+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Keyens our Class balancer developer has left RIFT...........

Plane Touched

just wondering if we could get a state of game letter or something soon, should we all be worried about rift?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerloose View Post
    just wondering if we could get a state of game letter or something soon, should we all be worried about rift?
    Yea its time to have a serious discussion about where Rift is heading. This year Darkmoon, Gingers, and Kerilar are the Three other developers that left as well from trion and keyens is the fourth one so far.

Seriously hoping trion gives us more logical answers than ''we are doing alright! pvp and raids and blah blah blah are all spelendid''. For real its time to grow a thicker skin.

Telaran

Im afraid this thread will have the same future ahead of it as estimated 99% of all other threads. It probably will just be ignored until the players also dont care anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by IneedMoney View Post
    Im afraid this thread will have the same future ahead of it as estimated 99% of all other threads. It probably will just be ignored until the players also dont care anymore...
    This x 10000

I am so disgusted by how trion keeps ignoring us. If they actually want to suceed, something is veryvery wrong @trionheadquarters. And not only keyens needed to get out
    Last edited by HeLLBoY77; 11-30-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Thanks for the memes, class balance, healer changes, and mystic archer.
    Maybe these failures are part of why he left.
    I wish him more success in his next job, but I wonder who will take care of our classes now? Even if 4.x class changes and ways gear impacts them were mostly bad, I hope not to be stuck with current state of things until the end...
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 11-30-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Champion

Lots of different things to mull over here deciding how I feel about this.

Personally I was most certainly not a fan of Keyens and his take on classes and tbh I don't think he had thick enough skin when it came to dealing with players. I know it's hard having to deal with players, especially in games that have been around awhile as the playerbase tends to get a little more bitter, but it's to be expected that most of the feedback you get isn't going to be positive and he seemed to take everything extra personally. I mean when players are unhappy with changes they're likely going to let you know about it but when they're happy they aren't writing thank you notes they're playing.

Anyway I know I preferred class balance when Vladd and Kervik were primarily handling class balance. I mean iirc there was more "forced 61pt" builds for wars(my main) at the time which obviously not great is still better than what wars have now with pretty much all of our viable ST builds being a weird mess of hybrids based on aoe and healing souls to do ST damage that don't work if you can't melee or even if you can melee but the bosses have large hitboxes.

Obviously there is some concern now about the going forward. It seemed(key word as I don't know that actual inner workings) like Vladd has moved to a more senior leadership role with less to do with class balance so does he move back to his old role? Do they have him do both his current job as well as being the fulltime class dev? It seems like he's already stretched thin as it is tbh. Do they have a unknown dev waiting in the wings to take over the classes? Do they plan to actually pony up and pay someone new to come in an handle it? And if so I imagine it'll take awhile to catch up on how things work etc. The fact his departure was not actually announced here officially which is what seems to happen when the more recognizable devs move typically just to kinda say "thanks to Trion for the opportunity and here let me introduce you to the guy/gal who will be taking care of you now" makes me wonder if either his leaving wasn't on the best of terms or if they just wanted to keep it more on the downlow because they don't have a "succession" plan in place yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Darkmoon, Gingers, and Kerilar are the Three other developers that left as well from trion and keyens is the fourth one so far.
    FWIW two of them, Darkmoon(Trove) and Kerilar(Defiance), just went to different games at Trion afaik so not like a mass exodus of the company altogether.
    Last edited by Artak; 11-30-2017 at 10:12 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22

It's with a heavy heart that we can confirm that Keyens is no longer with Trion. However, don't fret! The RIFT team is packed with talented, hard-working people who will have no problem continuing to make the game a wonderful experience, and we have the utmost faith that theyll continue to build and grow the RIFT universe in amazing ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    It's with a heavy heart that we can confirm that Keyens is no longer with Trion. However, don't fret! The RIFT team is packed with talented, hard-working people who will have no problem continuing to make the game a wonderful experience, and we have the utmost faith that theyll continue to build and grow the RIFT universe in amazing ways.
    Ain't that reassuring?

It isn't. Who will be taking over Keyens job now Yavi?

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Ain't that reassuring?

It isn't. Who will be taking over Keyens job now Yavi?
    We are still evaluating this and will report back when we have something final.

Can you at least confirm whether or not someone will be added to the team to replace him?
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.

Telaran

So no class balance changes for the next half year. Looks like all warriors can quit now and find a new game they not are screwed.

Arbosch Bloodforge

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #27

Keyens will definitely be missed.

It's hard losing a member of the team, even when it's just a transfer to another project internally, more so when they ride off into the sunset when new and exciting opportunities arise. We wish him all the best, and hope to cross paths again someday!

While it's true the team has some big shoes to fill, I'm confident they are up to the task.

Soulwalker

How long before they announce Rift will not put out another xpac and will only service what is out

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Keyens will definitely be missed.

It's hard losing a member of the team, even when it's just a transfer to another project internally, more so when they ride off into the sunset when new and exciting opportunities arise. We wish him all the best, and hope to cross paths again someday!

While it's true the team has some big shoes to fill, I'm confident they are up to the task.
    Well that's certainly gonna wear down the playerbase until the next expac with the lack of class balance.

Let's just be clear, there is no need to appoint a new class balance developer if they aren't willing to reslove +6 months old bugs that we have constructively reported and that we have reminded Trion from time to time, im just saying but i dont belive the next person filling in Keyens shoes will win our trust.

Plane Walker

RoughRaptors for class dev

#BloodFever2018
    Koz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast