+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NEW AND IMPROVED FAELIGHT SPARKLE EXTRAVAGANZA

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The quest can be completed once per Fae Yule event.

It does not say weekly in the quest log, nor does it have the circular quest icon as weeklies traditionally do.
    Understandable, but in that case, the following quote from the "Fae Yule is Here!" announcement on these forums is very misleading in that regard:

Earn Tier 2 gear with each turn in. As an added bonuses, the first time completing this quest rewards the new Gumdrop Levitation mount as well!
    From: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...7-jan-4-a.html

That wording strongly implies the ability to turn in multiple times. I know plenty of people raced to finish the 500 with that belief in it being repeatable.

I do appreciate the clarification. Sorry if I seem like a Grumbling Gus; this just confused a lot of people since it wasn't very clear from the outset; I've never done a Faelight Sparkles quest in my memory.
    Last edited by Iphigeneia; 12-10-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #32
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iphigeneia View Post
    That wording strongly implies the ability to turn in multiple times. I know plenty of people raced to finish the 500 with that belief in it being repeatable.
    The quest will return next year. This current (3rd) Faelight quest is fully incorporated into the Fae Yule schedule, unlike previous appearances. Only the first turn in (everyone that does it this year), will include the Gumdrop Levitation mount.

This also means it will clean up after itself like other Fae Yule quests. Once Fae Yule is over, this quest will go away until next winter.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Master

Ahhh. That makes sense. Thank you for clearing that up.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Rift Disciple

The quest can be completed once per Fae Yule event.

It does not say weekly in the quest log, nor does it have the circular quest icon as weeklies traditionally do.

That is not entirely accurate.

There was no Faelight Sparkle quest at all last year. The year before that (2015) was when there was last a Faelight Sparkle quest, and it was a one time only quest (non-repeatable).

Three years ago (2014) is when the first Faelight Sparkle quest ran, and that was weekly.
    What it says and what it really does in game don't always match up, like how it says it awards a piece of gear from BoS, yet those that have completed it already got a piece of gear from the store. Will we be able to trade that in for a BoS piece instead?? Especially those that got the helmet from the store..
    Last edited by Parkhyeyeon; 12-11-2017 at 04:37 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhyeyeon View Post
    What it says and what it really does in game don't always match up, like how it says it awards a piece of gear from BoS, yet those that have completed it already got a piece of gear from the store. Will we be able to trade that in for a BoS piece instead?? Especially those that got the helmet from the store..
    I'd suggest removing the helmet from the loot table, if that hasn't been done already. The crafted helmets are clearly intended to be best, so helmets shouldn't be in these boxes.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    I'd suggest removing the helmet from the loot table, if that hasn't been done already. The crafted helmets are clearly intended to be best, so helmets shouldn't be in these boxes.
    The loot was intended to be from the raid, of which there is no helmet drops. So those that finished it already, especially those that got the helmet, not knowing that the box wasn't giving the correct loot, should be allowed to trade in for the correct drops.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #37
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhyeyeon View Post
    The loot was intended to be from the raid, of which there is no helmet drops. So those that finished it already, especially those that got the helmet, not knowing that the box wasn't giving the correct loot, should be allowed to trade in for the correct drops.
    The quest reward simply says "Contains a present from Bastion of Steel!" - the contents were created as part of the Bastion of Steel raid, are purchasable with currency earned by killing bosses in Bastion of Steel, and upgrade to the same level of Bastion of Steel boss drops.

This is Bastion of Steel gear.

But to reduce confusion, the wording is being changed to "Contains a Bastion of Steel level raid item!" in the next update.

As to the helmet, it is exists because some members of the raiding community requested it. One was not released with BoS because the internal thinking was that yes, the Planar Crafted one is BiS. But due to player requests, one was created and added to the Bastion of Steel store items a few weeks after BoS released.

Which is all to say the current rewards are as intended and not changing.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Soulwalker

As to the helmet, it is exists because some members of the raiding community requested it. One was not released with BoS because the internal thinking was that yes, the Planar Crafted one is BiS. But due to player requests, one was created and added to the Bastion of Steel store items a few weeks after BoS released.

For those that are don't have the Planar Crafted helmet, I think this is a great idea to allow them to be competitive.

However, for those of us that have put in the work to create and upgrade the Planar Crafted one, can you put in some simple logic to prevent the helmet from being a reward option so that we don't spend our time grinding the sparkles to end up with a helmet that we won't ever use? It's frustrating enough to get a piece a gear we already have with the normal monthly sparkle quest.

The Sparkle Box is always random. If the helmet is an available piece it should be on the table. What about those folks that have BoS gear from killing bosses? Should there be programming to make sure they don't get the Leg armor when they already have it? It's random, and sometimes RNG gives us a bad roll. I finished Fae Sparkle twice when it first came out and got tank gear both times, and I don't tank. One of the pieces were shoulders, but I already had DPS shoulders. In order to proscribe some logic to the chaos of RNG, I put it down to the fact that I stole all those present under the Fae Yule trees from the Fae that were marching around it.

This is disappointing all around then. As a raider, the currency we get from raiding should suffice to supplement any drops we are missing. So it somewhat feels like doing this quest is a waste of time for us. Also, as many of us were unaware that this is a one time quest based on the wording, I think many would have spent their time farming planarite this weekend rather than chasing zone events (in even low level zones I might add). For the amount of effort put in, it seems like a slap to give someone a piece of gear that is mostly crappy (and very crappy if you get the 300 hit helm which is worse in every way than the crafted helm that requires you do zero raiding and has 325 hit which lines up with T2).

I don't speak for everyone of course but I do kinda feel like the rug was just pulled out from under me. Wasted time for sure.

Thanks for clarifying Tacitus even if it's not the answer I was hoping for.

Shadowlander

The helmet only has 300 hit, it's not usable for future tiers if you even release another

The quest reward simply says "Contains a present from Bastion of Steel!" - the contents were created as part of the Bastion of Steel raid, are purchasable with currency earned by killing bosses in Bastion of Steel, and upgrade to the same level of Bastion of Steel boss drops.

This is Bastion of Steel gear.

But to reduce confusion, the wording is being changed to "Contains a Bastion of Steel level raid item!" in the next update.

Just some thoughts. Any possibility of having an *OR* choice if the HELM drops. If you think about it from the players standpoint, this would be a downgrade to the crafted helm, and a *HUGE* let down if they obtained the helm Not sure if its possible or simply just the luck of the draw, but getting the helm would be a pretty big bummer to those who have invested so much time and money into upgrading the crafting helm.

To anyone else who is new and has not received the helm prior to the event, it sounds okay, but perhaps allowing the people to have a one-time exchange opportunity? I dunno, just thinking out loud here and feeling bad if raiders get the helm !
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Telaran

Not only hardcore raiders use crafted helms, but also by far most other raiders.
    So you are saying that this box has got a chance to drop something which is completely useless to most raiders?
    That is clearly poorly designed.
    Last edited by Dico; 12-12-2017 at 05:29 AM.

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    and most of the times RNG gives us a bad roll
    fixed that for you
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Default Wouldn't it be nice ...

... if - while doing all what's needed to get the sparkles - we could look forward to have it finished! As it's now, I'm more afraid to finally collect my reward than looking forward to it. If it's the helm ...

The reward could be a huge sum of intels. Or datagrams. Or - gasp - a stellar trigger! It would be so easy to make your players happy instead of angry!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast