+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BMX

Thread: Storm Cells vrs Captured Intel

Default Storm Cells vrs Captured Intel

I understand the raiders point of view on this, as you need to do T2 to get T2 upgrade parts. If the cell drop is that low, possibly they could get a token per boss kill, and with 4 tokens turn them in for 1 cell, 1 time per week?
    Mt main focus on this post tho, is the Captured Intel. Without the need of this for upgrades to the T2 items, it already seems like the amount of people online has dropped considerably. For most of the raiders (most or some, I'm not sure), without the need of captured intel, they have no real need to login, unless it's raid time.
    At least with it before this change, there were more people online at most times, either waiting or participating in the VP events.
    Is this what the community wants? To do the weekly raid, and call it a week?
    People like myself that don't raid, I was always waiting for the next VP event, either farming for plat or crafting, or something in the game. I have 5 pieces of T2, 2 earrings, a ring, the neckpiece, and a belt.
    After I get 40k intel to upgrade my trinket, either I join a guild to raid, or sit stagnate with my gear. I want to keep playing, and participating, but soon, there will be no incentive for me to, unless I raid.

BMX
    Rift Master

Capped intel.... Pfft!
    With that combined with RNG of DRR's, frankly, I'm over that aspect of grinding.

The T2 upgrade path is most annoying! Having to grind our butts off for a minor upgrade is purely unacceptable, so I don't even bother. Yus, they upped the opportunity to farm capped intel at a mere pittance. Do I need a non paying second career that only provides me with a bill as opposed to an income? Um, no...

If they could place the essences under notoriety where you can actually choose what ya want, we would be far better off. Remember Storm Legion and Torvan/Lycini? You got what you paid for once you earned the notoriety. Nice and RNG free!! How kewl could that be?
    Banned

Agree about the storm cells. Wish this was still Intel but either way I wouldn't waste storm cells or 40k Intel to upgrade the accessories unless they were overlords. Decrease the upgrade on accessories to a cosmic trigger and I'd upgrade what I had and still farm to get overlords. Or we could just get rid of suffixes?
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    Mt main focus on this post tho, is the Captured Intel. Without the need of this for upgrades to the T2 items, it already seems like the amount of people online has dropped considerably. For most of the raiders (most or some, I'm not sure), without the need of captured intel, they have no real need to login, unless it's raid time.
    At least with it before this change, there were more people online at most times, either waiting or participating in the VP events.
    Just because you don't see as many people doing zone events doesn't meant they're not online. The amount of Intel you get from TDez (and depending on how fast you clear) is much more worth peoples time even vs saving up intel from your personal loot. People with patron and bonuses are capping out just through that and most of those people are more freely spending on the accessory boxes to better itemize their stats/gear.

It's worth mentioning that the people farming through TD are speed running it with vials on and spending several hours in there to cap so it does take some dedication to do it that way, but it's at least an option for those that don't want to sit around doing zone events all day.

Is this what the community wants? To do the weekly raid, and call it a week?
    I can't speak for every person, but as a raider I say yes. A lot of guilds raid for 2-3 hours 2-3 nights a week and others raid for 4-5 hours 2 nights a week on top of doing zone events. farming and anything else people like to do outside of that. Some raid on multiple characters as well.

After I get 40k intel to upgrade my trinket, either I join a guild to raid, or sit stagnate with my gear. I want to keep playing, and participating, but soon, there will be no incentive for me to, unless I raid.
    This hasn't been any different than how it was in the past. You could get raiding gear back in nightmare tide if you did enough weekly and dungeon/warfront charges, but you still couldn't upgrade it to relic unless you actually raided nor could you get BIS weapons. If you want to keep going with your gear then the only choice should be to raid. Find a guild, find a pug. Whatever your preference is in that regard.

I think it would be great if we had more dungeons and more mastermodes that gave you something almost equivalent to raiding gear depending on the difficulty (similar to WoW's mythic dungeons), but we don't have anything like that unfortunately.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 12-17-2017 at 02:18 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

+ Reply to Thread