+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Faelight sparkle extravaganza quest (stuck?)

and what would anyone suggest if like me, someone is stuck at 498 / 500 sparkles. Is there any event or activity that awards 2 sparkles only?

Thunder

bug report.. in game, on forum

screenshot the results from zone events

describe exactly what you did for a zone event, charname@shardname, event on EU/NA, time you did your activity during which event on what shard.. the time the event started, the time it ended.. and the screenshot of you being mentored when the event ended..

I know it is crappy, but as long as trion isn't able to reproduce/fix this, this might be your only option for now

Rift Disciple

So as I was thinking these kind of things never happen to me. Ha! I am at 498/500 and completed a VP Event and Badlands Event. I got loot but no Sparkles. Toon is Tsatsu@wolfsbane. Time was about 8:40PM Server.

I hope you are able to replicate and track down the problem tomorrow. I don't mind doing another event but would like to complete the quest.

Thanks
    Last edited by rutte; 12-13-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Plane Touched

guildmate had this issue. ran a spe with him. got his sparkles.

avo
    Telaran

Ran a low level unstable and was able to finish sparkle quest

Shadowlander

Default Sparkles

I was stuck at 498/500 and couldn't get anymore sparkles from anything. I asked in my guild and a guildmate suggested taking the sparkles out of the box they put it in on you're quest log, putting them in you're main bag and splitting them up. I took off 6 sparkles from the main pile and started a new one, did a expert dungeon with some guildies and when it was finished i got the sparkles and the quest completed. Just thought I would share this in case it helps anyone else. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

Oliverclothesoff, Hailol

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Can anyone that is still stuck PM me character name @ shard?

Still trying to track this down...

Plane Touched

was stuck earlier at 498, splitting the stack did not help but I was able to get 2 sparkles from an spe and finish

I got the same issue and ticketed it
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #25
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

So, have some _possible_ leads we are still investigating internally, but in the mean time some suggestions to get to 500:

Do an SPE or WF. I have not heard of any issues there.

Try an unstable or fae yule gift zone event. I have only heard a few reports of those not working where as most reports mention zone events in VP or Gedlo. I found one oddness in the loot set up for non-unstable events (the same oddness which would be responsible for those events paying out 8 instead of 4). Now this oddness should not cause the issues we are seeing, but the operative phrase there is should. This is one of the areas were are focusing in on now.

Things people have speculated about that appear to be false leads:

1) Moving sparkles between bags and quest inventory makes no discernible difference that I can find.

2) Needing some number less than 4 makes no difference at all.

3) Having the old quest from 2 years ago makes no difference.

Anyway, from what CS has been tracking for those that submit tickets is that most players have resolved the issue themselves before CS even looks at the ticket, so most players ARE finding functional work arounds eventually.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    So, have some _possible_ leads we are still investigating internally, but in the mean time some suggestions to get to 500:

Thank you for looking into this. It is appreciated.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

Do an SPE or WF. I have not heard of any issues there.

I just ran a TD-LFR and turned in the weekly quest and got the remaining 2 sparkles.

Soulwalker

Stuck on 496 (report ingame)

Check mostly all zone events - nothing, no way
    (after last patch, i see sparkles grow in qst log before reward collect)

Check random PVP - nothing
    But after random prophecy of ahnket expert dung, i get last 4
    (after reward collect)

I too was stuck at 498. I did a Fae Yule artifact event and got the last ones.

I am also stuck at 496. This is ridiculous. Finally get in sight of the end goal and bam, this is what happens? I tried completions that require mentoring down. That didn't work. Did a couple of events in VP, that did not work. Ran some Instant Adventures in the Fae Yule line, that didn't work. Logged out and in and did some of the above again and that didn't work.

My next plan is to try the fae yule artifact quests and see if that works.

The other Sparkle Quest does not make us jump through these "hoops", so why should it now?
    What the heck?

Super Frustrated....

UPDATE: I finally got the last four by doing the Celestial Instant Adventure (30) Quest. At the end of 30 Adventures I turned in the quest and received FOUR sparkles. Obviously, six won't do, you have to get the exact amount you need. The prize was an awesome set of legs.
    Last edited by Featherrock; 12-17-2017 at 04:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast