+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: State Of Rift Part II

Yes zone events and most other crowded places are pain in the game but they are still least concern when you look from bigger view of how things are going in game and don't get me wrong but why in the hell you use 8150 with 1070 you basically bottleneck 1070 like crazy, either change your cpu to much modern one to match with 1070 or change your gpu to something like 580, 680 or even 770 (thou it will be still bottlenecking but lesser than 1070) basically you are killing that 1070.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Udoing View Post
    Maybe you could do a zone event video with your pc,seems to do pretty sweet fps at 4K (watching your youtube vids).

also,if you don't mind,what PC specs are you running?

something also,do it on the NA servers?

cheers.
    Nevermind. Found it.

Monitor: Samsung CF791 (UWQHD Resolution, so 3440x1440) -> EXTREMELY GOOD! it's expensive but VERY worth it imo! DD CPU: i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz (non-overclocked) GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX Geforce GTX 1080 TI OC RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX FORMULA CPU-Cooler: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H115i Main Drive: Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB (M.2)
    'condescending' | VRUM MAJIS! BOR BUR!! |

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Yes zone events and most other crowded places are pain in the game but they are still least concern when you look from bigger view of how things are going in game and don't get me wrong but why in the hell you use 8150 with 1070 you basically bottleneck 1070 like crazy, either change your cpu to much modern one to match with 1070 or change your gpu to something like 580, 680 or even 770 (thou it will be still bottlenecking but lesser than 1070) basically you are killing that 1070.
    Do I really have to point out that neither are bottlenecking in the video.

Killing the 1070? are you joking? this thing actually needs to be heated up to burn. I got another 6 high end cards here anyway,done much gpu mining?

Do I really have to point out that neither are bottlenecking in the video.

Killing the 1070? are you joking? this thing actually needs to be heated up to burn. I got another 6 high end cards here anyway,done much gpu mining?
    Looks like arrogance is your lifestyle, as a computer engineer I can easily tell you that you are bottlenecking your gpu with fx8150 but no matter what you will reply with your ocean vast knowledge so no point arguing meanwhile buy another 1070 and make them SLI so you can make overkill.

Isp
    Champion

Zone Events with a lots of players will lag no matter what your computer spec and internet connection. Point which I was trying to make that rift like a bus with dead motor and falling off wheels and you complaining about painting color. Yes, it is an issue - but very small issue in comparison with other issues.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

shup i'm a computer engineer eh?

been building them for 20 myself.

I'm quite happy to run it singular at X16 instead of 2 @ X8.

hur.

If the monitoring in the video actually showed cpu or gpu anything above 50%,maybe i'd tend to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Zone Events with a lots of players will lag no matter what your computer spec and internet connection. Point which I was trying to make that rift like a bus with dead motor and falling off wheels and you complaining about painting color. Yes, it is an issue - but very small issue in comparison with other issues.
    It's a small issue to some of you guys.heck,need I mention candles?

shup i'm a computer engineer eh?

been building them for 20 myself.

I'm quite happy to run it singular at X16 instead of 2 @ X8.

hur.
    Top kek, using screwdrivers and mounting hardwares are not building. If you were real "builder" you would easily know that just upgrading gpu to modern ones on 4 or 5 years old system won't increase performance, you should either upgrade all compenents of that rig to matching gpu or getting best possible gpu for that rig available which is like i said gtx680 but meh arrogance your problem here.

Rift is cpu dependent game and its engine gamebyro is facing that kind of problems on other games were using this, still you are limiting your gpus performance by using very old cpu compared to it so making this worser on your end to get maximum benefit on your gpu when it was needed.

Anyway dude you know things so much better ^^ good luck to you in your life with your vast knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Top kek, using screwdrivers and mounting hardwares are not building. If you were real "builder" you would easily know that just upgrading gpu to modern ones on 4 or 5 years old system won't increase performance, you should either upgrade all compenents of that rig to matching gpu or getting best possible gpu for that rig available which is like i said gtx680 but meh arrogance your problem here.

Rift is cpu dependent game and its engine gamebyro is facing that kind of problems on other games were using this, still you are limiting your gpus performance by using very old cpu compared to it so making this worser on your end to get maximum benefit on your gpu when it was needed.

Anyway dude you know things so much better ^^ good luck to you in your life with your vast knowledge.
    And right there you actually reveal the problem I'm driving at. It would run swell with an Intel CPU am I right?

I only show arrogance when it's shown to me.taste good?

And right there you actually reveal the problem I'm driving at. It would run swell with an Intel CPU am I right?

No one cares, alot of people have had 0 fps and still never complained about that because they put other problems in game (class unbalance etc) ahead.

If you didn't care why comment?

I made the video to be constructive and start the conversation in the first place.

You guys dragged it down by being ... condescending.

First you are not trying to understand, RIFT has optimization issues since its release even latest attempts with multithreading and x64 support didn't help on this issues at all.

Yes 20% ish increase happend but we are talking about 20 fps going to 24 fps not something like totally game changing experience like smooth displays, faster loading on textures etc.

While game is getting so much new art and textures game itself is not evolving. One of the reasons with crowded places is this. If you ever played on vanilla think you did from seeing your registration date, you must know that sanctum/meridian conquest tries on pvp servers or some big world events like river of souls ending, this issues were ingame since that time.

All people here replying to you is knowing that but it's least concern because game is pratically dying slowly we all waiting whole new balances and changes to get game its revival, yes performance and optimization changes would be nice as long as gameplay done first.

In your example you said you don't see any gpu usage increase thats the reason of your cpu bottlenecking it, basically your cpu asking rendering stuff on your gpu and replies as soon as it finishes but your cpu is not fast enough to handle all data processsing and logic transfers done by your gpu, since game itself is cpu dependent too you are basically decreasing your own performance on that situation, if you were using something like gtx580 , gtx680 or even gtx770ish, your performance compared to this situation would be better.

So whenever you basically hurting your own performance and killing that 1070 by killing i mean wasting it on that rig but you know better since you have 20+ years of building, a guy like me who has phd on computer engineering knows nothing.

Wish you best in your life once again but please learn basics of making a rig.

Rift Disciple

Optimization has been a Rift problem for many years. Basically, since it's release. But it still doesn't overtake class balancing, or broken specs, or broken content. Yes, optimization is the backbone of any good game, and it should be taken care of at the beginning. To build a solid foundation. But we are way too far past the point of putting optimization first in the list of Rift problems. Also here's a benchmark and review of your cpu. I agree with Aileen in the sense that you are trying to run an older cpu with a newer gpu, this will cause performance issues. In order terms, you're trying to run a 2018 F150 with the engine of a 2000 F150. It just will work, just not well. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought mix/matching nvidia and amd parts was a no-no due to compatibility issues, causing performance issues? You can call me ignorant but just from those two websites it doesn't seem like your cpu is amazing, decent yes, but not something you can overlook when addressing this issue. All performance is relative to the specs.
    Remember when Rift was:

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast