+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Holiday Sparkle Disappointment

Soulwalker

Default Holiday Sparkle Disappointment

I just spent weeks collecting sparkles and got my prize equipment cache. I was very disappointed when upon opening the cache I received a helm that is LESS powerful than the BIS one I have.
    You folks at Trion know this was a possibility - and you know that most of folks HAVE this BIS helm. Can you please take the lesser helm out of the mix so folks in the future can have a chance at the leggings or something that isn't a craftable. (thats my suggestion)
    Last edited by xylaal; 12-23-2017 at 08:14 AM.

BMX
    Champion

With knowing that the Planar Crafted, at full upgrade, the duplicates should have been omitted.
    Either that or let peeps choose from a list as to what they might like to equip.
    Banned

Isp
    Sword of Telara

This thread http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ravaganza.html is dedicated for helmet from sparkles rage.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Plane Touched

Some people wanted the store helm in the loot table because some people won't or can't craft/upgrade the helm/ranged. This is the same thing like the $100 mount box, they don't really care if you already have the item. They won't tailor the loot table if you already have the item, it's too much work for them.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Champion

Default right

well you have to worry about the sparkle queset anymore
    now that yaret has ben diabled few people will finsh it

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Some of us would LOOOOOOVE to have that helm, but I get what you're saying. A surfeit of goodness is not always useful.

On the Yaret front, it looks like the resolution would require a full restart of all servers, which is both hard to organize and risky while all of Dev and most of Operations staff are on break. While it doesn't quite qualify as an emergency that would drag all staff back into office, I've asked on our internal channels in case we can organize something before we get back in. You can follow along here.

Fae Yule does run an extra week, which may help those who rely on an external tracker.
    ;-)#
    Brasse

Rift Master

This is not meant to be rude, but Brasse, you are literally the only person I have seen mention that they actually wanted the purchased helm instead of the crafted one.

I would seriously like to know: who REALISTICALLY cannot obtain a crafted helm? If you craft -- and most solo players I've met do craft -- the recipes aren't hard to obtain, and even if you buy NONE of the materials and farm it all yourself it barely takes a few days to get everything together. If you don't craft, you probably got enough plat by leveling and doing dailies to purchase one from the AH. (And even if you didn't, you can buy both the crafted helm and ranged for less than the plat cost of a rex now anyway).

I mean someone please enlighten me here. I'm genuinely curious WHAT kind of player would find the purchased helm more desirable than the crafted one.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I am going to assume you play with people a whole lot more uber than I am.
    I am one of the unwashed masses, who plays alts and levels slowly (my highest is nor 69 and a bit, no lie). This is still the majority of players, according to data... not max level, not max crafter.

So yeah, if I get the helm, I will indeed be happy. Then I will set about getting the crafted one. =P
    Brasse

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    This is not meant to be rude, but Brasse, you are literally the only person I have seen mention that they actually wanted the purchased helm instead of the crafted one.

I would seriously like to know: who REALISTICALLY cannot obtain a crafted helm? If you craft -- and most solo players I've met do craft -- the recipes aren't hard to obtain, and even if you buy NONE of the materials and farm it all yourself it barely takes a few days to get everything together. If you don't craft, you probably got enough plat by leveling and doing dailies to purchase one from the AH. (And even if you didn't, you can buy both the crafted helm and ranged for less than the plat cost of a rex now anyway).

I mean someone please enlighten me here. I'm genuinely curious WHAT kind of player would find the purchased helm more desirable than the crafted one.

So here is the post where tactius stated that some players wanted the helm in the loot table.

As for what players wanted this, I assume it's the players who complain they can't get BoS gear for wardrobe. When the gear bought with Intel is the same.... It's also probably the same players who are upset they can't craft a bag that requires a mat that drops from a raid boss. Raiders getting rewarded for playing the game and progressing through the raid is not a good concept anymore I guess. The mentality of "I don't like raiding or end game content so I shouldn't have to do these to get the wardrobe". It's literally people who are way too lazy to craft the item or refuse to play the game. I don't see how you can't get the crafted helm/ranged, it's literally a matter of playing the game. The mats aren't even expensive for the base item, my minions farm enough mats minus matrices in literally a day. It really bothers me that these people think it's okay to complain when they simply do not play certain aspects of the game yet want the rewards from said aspect. "I don't raid but I want raid gear for wardrobe, so let's screw others over for what I want". If you don't play the game you shouldn't be rewarded for it, it's that simple.

And yes someone said they haven't stepped foot in a dungeon or raid but wants the gear for wardrobe. I said they can get the appearance from the Uttila East Quartermaster. They replied with "that's too expensive, too much intel".

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I am one of the unwashed masses, who plays alts and levels slowly (my highest is nor 69 and a bit, no lie). This is still the majority of players, according to data... not max level, not max crafter.

So yeah, if I get the helm, I will indeed be happy. Then I will set about getting the crafted one. =P
    Brasse
    I agree Brasse, people who do not have or want the crafted helm should be able to get it from the sparkles quest. But not at the cost of other players who already have the crafted helm. That's not fair to put an item into the loot table that is a downgrade from your current gear. Only in regards to the Helm though.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 12-23-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Rift Disciple

I did the Sparkle quest on 4 toons and got the helmet on two of them. They all had the crafted helm. Fortunately the two Alts that got the helmet in the Sparkle loot did not have the crafted helm upgraded yet so the Sparkle quest helmet will suffice for a while.

I thought about submitting a ticket but ended up looking at it like this. I play the game I play using it's rules. If I don't like it's rules I play another game. I also believe that if Dev had the capability to look at your gear you're wearing and all of the gear in your bags and vault and then drop something you don't have they would have certainly done it long before now. So I figure with the code available it is not possible for Rift. Realizing that there are players in the game that the T2 helm would benefit I'm OK with the RNG and accept it when grinding out the quest.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    Someone like me. I'm doing the sparkle on my third alt, a character I'm never going to do any hard core raiding on. So it's completely unnecessary to get the crafted one and grind it to BIS. I would be genuinely happy to get the helm on that character.

I have the crafted helm
    I do not raid/do max level instances (yet)
    I would like that bag from the bob drop

I'm not complaining I don't have that bag (yet)

This does not make me a lazy/whining player.
    My last raiding activity was Regulos/Crucia. 7 Surgeries on hands, shoulders and elbow later, some damage to the nerve system and trigger fingers, I still don't raid

why.. because I can't guarantee I'll do well in raids/instances and do not want to hold back those that want to farm instances.

But hey... the sparkle quest is an easy bonus... with a chance at...
    Last edited by Aranka; 12-23-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by rutte View Post
    I did the Sparkle quest on 4 toons and got the helmet on two of them. They all had the crafted helm. Fortunately the two Alts that got the helmet in the Sparkle loot did not have the crafted helm upgraded yet so the Sparkle quest helmet will suffice for a while.

I thought about submitting a ticket but ended up looking at it like this. I play the game I play using it's rules. If I don't like it's rules I play another game. I also believe that if Dev had the capability to look at your gear you're wearing and all of the gear in your bags and vault and then drop something you don't have they would have certainly done it long before now. So I figure with the code available it is not possible for Rift. Realizing that there are players in the game that the T2 helm would benefit I'm OK with the RNG and accept it when grinding out the quest.
    They are capable of implementing code that will not give you the Helm if you already have the crafted one. It's been done in the past in similar situations.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post

Brasse
    I've always played with people who raid, so I suppose if that's your definition of "uber" I'm a social gamer, so doing the game solo isn't at all fun for me, and since the majority of groups are in it for raiding purposes, well, that's where I went.

During Storm Legion my "home" guild was made up of people who did a lot of dungeons and 10 mans once or twice a week- and bought t1 armor with the Frozen Eclipse Stones earned that way, because we/they didn't have interest in doing 20 mans since we didn't have enough to do it without picking up randoms from crossevents. Basically some of the most casual raiders you'll ever meet. But this same group also crafted everything possible. I don't play with these people now as they mostly went back to WOW but if we were all playing together now I'm sure we'd all have the crafted items. So I guess that's my benchmark for 'casual' -- I obviously don't get to talk to every one of the players in game

I did craft the helm/range weapons for my alts, also, but not going to fully upgrade them, just like some of my alts won't get their eternal weapons upgraded very far either. I suppose if my rogue got the helm I wouldn't complain too much, but I'd end up replacing it with the crafted one if I got bored enough to play her again.

But I appreciate the answers I've considered myself a lazy casual a lot and I still would rather have the crafted helm over the store one :P Maybe I should rethink my definition of "casual"...
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast