNight, A cheap G4560 CPU is out performing your 4770K...

Spec for spec,like I said,if optimization was even thought of on AMD things wouldn't be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    You can blame everything on an old AMD processor. Clearly Rift has optimization problem.

This is what I routinely see when I do a zone event (1-3fps), most of my graphical settings are low/lowest btw @1080p, this is on an INTEL 4770K@4.6ghz with a GTX970 (pink for fanboy power), and it preformed just as bad in this game.

Ascendant

FateStayNight, A cheap G4560 CPU is out performing your 4770K...

Spec for spec,like I said,if optimization was even thought of on AMD things wouldn't be so bad.
    In this game probably.

Here's Rift's recommended system hardware.

Recommended System Specifications

Operating system: Windows® XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
    Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo® 2.2 GHz or better (Pink for more derpa Intel fanboy powa)
    Memory: 4 GB
    Hard disk space: 15.0 GB available
    Desktop Video: Nvidia® GTS 250 or better
    Notebook Video: Nvidia® GTX 200M series or better
    Sound: DirectX® 8.1 compliant card
    DirectX®: 9.0c, June 2010 update
    Broadband Internet connection (DSL, cable modem, or other high-speed connection)

4770k@ 4.6ghz vs Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz...

Get it?
    /sigh

*Cough* *Cough*

Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz or better

https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e...ments-for-RIFT

Derp Derp.

For over +9000 bonus points,what is the whole reason we went from 32 bit computers to 64 bit?
    Last edited by Udoing; 12-30-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: form > from

Default There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

In Storm Legion I could get MUCH better frame rate during a Volan event with a MUCH lesser machine than I am currently using. (Volan is arguably the most highly scripted and computationally demanding zone event)

The Volan Event had similar high player participation numbers as the VP events as well.

Despite this, I too get very poor performance in high pop. VP events yet hear reports of friends with lesser machines getting much better performance.
    Last edited by Lanzan; 12-30-2017 at 05:27 PM.

I made another video as a returning player after being unhappy with rifts performance in zone events.

https://mega.nz/#!EXhgBIJS!BGnz92meF...mEdhAQGUiQ8RQw

mirror:
    https://ufile.io/u45m2

There's a few things I'd like to point out.
    1. The Computer Is Adequate.RIFT is not utilizing all of available resources.
    2. 8 Core 3.6ghz Fx-8150,16gb ram,8gb GTX 1070
    3. Internet connection isn't great but that's why I have 2. 5mbit and 40mbit.
    4. We're pinging 250-280 normal from australia.
    5. At no point does the network usage spike above 0.1 Mbit
    6. All graphics options are turned down low.Apart from low renderer.
    7. 62 people at Zone Event. It's worse with 158 like it was.(IC).
    8. At no point does the CPU or GPU spike.SSD also.What does spike is the latency and dropped packets Trion's end!
    9. This latency goes from 250-280ms > 1500ms and back while the Boss is active.
    10. Abilities are highly delayed in this situation,to the point of not even getting a cast or instant off unless you mash the keys,even without a macro.macro's are worse obviously.
    Rift played best at release for me. I only had a mediocre computer. I have since gotten "gamer computers" and the game performed worse. I find this very disappointing because the zone events is one of the things that makes Rift stand out from other games and I would think this is where game should excel then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzan View Post
    In Storm Legion I could get MUCH better frame rate during a Volan event with a MUCH lesser machine than I am currently using. (Volan is arguably the most highly scripted and computationally demanding zone event)

The Volan Event had similar high player participation numbers as the VP events as well.

Despite this, I too get very poor performance in high pop. VP events yet hear reports of friends with lesser machines getting much better performance.
    Yes, because if I understand correctly what I have read on these forums / experimented myself, RIFT at launch worked well on the best MONO or DUAL core machines we had.

But computers went to multicore progression instead of more power on one core.
    I suppose IF we could have a one core processor with the power of current multicore, this machine would be THE beast for RIFT.
    But now, RIFT can't use the multicore systems, and individually our computer's cores are less powerful than our old dual core were.

Only thing I could do to have better performance on RIFT was putting the game on a SSD, and giving my computer more memory. Beast graphic cards do nothing.
    And VP is worse than any other zone, so something in the new zone works badly (maybe massive mob density?).
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 12-31-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, à la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Multi Cores are only good if RIFT knows how to use them,apparently it's stuck in Dual Core.

Along with multiple cores came bigger caches.High overclocks. FX-8150 black edition is good for a 30% OC. It actually auto clocks to 4.2 if enabled.

Ram would matter if it was actually using more than 3.5gb (32 bit)

Video card would matter if it was actually using an engine with higher than directx 9c support.

These things are visible in the 2 video's I've posted.

So what's really going on?

LEGACY 32 bit compatibility gone wrong. 64 bit bodged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    But computers went to multicore progression instead of more power on one core.
    I suppose IF we could have a one core processor with the power of current multicore, this machine would be THE beast for RIFT.
    But now, RIFT can't use the multicore systems, and individually our computer's cores are less powerful than our old dual core were.

Only thing I could do to have better performance on RIFT was putting the game on a SSD, and giving my computer more memory. Beast graphic cards do nothing.
    Last edited by Udoing; 01-01-2018 at 04:59 AM. Reason: added 'LEGACY'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast