+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smellwhat

Thread: T2 items purchaseable with open world currency?!

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    10

    Default T2 items purchaseable with open world currency?!

    ITEMS
    * The Uttila merchant has been updated with Vostigar Commander Jewelry Boxes! At 15,000 Intel, these boxes will net you tier 2 jewelry that can be upgraded.
    Why are we supposed to buy t2 items with open world currency?

    Shouldn´t these atleast be purchased with like the actual tier 2 currency and furthermore not for an horrendous amount of it.
    I mean with 15k intel each we are talking about like 2+ weeks worth of grinding provided u do all daylies/weeklies and clear BoS especially if u consider that u not just get the piece of loot u want, no u are buying a chance to get what u want

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crysaris View Post
    Why are we supposed to buy t2 items with open world currency?

    Shouldn´t these atleast be purchased with like the actual tier 2 currency and furthermore not for an horrendous amount of it.
    I mean with 15k intel each we are talking about like 2+ weeks worth of grinding provided u do all daylies/weeklies and clear BoS especially if u consider that u not just get the piece of loot u want, no u are buying a chance to get what u want
    Upgrade is also asking for Stellar Trigger which is 40k captured intel, rings and earrings are not unique unlike T1 drops and having suffixes too, so getting conqueror/vindicator at least for dps means you will keep rolling boxes and considering you will need 2 of them.

    In most luckiest scenario if you get what you deserved for all 5 slots cost is 75k intel for just unupgraded bases and 200k for upgrading total cost is 275k intel.
    If you are patron you can farm 47k intel per week that means you need 6 weeks to farm total intel needed for this scenario.


    Here is screenshot for upgrade paths


    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  3. #3
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,455

    Default

    Nobody but the top 0.1% is farming 47k a week though.

    I wonder if I will ever complete t2 gear.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Nobody but the top 0.1% is farming 47k a week though.

    I wonder if I will ever complete t2 gear.
    I know plenty people on EU farming it every week and its easy with token tablet which u need only 13k intel and doable in 3 days with just zone event farming but still its so much for upgrading them.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Because they just dropped a pack into the store for $250 that nets you 100k intel (plus bonus from patron etc?).

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Poshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smellwhat View Post
    Because they just dropped a pack into the store for $250 that nets you 100k intel (plus bonus from patron etc?).
    I don't think you get any boost bonuses for the caches in those purchase packs. You would hit your weekly max off one cache of 20k if running a vial.

  7. #7
    Telaran Zysa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Caches doesn't count to weekly limit and doesn't get boost by vials, but from treasure map and maybe other things. Also you can buy 3 different caches every day and if you have too much money you can even buy the boglingpackage as often as you ant, there is no limit on that package.

  8. #8
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I don't think you get any boost bonuses for the caches in those purchase packs. You would hit your weekly max off one cache of 20k if running a vial.
    So intel from cache also subject of cap?
    Related question: do token tablets stack?
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts