+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Dragon's Hoard Pack

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

Default Dragon's Hoard Pack

Edit: As of 12/9/17 a new Official Feed back thread has been opened up here: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...off-store.html While I appreciate the replies this thread has received since Thursday, I think it's best to give as much feedback as you can on the official section.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first question is why? Is developing really hurting that badly that you're asking people to pay $250 for a pack that's arguably not even worth that much?
    Edit: Captured Intel will not be gained through pretty much everything with the exception of warfronts it seems (which i'm personally fine with) http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5331571

20k Captured Intel Cache (x5) - We asked for intel to be given for more if not all current level activities as it is an open world currency, but instead you have to buy it with real money if you want to speed up the "farming" process?

Widow/s Makers Costume Bundle / Egg Sac - Supposed to be available at Autumn Harvest and the last we heard from Archonix is that we would get an update on that soon (at the time). This is a real kick in the holiday chestnuts.

Orphiel's Mount Crate - ONE out of 42 tradable mounts. I guess one could argue you that the mount you get could be worth a lot of plat to someone willing to pay, but you could also get something that's already on the auction house for a couple of thousand plat which isn't much these days. If someone's going to pay $250 for this pack then give them all 42 mounts and actually make it worth their while.

The greenscale mount is certainly cool looking, but not worth the price unless you're giving all of the mounts out and or at least a 1 year patron pass with it. Piling this on top of the fact that we're forced into buying T2 jewelry from RNG boxes (instead of getting them from raids) with 5 suffixes along with everything mentioned above is severely disappointing.
    https://giphy.com/gifs/captain-facep...-XsUtdIeJ0MWMo
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 12-09-2017 at 07:15 PM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Shadowlander Madarablackgetsuga's Avatar

^ is there any way we can at least get Greenscale seperate for people who dont want to fork over the 250$? and also maybe add in the mount crate to the Fae Yule sparkle box after the first completion?
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post

severely. :| disappointing
    Agreed. As soon as I saw how much more rng and p2w this is I just cancel my patron and will be returning to wow. If you don't like it vote with your wallet and don't give Trion a penny more.
    Casual

Champion

People seem to be overlooking the loyalty you get from it, that's the main reason a lot of people would buy it. The rest is basically fluff. If you just want the loyalty it's actually a really great deal.
    Last edited by Artak; 12-07-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Ascendant

All this for a mere 250 bucks? Sheesh, as soon as my hands stop trembling I will log in and buy at least a dozen of these!

Honestly Trion... for 250$ you can get access to *all* of WoW for *20* months. The prices on the Rift shop have always been through the roof, but this here is just laughable.

The sad thing is I'm likely to buy this, with this pack I'm fully geared and I really don't want to grind any intel in vostigar peaks. I haven't even got the trinket yet.

Do token potions work when opening these?
    Fwob - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    The sad thing is I'm likely to buy this, with this pack I'm fully geared and I really don't want to grind any intel in vostigar peaks. I haven't even got the trinket yet.

Do token potions work when opening these?
    I get bonuses from intel in lockboxes (just checked) so they should work on the caches when you open them.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 12-07-2017 at 09:56 AM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

General of Telara

This pack is all about the loyalty. 5m is more than half of max loyalty (9m to go from green to max). People playing this game have spent thousands to get to max loyalty and this pack lets you catch up very fast- pretty disappointing for those that have already spent the money though.

Confirmation that the caches don't give bonuses.

Soulwalker

So my options to continue raiding T2 in Rift involve spending hours AFK waiting for events OR paying $250 for the intel? Pretty crap move from a company that's had a year of crap moves.

Think I will be spending more time in WoW and not renewing my patron when it's up. This game has gone too hard on the p2w, and considering the devs tell us nothing, I can only assume this is a final crash grab.

Please everyone, vote with your wallets, you don't want to end up like the people who dumped hundreds on Marvel Heroes when trion follows their path.

Confirmation that the caches don't give bonuses.
    Also confirmed, shame but yes the loyalty is absolutely insane. It's almost worth it just for this!
    Fwob - Zaviel

My first question is why? Is developing really hurting that badly that you're asking people to pay $250 for a pack that's arguably not even worth that much?

20k Captured Intel Cache (x5) - We asked for intel to be given for more if not all current level activities as it is an open world currency, but instead you have to buy it with real money if you want to speed up the "farming" process?

Widow/s Makers Costume Bundle / Egg Sac - Supposed to be available at Autumn Harvest and the last we heard from Archonix is that we would get an update on that soon (at the time). This is a real kick in the holiday chestnuts.

Orphiel's Mount Crate - ONE out of 42 tradable mounts. I guess one could argue you that the mount you get could be worth a lot of plat to someone willing to pay, but you could also get something that's already on the auction house for a couple of thousand plat which isn't much these days. If someone's going to pay $250 for this pack then give them all 42 mounts and actually make it worth their while.

The greenscale mount is certainly cool looking, but not worth the price unless you're giving all of the mounts out and or at least a 1 year patron pass with it. Piling this on top of the fact that we're forced into buying T2 jewelry from RNG boxes (instead of getting them from raids) with 5 suffixes along with everything mentioned above is severely disappointing.
    https://giphy.com/gifs/captain-facep...-XsUtdIeJ0MWMo

As stated on my previous post, it's actually very much worth it for someone like me. Shame it's only 100k, but I hate grinding the vostigar peaks stuff, so this has saved a massive headache, while at the same time giving me 2 unique mounts, one I can sell for a load and the loyalty is utterly insane. I just skipped black tier and went straight into half white. For a dimension nerd or completion obsessive this is pretty worth it if you got the 200 to spare.
    Fwob - Zaviel

Telaran

I would have bought this if they didn't *** PvP this bad....

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Pffft, $250? wouldn't even get you a corvette in Star Citizen.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tocadordetuba View Post
    So my options to continue raiding T2 in Rift involve spending hours AFK waiting for events OR paying $250 for the intel? Pretty crap move from a company that's had a year of crap moves.
    And that in an expansion we had to buy, with the promise there won't be further pay-to-progress hurdles like in the previous f2p one...
    Anyway, I gave up on progressing many weeks ago, nothing about it is remotely fun or satisfying anymore.

Sure these packs may be a bargain if you're after the loyalty, but the collected intel grind is nothing short of ridiculous, having you bum around in one zone for months with a hand full of boring zone events (that on top still make my client crash almost every time I try to actually participate)
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast