+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: request for producer's letter

Plane Walker

Default request for producer's letter

There seem to be a lot of cool things in the store today. For cold hard cash you can be t2 ready it seems (although that eternal grind...)

Anyway, I know a guy who one year dropped $500 on some golf clubs. Good investment, he still uses them (you know cause he still golfs).

If I'm going to drop $500 on this game, it would be nice to see some long term vision and some goals and (fill in the blank) from the producer before I do that. @archonix?

@yaivey? can you pass this along please? Communication on this would mean a lot.

A specific question: is the vision for rift going forward to be pay to win? (yes, yes, you can all debate what "winning" means - I know it's rather subjective and everyone has their opinion). But still, $500 is a lot of cash.

I'm sure others may have other questions they would want to hear about in a producer's letter too.

p.s. please increase the intel drop amounts from normal dailies if you are going to go around handing out 100k intel (plus bonuses from patron etc?) for cash. By reducing the amounts available to us in a reasonable fashion (leech hill I'm looking at you), you drive up the demand for silly amounts of intel like this and tarnish the effort that many have put in to max out their intel so far.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Lightbulb

Heya! We are working on trying to get a producer's letter up for the new year but it likely won't be until after Fae Yule. We know you are waiting and apologize for the lack of communication.

Soulwalker

I think given the T2 jewelry now coming from boxes with intel, the existing terrible intel grind, and the announcement of a $250 pack that comes with intel, we don't need a letter.

The writing is on the wall that rift has gone p2w and a 5.0 is looking less likely.

We never get straight answers or updates, so I can only assume they want to cash in before shutting down and are hoping some people will be foolish enough to buy this stuff.

Soulwalker

I second that. Even though my join date says 2017, I'm playing this game for 3 years now. With much gusto for the first two years. Right now things go downhill very fast. More and more grind and money is asked for less and less content. I'm not a happy customer at the moment. And I'll think twice before I'll invest any more money I've grinded very hard for in real life!

It's the first time in the F2P history of RIFT that you can buy actual bis-raidgear with money. Till today you just had the possibility to close the gap faster to the raiders and still was not so good equippt as a raider. And again there are items you need and they need an "endlessly" amount of intel, just to summarize it:
    • 275k for the new 5 jewelery (if you are lucky to get the ones you want in first try and as tank and dd/healer/supp you mostly need at least 2 sets)
    • 60k for 1 trinkets (with complete roleset you maybe want 3 - 5 of them)
    • 27k for one essencespack (also you need at least 2 of them)
    • 89k for helmet and range weapon (because it seems that no T2 helmet or rangeweapon are in the lootlist)
    • 16k for the wonderful jetpack (i had never bought this one if i had known before i need such numbers of the intels)
    • maybe some extra i have forgotten here or will implemented in future

Really and then every possiblity to get some intels with ingameevents brings just up to about 100 intels (okay T2 Raidbosses brings some more, but just get them down).I am playing this game since beta with two breaks, one after the decision to close Feenring (old german rppvpserver) 3 days before SWTOR went online (really which guy make such a decision) and one short after NT start when you finished quest and there was nothing to do (was really disappointing). And i came back twice because i gave you a second and third chance. This game have so much potential (just my opinon with best classsystem with many posibillities, so sad that almost every class have broken souls, a great story if someone just read it constantly, almost a wonderful community with some annoying people, but not so much as you can fin in other games, dimension for many creative people a way to have fun, big wardrobe system and some other stuff). It makes me really sad that now a way was chosen to this game in the position that all P2W-games went before dying, just one big example Marvel Universe.

Really i don't know, if will play much more after this patchday, i will have to think about it ...

A very disappointed customer.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Heya! We are working on trying to get a producer's letter up for the new year but it likely won't be until after Fae Yule. We know you are waiting and apologize for the lack of communication.
    Thanks, Yaviey! I'm not sure I agree with the timing being when you state (I think everyone interested would say sooner rather than later) but I'm looking forward to what it has to say. I think there are some things directly related to Fae Yule and recent store developments that might be better to communicate about sooner. If not in a producer's letter, then perhaps in this weeks' live stream?

To other posters: to (try and) keep this constructive, feel free to add on what you might like to see addressed in a Producer's letter. Looking forward to hearing from Archonix soon(ish).

Happy Fae Yule!

Soulwalker

I can say as a recently returning player that the forums have been very discouraging and the lack of communication from devs has made it worse. Then to see p2w items in store for very large amounts of money has effectively pushed me away from my decision to invest time or support (money) in the game. I'm not up to date with all the existing problems and progress with the game so I could be wrong but on the surface it definitely does not look like a game that's flourishing. I'll end up devoting all my time to gw2, a game that communicates constantly and doesn't require insane amounts of time or money to be competitive.

I think now is the time for more communication. The direction of game, missing devs, and p2w? I think players may suspect that the game might not be around much longer and an even larger exodus may occur. Will players trust info from a producer's letter? I hope to get honest state of the game with future plans.

I think Trion should break with tradition of one producers letter per year.

I think the players are crying out for some updates from the senior bods, by releasing a (albeit possibly shorter) producers letter before Christmas it may help light things up for the new year, if people are enthused by some things coming their way in the next couple of months it may stave off some of the very visible frustrations being expressed both in game and beyond with the direction (or perceived lack thereof) that things are going in.

You could follow it up in springtime with a "here's what we are gonna do next...this summer is going to be all about.."...you catch my drift?

2 or more per year would go a long way to address players longer term worries.

But...and it's a big but....do you want to wait until after Christmas, after all the longer you wait, the greater the risk that more players will depart and go to the shiny new things to do in other games.

A timely reminder...in the past and especially in the early days of RIFT, the buzz around the game was maintained by constant communication with the players, making sure they understood what was about to happen and there was information about the next update as soon as the current one landed (if not before).

It currently feels like players have to glean information from livestreams, dev posts, occasional snippets on forums or social media sites or from word of mouth on other forums or from the dedicated dataminers trying to keep things fresh by giving people some updates on all the cool stuff coming soon.

The above, though fine in theory, detracts from the experience now, too much time spent faffing about on all these sites = less time to actually play the game and in the current economic and geopolitical climate worldwide "spare" time is an ever decreasing luxury for people.

Perhaps a Producers "update" in the next week would be a good step forward in getting your players back onboard with what is going on both in front of everyone and a bit of behind the scenes would not hurt.....there needs to be a whiteboard though
    Last edited by AtoningUnifex; 12-08-2017 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    I think Trion should break with tradition of one producers letter per year.

I think the players are crying out for some updates from the senior bods, by releasing a (albeit possibly shorter) producers letter before Christmas it may help light things up for the new year, if people are enthused by some things coming their way in the next couple of months it may stave off some of the very visible frustrations being expressed both in game and beyond with the direction (or perceived lack thereof) that things are going in.

Perhaps a Producers "update" in the next week would be a good step forward in getting your players back onboard with what is going on both in front of everyone and a bit of behind the scenes would not hurt.....there needs to be a whiteboard though
    Thats why I kept asking State of Game statement coming from produce instead of yearly producer letter stuff, when I saw patch notes I was like omg something really positive started to happen but that CI boxes overshadowed all goods happen.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Rift Chaser

I am interested to hear about plans for soul changes/balancing. There are a lot of issues out there, but the general feeling lately is that it is not worth our time compiling them and getting our hopes up for changes.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Default Crazy inlet Farm

I just want to add after reading comments not only is that pack ridiculously expensive they give really crazy amounts to farm i mean getting past 5k intel is a mission why is this? is it not enough that we are made to farm 100 000s of Planirite i would rather kill 1000 elite mobs or whatever than be afk all day just for some intel i do not have the trinket prolly wont have it soon either as i dont have the time to AFK or run around for events 1st off some people have real lives 2nd there is so much else to do in the game farming intel seems to be the 1st i forget

We got a little response from Brasse
    http://massivelyop.com/2017/12/08/ri...l-money-sales/

Plane Walker

I am not sure that Yaviey is going to follow up with this thread now that she has moved on to other things.

So, @Brasse, if you could pass along our thoughts for a producer's letter we would sure appreciate it. If you would rather we post in a different thread that would be great to know too.

Short thought: it would be better to hear stuff from the dev/producer team sooner rather than later. I fear that waiting until the new year for such communication would be counter-productive.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    We got a little response from Brasse
    http://massivelyop.com/2017/12/08/ri...l-money-sales/
    That article also links to a reddit discussion between Clowd, Brasse and others:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...aches/dr0ai50/.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast