+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Holiday Sparkle Disappointment

BMX
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    I get this response. Kind of. From a casual player perspective it makes sense. "Not everyone has the planar crafted helm, so it's nice to get a chance."

But here's the other side: A LOT of players do have it. A LOT. In fact you guys made the game so that any player that wants to *really* participate in end game content is going to have it. And any casual player that would benefit from getting the tier two helm would benefit just as much from any other piece of tier two gear.

So by choosing the option you did, and with the explanations you've given you are appearing to be "inclusive" of all players. But in reality you are actually excluding a significant portion of players from gaining a reward from the fae yule event.

I feel that every player that put in the effort to complete the Fae Yule sparkle quest should benefit from the reward. Removing this helm from the loot table is not taking away a reward from the casual team. But it IS increasing the reward chance for non-casual players.

From a developer stand point shouldn't your focus be on the player base as a whole?
    It is highly exclusive in that each of my guild members has both planar crafted pieces by the time they hit 70. I cannot tell you how many hoods and range weapons I have personally crafted for guild mates. That's what makes being in a guild worth it and it makes those of us that do craft these items enjoy ninja mailing planar crafted to our peeps...
    When I send a helm to a level 68 and they get jonesin to use it, you watch how the level pace goes to the moon! And we sidekick with em for the sake of it too!

Frankly, we the community that are participating in endgame content have a responsibility to be good stewards of the game and Trion has even more responsibility in terms of stewardship.

So, yeah, they do get bummed when they have slaved for the sparkle event to get a repeat helm that doesn't meet or exceed the stats of the crafted gear they currently have.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    It is highly exclusive in that each of my guild members has both planar crafted pieces by the time they hit 70. I cannot tell you how many hoods and range weapons I have personally crafted for guild mates. That's what makes being in a guild worth it and it makes those of us that do craft these items enjoy ninja mailing planar crafted to our peeps...
    When I send a helm to a level 68 and they get jonesin to use it, you watch how the level pace goes to the moon! And we sidekick with em for the sake of it too!

Frankly, we the community that are participating in endgame content have a responsibility to be good stewards of the game and Trion has even more responsibility in terms of stewardship.

So, yeah, they do get bummed when they have slaved for the sparkle event to get a repeat helm that doesn't meet or exceed the stats of the crafted gear they currently have.
    I wish more of the community was like this, well done to you and your mates
    Have you ever wanted to?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    There are lots of guilds like this, but Trion instead of encouraging guilds spends oodles of effort on things like LFR and more solo content at the expense of guilds. Enlightened self-interest is a powerful thing in which spillover can really happen to the benefit of all.
    Sutra@faeblight
    Mage since 2011
    Leader, Dawn of Terror

BMX
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    Thankya!!

We try to assist one another as much as possible. This makes for a tight knit group of peeps that are like family to hang out with, raid with etc.

By chasing peeps away from the game with paywalls, incessant grinds and RNG that's rampant, we have lost too many players to other game options. Many guilds that made it through NT folded or went dormant since 4.x. This has been most unfortunate and the remaining guilds do what they have to to support one another.

On the topic of crafted items...

When I do craft something for someone and they ask, what do I owe you, I respond with "you already paid in full" since I know how much it's appreciated. That is more than enough in return for some matrices and other mats and a few minutes of my time!

Dundare,

Well said!!
    Banned

I think Iíve read enough on this topic and would like throw in my 2 cents.

I just managed to complete my Sparkle quest, and opened it to get a...you guessed it! Helm.
    While I do have a crafted Chondritic Hood which is BiS, it doesnít become BiS until itís actually fully upgraded. Of which Iím sure a lot of players already have and at that stage I understand the frustration when they receive this particular T2 helm, but I personally was actually pretty happy about the drop since it was a pretty massive stat boost especially after dream orbing it.

I calculated that the Hoodís stats surpasses the T2 helm only after the second last upgrade and thatís still marginal and itís only truly BiS once fully upgraded and Iím no where near that as of yet and Iím no casual player. Just a returning player trying to voice out an opinion that casuals and returning players might have and how this Helm isnít half as bad for us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3