+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Desperate attempt?

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

The Orphiel's Mount Crate has been removed from the RIFT store - we listened to feedback, met internally to discuss and decided to pull it.

There are a TON of other great things going on for Fae Yule though, and folks seem to be enjoying them. =)

I can't speak for all the game design requests in this thread, other than to say that RIFT Dev is constantly evaluating and reviewing projects. We're all working toward getting things wrapped up before the holiday break (Trion kindly gives us the days off between Christmas and New Year's), so I wouldn't expect a whole lot of new communication until January.

Brasse

Plane Touched

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    The Orphiel's Mount Crate has been removed from the RIFT store - we listened to feedback, met internally to discuss and decided to pull it.

There are a TON of other great things going on for Fae Yule though, and folks seem to be enjoying them. =)

I can't speak for all the game design requests in this thread, other than to say that RIFT Dev is constantly evaluating and reviewing projects. We're all working toward getting things wrapped up before the holiday break (Trion kindly gives us the days off between Christmas and New Year's), so I wouldn't expect a whole lot of new communication until January.

Brasse
    you think we can't see whats going on and what even the fact it was in the store means? are people who got the pack getting it refunded or getting something extra? for what they payed i feel they should at lest get a 2nd mount of their choice from what was in the box.
    i know people payed for patron for a year so servers WILL be live for that long but players are really starting to worry about what that year will be like and if we will be live after that time. we see nothing from management that eases our feelings.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Shadowlander

What.... $100 for a mount? Seriously?

Brasse
    Appreciate the team listening to the community. Any chance we'll get a date for when we can expect some news about the other things going on with the team and the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Appreciate the team listening to the community. Any chance we'll get a date for when we can expect some news about the other things going on with the team and the game?
    The last I heard, we will get updates in January once the team is back to full strength after the holidays.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Brasse
    There are a ton of great things going on, there are issues as well but not so many posts about some of the good changes.

The added ways to get Intel are a big plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    The last I heard, we will get updates in January once the team is back to full strength after the holidays.
    Hmm... okay, not particularly thrilled about that given the mass of controversies lately but they've listened twice now. I'll wait and see what happens.

Shadowlander

Brasse
    Appreciate you guys reading our concerns. But I don't think the issue is with the mount itself. It's the cost. You need to look at how WoW sells stuff. I have bought myself and my wife plenty of stuff from the WoW store... pets and mounts mostly.

So let's look at it this way. I buy a mount for myself and my wife for $25 each. WoW just made $50. Those mounts are good on all of our characters. Then WoW sells some cute pets for $15 each. There's another $30 they made. Now they have $80 of my money. Trion sells a mount for $100. I won't buy even one. Trion makes $0.

Price low... sell lots.... price high... sell none.

Quote Originally Posted by Catgravy View Post
    Appreciate you guys reading our concerns. But I don't think the issue is with the mount itself. It's the cost. You need to look at how WoW sells stuff. I have bought myself and my wife plenty of stuff from the WoW store... pets and mounts mostly.

So let's look at it this way. I buy a mount for myself and my wife for $25 each. WoW just made $50. Those mounts are good on all of our characters. Then WoW sells some cute pets for $15 each. There's another $30 they made. Now they have $80 of my money. Trion sells a mount for $100. I won't buy even one. Trion makes $0.

Price low... sell lots.... price high... sell none.
    Not to mention the RNG of it. I thought it would be clear by now that people hate RNG when it comes to spending money. A lot more things would sell on the store if they had a set price and we knew exactly what we were getting. Instead of putting the "Premium" mounts in a box, put each one on the store for say $20 ea and you will sell a lot more.

We know the company needs more income but this isn't the right way of going about it. It seems desperate and the players feel gypped.

The company needs to spend more time on the game itself rather than the store. I would be more inclined to pay the $100 or the $250 for the Dragon's Hoard if the game didn't feel like such a drag with all the RNG, lack of content and class balance. I know it's holiday season but a new years resolution could be about bringing the game back to it's former glory. Starting with a lot more content and bringing classes up to par with each other.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    So... right now as it stands.
    -Class balance is a mess
    -end-game content is very weak and broken
    -PvP is destroyed
    -CQ
    -expansion half broken on launch
    -patch updates incredibly weak
    -class dev left and no one has replaced him
    -a change in payment to P2W
    -insane cash grabs
    -game thoroughly bugged
    -no comments about content in the pipeline
    -complete silence from the devs
    -heavy RNG
    -heavy grinding

Surely the team can see how bad it looks from the outside looking in, I don't understand why there isn't any dev communication. The game is mired in controversy right now. All of these problems (that list is very much incomplete), and we know the team is working on these challenge servers which is taking resources away from the mess that is the live game.

There needs to be a series of dialogues with the community, honest and brutal conversations.
    Agree. The nail in the coffin for me is that they have not only given up on trying to create content that is challenging and fun enough that people would pay to play it, but have instead seem to have intentionally made it mind-numbingly monotonous enough that people will pay $250 to avoid playing it i.e. the grind for CI

General of Telara

It is good they turned it off. That thing shouldnt exist.

The question I have to ask is how this even got into the game in the first place? In the meeting did no-one say "hey you know 100 quid for 1 random mount is insane right? we aren't really going to do this right?" I am bewildered as to how Trion didn't think this was just awful, cynical and unabashed greed in the first place. Why does it take the playerbase to tell you that 100 quid for ONE mount is just horrendous? I would be ashamed of myself if I did something like this.

I am sorry but this was a really poor decision and one I hope is never repeated.
    Last edited by Balidin; 12-14-2017 at 03:11 PM.

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slaybae View Post
    in that case i just need to buy 42 boxes and get all my mounts then!

No, RNG has been super profitable for Trion, do you really Think they would remove it from this pack? Like i said: 1 in 42 of a chance to get one of your favorite mount, with a chance to get the same mount (you wouldnt want for an example) again.

Just think how profitable it could be if we had a 50% increase in active players.

Was the creation of SL setting the bar too high?

Enquiring minds wanna know!
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    It is good they turned it off. That thing shouldnt exist.

The question I have to ask is how this even got into the game in the first place? In the meeting did no-one say "hey you know 100 quid for 1 random mount is insane right? we aren't really going to do this right?" I am bewildered as to how Trion didn't think this was just awful, cynical and unabashed greed in the first place. Why does it take the playerbase to tell you that 100 quid for ONE mount is just horrendous? I would be ashamed of myself if I did something like this.

I am sorry but this was a really poor decision and one I hope is never repeated.
    Pretty much this^

Are the people who came up with the fairly priced $15-$20 bundles that include mounts, lvl boosts, bags etc even sitting in the same room with the $100 RNG lockbox folks?
    Because it seems like theres some serious cross wires with that decision process & especially at the moment with the EA Star Wars frenzy its like someone is either just messing about or hasnt been keeping up on current events.

You do yourself no favours Trion

Soulwalker

Default It is desperate...

It all feels so broken, and forced. I feel like I'm playing a patchwork game, with sad consolation prizes that I have to buy because they have to appease me to some degree as a paying customer. However, they aren't consolations if I have to pay for them, and as you are currently the target of a cyber attack I also feel very uncomfortable having any of my financials attached to my account, so I removed them.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Not to mention the RNG of it. I thought it would be clear by now that people hate RNG when it comes to spending money. A lot more things would sell on the store if they had a set price and we knew exactly what we were getting. Instead of putting the "Premium" mounts in a box, put each one on the store for say $20 ea and you will sell a lot more.

We know the company needs more income but this isn't the right way of going about it. It seems desperate and the players feel gypped.

The company needs to spend more time on the game itself rather than the store. I would be more inclined to pay the $100 or the $250 for the Dragon's Hoard if the game didn't feel like such a drag with all the RNG, lack of content and class balance. I know it's holiday season but a new years resolution could be about bringing the game back to it's former glory. Starting with a lot more content and bringing classes up to par with each other.
    Quit this game for a year because of RNG. I play now but don't participate in endgame because of the negative things I hear about it from players trying to complete the grind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast