+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Desperate attempt?

Default Desperate attempt?

So last week you gave us bunch of new packs for this years fae yule, yay! more goodies to play with!

However as i watched over the description of what the most expensive one gave, i was shocked. 5 Million loyalty Points for only 250 dollars including other stuff, thats an estimate of 3000-5000 dollars if you would buy credits or REXs to achieve it. My Point is this feels like a desperate attempt to get more cash to make the game stay healthy (which btw isnt working regardless of success).

Then this week you nailed the Nail in the coffin. 100 dollars for 1 in 42 chance of getting a mount? really?

Last years letter about the future of the game seemed positive (although it felt like meh), the next upcoming letter i've would love to see you mention how financially in need you are, because lets be honest most of us know whats going on here.

In my opnion allowing people to get massive loyalty at a steep Price is ok because what you get from loyalty is QoL such as getting a summon ability etc. The benefits of lotalty is in general quite underwhelming. Ive bought patron for 1 1/2 years or so and what I cant recall anything I actually use from the loyalty rewards except a 40 % token boost. Ought to suck for those who has shelved out much more money though to get to the same place.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Default Cash

i would not mind paying rift a monthly fee if they would care about fixing bugs such as eternal weapon bugs and many others as i enjoy the game and would like to keep it alive even if that mean pay to play

I wouldn't mind paying if the game was as lucrative as it was in SL (getting out of the subject. But having this much RNG on stuff is just not Worth the Money, i would rather pay a big chunk of Money to get my favorite mount by 100% with for once no gambling involved.

Don't overthink it, it is.

I haven't really seen any game that Actually sells patron loyalty and at this huge price, this may be the first for me.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Telaran

Thumbs down

I have to agree. Prices in the Shop are stupidly high. I'm a Patron, and don't get any discounts. The thing that I don't get is why they are charging $99 for a single mount. Come on. It's digital. And if I was to guess, it is only for 1 character.

With WoW, if you buy a mount for $15-$25, it's good for all current and future characters.

One would figure that if you lower prices, you would sell more. It's not like you are running out of inventory.

on the mount thing
    For the 249.99 pack

it is not 1 of 42 chances to get a mount.

You get a mount. But there are 42 different mounts, of which you get one
    and the value of the pack is not so much in the mount, as it is in the loyalty you get cheap..

the 99.99 pack is with the bogling mount.. capt intel and loyalty.

there is a 19.99 pack with mount, 2 boost troves and 40slot bag.
    Last edited by Aranka; 12-13-2017 at 06:17 PM.

So... right now as it stands.
    -Class balance is a mess
    -end-game content is very weak and broken
    -PvP is destroyed
    -CQ
    -expansion half broken on launch
    -patch updates incredibly weak
    -class dev left and no one has replaced him
    -a change in payment to P2W
    -insane cash grabs
    -game thoroughly bugged
    -no comments about content in the pipeline
    -complete silence from the devs
    -heavy RNG
    -heavy grinding

Surely the team can see how bad it looks from the outside looking in, I don't understand why there isn't any dev communication. The game is mired in controversy right now. All of these problems (that list is very much incomplete), and we know the team is working on these challenge servers which is taking resources away from the mess that is the live game.

There needs to be a series of dialogues with the community, honest and brutal conversations.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    on the mount thing
    For the 249.99 pack

and the value of the pack is not so much in the mount, as it is in the loyalty you get cheap..

the 99.99 pack is with the bogling mount.. capt intel and loyalty.

there is a 19.99 pack with mount, 2 boost troves and 40slot bag.
    The new $100 pack is 1 mount. They added it in today's patch. That's the ******ed thing. $100 for one mount...
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

You are talking about the Orphiels crate.. Hadn't seen that one yet.. but that is plain stupid..

99.99 is 18.500 credits.. you can get cheaper 160mounts in store.. nobody will pay that much for what is basically a mount skin

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    -Class balance is a mess
    -PvP is destroyed
    -CQ
    -insane cash grabs
    -game thoroughly bugged
    -heavy RNG
    -heavy grinding

Surely the team can see how bad it looks from the outside looking in, I don't understand why there isn't any dev communication. The game is mired in controversy right now. All of these problems (that list is very much incomplete), and we know the team is working on these challenge servers which is taking resources away from the mess that is the live game.

There needs to be a series of dialogues with the community, honest and brutal conversations.

Werd!

If they don't want an adversarial experience, they can certainly open with a frank explanation of the state of the onion. Brasse is back and I am very hopeful that she will assist with this.
    Brasse, halp!!

As mentioned up the thread, I too would pay monthly script provided there is VALUE on par with SL or better. RNG needs kicked to the curb, period. The list above is a great place to start!

1. Raids shall consist of 10 and 20 man.
    2. On launch an expansion shall have T-zero raids (10 and 20 man)
    3. All souls shall be scaled appropriately and properly.
    4. PvP shall be done appropriately and properly
    5. Conquest is mandatory!
    6. Class balance shall be done without playing class of the day/month/year.
    7. There shall be a proper advertising campaign to promote the game

Nerfs, Nerfed will be participation trophies and participation in making Rift what it should be and deserves to be.
    The wholesale decimation of the playerbase has gone on too long!

Nerfed will be the "Active Player Crisis"...

As some might think, this is not disparaging in any way shape or form, it's a plea that I think the community would be in perfect agreement with.
    Banned

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    -Class balance is a mess
    -PvP is destroyed
    -CQ
    -insane cash grabs
    -game thoroughly bugged
    -heavy RNG
    -heavy grinding

Yeah this is the reason why I quit playing Rift after a few years, and I still check the forums often hoping that Trion will make Rift a great game as it used to be, so I can install it again and gladly pay them in the process.

They need to realise that if they try to milk the low number of players for all their cash with stupid RNG boxes they're just making players lose interest in the monetization. Instead, make a great game again as it used to be in SL times, and the money will come naturally from players who enjoy the content, and want to support it.
    Last edited by Star Ocean; 12-14-2017 at 06:41 AM.

BMX
    Rift Master

Monetization without value to the player doesn't persist in revenue well.
    Effort put forth in ernest would bring players back in droves.
    When the roulette boxes get replaced with actual items for sale in the Riftstore, that too will be attractive. Prices need to reflect value to the player, just the same.

Funny how people don't like feeling like they are getting burned!
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    on the mount thing

in that case i just need to buy 42 boxes and get all my mounts then!

No, RNG has been super profitable for Trion, do you really Think they would remove it from this pack? Like i said: 1 in 42 of a chance to get one of your favorite mount, with a chance to get the same mount (you wouldnt want for an example) again.

I seriously can't understand how pricing and selling managed by Trion at all.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast