+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A list of community suggestions

Default A list of community suggestions

We all love Rift, it's a fun game, with a TON to explore, and a complex class system with a stupidly gigantic amount of variety.

However, there are some issues cropping up, and I can't help but feel that these are the same issues we have seen in past expansions. I'm talking about catch up mechanics, how upgrades are organized, and the overall variety of build options for raiding.

The way I see it, raiding is the largest portion of end-game content, with the open world events and quests providing something to do during down time to prepare yourself and enhance your power for Raiding. I believe the pool of potential raiders will be small if the design is excluding people away from raiding due to lengthy time requirements, or lengthy gearing requirements. I believe this is part of the reason why we saw so few guilds hit the Tier 3 raids in previous expansions (such as Infernal Dawn, Bindings of Blood, and Mind of Madness).

Furthermore, a lot of raiding guilds require players to have met basic gear/stat requirements to join them for new raid tiers. This makes sense, as often you don't want an undergeared player to hold you back from progression.

Rift is entering, once again, a period where the requirements to gear up for raiding prevent would-be raiders that have the skill, but not necessarily the time, from participating in raids. On top of this, current itemization and eternal weapon procs have caused several specs to be come irrelevant.

To address this, I suggest the following:

Catch Up Mechanic Ideas
    • Remove Wicket requirement OR make Wicket level faster (less XP per level) OR increase Wicket's stamina
    • Halve the "Rift" and "Colossi" requirement for the eternal (this is largely a time sink)
    • Make the "expert" dungeon portion 100 bosses (if not possible, then 30-40 dungeons)
    • Lower iRotP boss kill requirement so it does not take 4 months to get the final Eternal stage. I want to say 8 kills sounds more acceptable (2 months) for the power provided.
    • Make DRR essences bind on equip (and lower their overall power in the process). This would allow guildies to farm essences for their guild-mates who can't always find the time to participate, but have the time to join raids.
    • Queen's Foci Essences should be on par with DRRs for essences. This would provide an additional means to farm essences, and make the instance, which is part of LFR, relevant again.
    • Add rewards for queuing in LFR WITHOUT a full 10-man group! Rewards should be bonus tokens and plat, at the minimum. This should be set to reward only once per day.
    • Lowered "Celestial Matrix" and "Invasion" costs for Planar Crafted gear (at least up until T2 raid quality)
    • Remove Captured Intel. Make Celestial Essence THE open world token. In addition to this, completion of weeklies should provide a component needed, alongside CE, to purchase "Vostigar Veteran's" gear, which upgrades to T1 levels. This same component could also be upgraded (similar to amenders) to upgrade T1/T2 raid gear.
    • If there is no interest in removing Captured Intel, then please add it as a reward to all 4.0 dailies, dungeon queues, LFR queues, and zone event bosses in all zones.

Rewards
    • The login rewards calendar should no longer rewards void stone, award Marks of Prophecy, or give dream orbs.
    • Add new "Planar Crafted" seals!
    • The existing upgrade components using dungeon marks should be useful to LFR/T1 gear. As of right now, Marks of Prophecy don't really have a use, but they accumulate from the rewards calendar.

Class Balance
    The goal of these suggestions is to lower the power discrepancy, and address a long standing concern with Beast Master
    • Remove the Eternal procs entirely. These are way too difficult to balance, and throw off how several souls play too much (IMHO). Maybe have them provide a flat "base damage" bonus as they level instead of requiring a trigger. Increase the "ilvl" modifier for Eternal quality to compensate, or give the eternal stages a far larger ilvl boost.
    • For Beast Master - Swap "Command to Attack" with "Fury Unleashed", removing the legendary version of "Fury Unleashed" and replacing it with "Legendary Command to Attack", whose raid buff portion now acts like Archon's Legendary Flaring Power.

Planar Fragments
    These need to be reworked and simplified. The current system is too complex to new players, and it is not clear or easy to understand what you should/shouldn't infuse, and what is best to equip. Further, the current "Tier" system is opposite to how "Tier" has been used everywhere else in the game (where higher "Tier" = better).

If we want to make gearing up and catching up easier for new players, or even alts, then this system needs to be addressed and made relevant.
    • Make higher "Tier" values for fragments mean higher stats
    • Tier + Quality of fragment = max potential stat AND infusion level
    • No primary stats on Fragments. Tertiary ONLY! Attack/Spell power, Physical/Spell Crit, Crit Power, Guard, Dodge, Block, and Max Health. That's 10 different stats to worry about slotting, creating a lot to min/max and worry about!
    • The Fragment UI should list slots by element in easy to read rows instead of the current "gear slot" UI.
    • Everyone should get 2 slots for all 6 elements for a total of 12 fragments.

There are a lot of potential changes that I believe can be done to really help the Rift community prosper, provide more variety in how the open world end-game plays, and help provide incentives for high tier end-game raiders to join in with those who are still gearing and leveling.
    Last edited by Clowd; 11-28-2017 at 08:15 AM.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Shadowlander Madarablackgetsuga's Avatar

Yes, this. I did make a similar document to this so Iím even gonna post my document.

Captured Intel grind (Stellar Triggers, Cosmic Triggers, Vostigar Trinkets):
    Halve this if possible, it's a huge factor to why people are quitting. Its an extreme grind that is chasing people old and new away from the game en masse. This is also a requirement for Bastion of Steel raiding..Also add Captured Intel to the old dailies and weeklies if possible and add it to experts/warfront rewards and/or up the Intel intake from Raid Rifts, rares, and other Vostigar activities? Doing so would add more activities to do and it will lessen the burden on people.

Utilla Resistance Grind:
    Kind of the same line as the Captured Intel, is it possible to increase this a bit or have Raid Rifts and Vostigar Zone Event footholds, as well the rares and maybe the bosses in Bastion of Steel award this? Currently they do not and this is a current issue for people.

Plat Grind:
    When the old raids were plat nerfed, it severely damaged the economy, the poor got super poor and the rich were not affected, the old legacy raid plat runs were the reason a large majority of the reasons we were able to upgrade, get patron, get raid consumables, etc. I personally have not bought patron in nearly a year because of these changes. When the plat runs were around it was a 500 plat per week run in 4-5 different raids and the old dungeons, this helped players who were either not willing or capable of frequently purchasing patron or REX on their own, and needed to grind this out to make ends meet. The old raids were the easiest and most accessible option to do this as a way to get enough plat to buy what we need and to upgrade our gear. Currently matrices just cost so much. Plus gave a reason into doing legacy content besides for achievements. Another point is that right now, everything just costs so much with no profit and completely outweighs your gain, it's another large and tedious grind that people are leaving over. Plus reinstating the old plat grind would slow down and lower the current inflation that exists.
    Or add another way to get plat? Like an increase in what current quests give or raid bosses, or an increase in the old plat runs but not as substantial as the old setup?

Class Balance (Warrior)
    This is in specifics to Warrior. Warrior is about 200-300k under the other classes in comparison with T2 where the current DPS check is close to a million, if not more and we have not found a workaround for this, the heals do not meet the mark nor does Liberators damage mitigation, the tanks have a really odd aggro issue and it's really hard to use another tank with it let alone burst DPS, also it has the lowest HP out of the 5 classes, Beastmaster at least would see improvements if possible to make Enrage and Command to Attack on par with Archons Flaring Power and Lava Field as well as its other buffs on par.

Class Balance in General
    Right now everyone has 1-2 specs that they can play with the others either not wanted by raids, or fall way under the mark, any way to change this? This way it keeps the old souls in some form of rotation and competition.

Planar Crafted Helm and Ranged
    This kind of goes with the Plat Grind and Intel grind, it's chasing people off from how much of a grind this is, any way to reduce this? The Matrices are also really expensive for plat and the Cosmic and Stellar triggers required are really high and nearly unfeasible for a decent amount of people, therefore again, chasing people off from doing it. This also goes back to the Captured Intel part of the grind, itís so much and so daunting that people are looking at this and looking away from the game, hence slowly killing it. This also ruins the fun for alts and adds just more grind.

Eternal Weapon (Wicket stage, SPEs stage, Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix stage):
    The Eternal Weapon in these 2 stages in particular are chasing people off for the daunting month long (or 16 days if you have a lot of money) grind of the Minion, Wicket and the enormous grind of the 100 SPEs, is there a way to reduce Wickets requirements from 25 to at least 10-15? and the SPE stage to include old experts and/or half the requirement or have it so its 100 SPE bosses instead of 100 SPE clears? I know Archonix brought up a possible achievement upon having an eternal that would allow you to skip a decent amount of this grind, I personally suggest putting people at the LFR Tartaric Depths stage for this. This grind as well is a key factor to chasing people off as well and also chasing the reason for alts. Also could we get the High Priest Arakhurn kills required cut a bit or add Normal Mode Tartaric Depths Malannon to this? Four months is a bit excessive and again, making people look away from the grind and in turn, the game.

Creator Rewards:
    As a creator i always say the creators are worth to what they give, and when we have multiple months of items we have already given away a lot of, it chases people away from us, is is possible to put some of the old lockbox mounts and mounts and other rewards that are no longer available in this mix as well? And during the holiday events put the old holiday mounts as well and keep them on the store? For an example when we got snails as rewards after people demanded them, they went like hot cakes then no one wanted them for months although we got them en masse for quite some time and then became worthless and no one wanted them, including Tuskars and Radar Corgis. Another suggestion would be to stagger the rewards. For example a month of snails, then a month of obsidian ki rins, then a month of cosmic wisps, etc. I think it would be very beneficial for creators and the growth of their channels and content to some way to put a creator tab on the forums for creators with a list of current rift creators, or a list of them on the site somewhere or social media.

Lockboxes:
    Please do not repeat the Autumn Harvest boxes with Fae Yule or other lockboxes after. A surplus of people were very disappointed with these and some have left because of this reason, next time maybe put the stuff that's available in the rift store alongside the boxes? This way people don't have to rely on RNG for at least the costume pieces. Another suggestion would be multiple mounts from past years and lockboxes and have it so a promised mount, but no way of telling which mount, therefore still a good thing out of the box and the prize tickets as well to be able to buy the mount you were wanting?

In essence can we get a reduce in intel requirements, a boost to Utilla Resistance Notoriety, a boost to plat intake, less grind on the eternals, the intel, the planar crafted gear, a change to the creator rewards, and the warrior and other class tweaks as well to maybe the creator and lockbox tweaks. People are leaving by the boatloads and myself and several other people donít want to see the game die.

I know you guys get this alot, but i fear of the current status of the game, it's losing guilds worth of people and full 100+ man discords because of 4.3 in specifics, but mainly this expansion, it's hurting and choking what remains and i hope some of these changes see some light. Any and all feedback is appreciated and thank you for reading.
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Well said clowd. Truly.

Bollesti i think you'll be waiting for CU for a long time still lol.

Lastly, we really need to resolve class balance. Just do community discussions and votes to determine how it should be done. Even monthly discussions that get trimmed down to 1 or 2 SIMPLE % or value class changes would bring significant satisfaction to the playerbase and improve morale. Really think the damage here is done though.
    Rogue

Shadowlander Madarablackgetsuga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barrysneaks View Post
    Well said clowd. Truly.

Bollesti i think you'll be waiting for CU for a long time still lol.

Lastly, we really need to resolve class balance. Just do community discussions and votes to determine how it should be done. Even monthly discussions that get trimmed down to 1 or 2 SIMPLE % or value class changes would bring significant satisfaction to the playerbase and improve morale. Really think the damage here is done though.
    Unfortunately this is true. The best in my opinion is to attempt to start fixes now and try to get the old player base to trickle back in and then do the large big bug fix or balance fix or whatever for 4.4 instead of focusing on new souls or Challenge Servers. At least this will pave the way for a better 4.x and a more hopeful challenge server and a small glimmer of a possible 5.0.
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

This seems to feed into the death spiral the game is already in. Catering to end game and ultra veteran players only is what wrecks most MMOs after a few years. They have been ignoring bugs in the 1-60 content for years and failing to get new players as a result because it's a confusing mess. Now I'm not saying the new high end content doesn't need attention, but for the love of the Vigil bugs not addressed for 4 years?? Unfortunately as stated above, the game is dying, if not dead at this point. The fact that for the last 2 weeks they can't keep the servers stable or online at all is just going to put the last 3 nails in the coffin.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

Suffixed Gear
    The goal on development side and the hope for players was gear unification. Get a piece of armor with more stats then it's a straight upgrade. It was intended to take out all of the stat swapping bloat from the previous Nightmare Tide system where you'd have spend tons of plat swapping stats, armor pieces and in turn new runes/dream orbs. Now we have 5 stat variants with bosses only dropping 2 armor pieces. Lets look at why this was and still is bad.

Tier 1 - In iRoTP practically no one bothered waiting for suffixed gear. BIS is always ideal, but it took 10 weeks to upgrade a lot of pieces and no one was going to start on a new set of kills/clears half way through their first piece already. Most people opted for the few pieces they managed to get from bosses and the rest off of the vendor. The same goes for Tartaric Depths.

Tier 2 - People wanted a Comet of Ahnket type system where you got components from bosses and used those to upgrade your armor pieces. We got close, but the components are just new versions of engines in that they're 100% RNG with dropped pieces requiring 4 of them and vendor pieces still requiring 2 on top of also requiring intel which Clowd already covered above. It's one thing to make them RNG, but then to only have them drop in Bastion of Steel which is a once a week lockout and only has 3 bosses is kind of detrimental to upgrading gear.
    • Take out suffixed gear completely or limit to Preserver, conq and Vendor. Having 25 variants throughout the 5 callings and only 2 drops per bosses shows that this was put in more so for stretching content rather than "making loot interesting".
    • Take off or significantly reduce the kill requirements in IROTP gear for new / returning players to catch up.
    • Base armor needs to have crystal bonuses from the very get go instead of having to wait for upgrades. T2 vendor gear has this, but the dropped pieces don't.
    • Make Storm Cells guaranteed drops. 1 per boss in your personal loot box and maybe even 2-3 for the last boss. If you plan on keeping the suffixed system then this at least allows people to more freely upgrade their gear when something better drops.

Personal Loot
    This is something I thought that would extend to raiding as well and while i'm sure many will disagree with me on this... I feel raids should be on the personal loot system as well. You could make it so preserver and conq will be chances to drop in your personal loot and still get the marks to pick up vendor pieces as you down bosses and clear raids. Rather than stretching out content through pure RNG and Suffixed gearing systems we can instead give more playability to alts and stretch the content out that way. This gives an overall better experience playing through multiple if not all of the classes. Those that usually don't would be more inclined to so so with easier catch up mechanics.

A lot of people play multiple classes and most raid leads / guilds won't allow alts into raids due to loot disputes, but they're in there putting in the work so they certainly deserve to get something out of it as well while providing raids with a specific class / role as needed. This would prevent any loot disputes and allow people who play multiple characters and raids to be more flexible in this regard.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 12-12-2017 at 02:04 AM. Reason: words are hard
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by ebonweaver View Post
    This seems to feed into the death spiral the game is already in. Catering to end game and ultra veteran players only is what wrecks most MMOs after a few years. They have been ignoring bugs in the 1-60 content for years and failing to get new players as a result because it's a confusing mess. Now I'm not saying the new high end content doesn't need attention, but for the love of the Vigil bugs not addressed for 4 years?? Unfortunately as stated above, the game is dying, if not dead at this point. The fact that for the last 2 weeks they can't keep the servers stable or online at all is just going to put the last 3 nails in the coffin.
    Long standing bugs aren't limited to Rift. WoW has it's own large list of bugs that have been around since vanilla. Every expansion that goes by puts them that much further down on the list especially because the majority of people don't play that content anymore. That's not excuse for any game not to fix things, but every game has its own list of priorities and generating new content tends to come first to keep people playing.

The biggest issue (and i'll keep posting this anytime it's on topic until properly answered) is Communication. For all we know a lot of the bugs, suggestions and changes could already be or have been worked on, but because they won't / aren't allowed to tell us anything then we're left to speculate and hope and lose hope for the more dramatic types. Though at this point it's certainly disheartening for most.

That being said - As much as a lot of people don't want to admit it, raiding drives a lot of game design, community and economy. Open world is good for all types of players, but raiding is where the meat is at so to speak.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 11-28-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Thank you for this list. I am above all else a casual, except I like to PvP (well, I liked to PvP, but that's another thread).

That being said, in previous expansions, with a bit of effort, I could meet the requirements to step in and fill a raid slot with my guilds and not embarrass myself too much if one of the regulars didn't show. I don't have the time to min/max, and I certainly don't have the time to undertake any one of the excessive grinds of this expansion, so I am falling further and further behind so far as raiding goes, and can no longer do anything for my guildies except make amenders for them and build them a nice guild dimension. I don't like being what I consider dead weight, but my real life job and other obligations have to come first.

Further, doing all that grinding isn't being dedicated, it's mindless and boring and not why I pay to play this game. I have one job, I don't need or want another one--especially one where I have to pay for it. I play to relax and decompress, not drive myself to an aneurysm from anger at senseless grinding and planar fragment crappy RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    Base armor needs to have crystal bonuses from the very get go instead of having to wait for upgrades. T2 vendor gear has this, but the dropped pieces don't.
    This quote is something that I as a casual really would like to emphasize. I have a couple pieces of gear from sparkle boxes and runs with the guild, stalled on upgrade paths because I don't raid reliably enough and don't have the interest or the time to do so. I have a crystal for pve, but it's less than worthless when none of that gear with the better stats has no bonus. There's no option but to use enough pvp gear for the crystal bonuses because to do otherwise is a dps loss.

The whole point of that spiel is to echo the call for a catch-up path, not just for the filthy casuals like myself, but for the new players that the game hopefully wants to attract and retain. Even multiple paths to the same end-point would be helpful.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The DTC: Dimension Tours - Building Tips

Baradara@Greybriar

First I need to say, most of my guildies and i still love the game and see so much potential is in this game compared to others already on the market. So we are very sad in which state this game is now. We discus very often in discord about neccessary chances, some of them already mentioned above from other players, but there are more problems needing a closer look. Sometimes it looks like the devs are running out of new ideas to make a game interesting again.

Here are some other suggestions:

NEW PLAYER PROBLEM:
    For new player there is one BIG problem, there are close to none dungeons opening. Why is there such a big problem? It's just because nearly noone start with a tank, healer or support role. Our suggestion is to bring high level charakters back to the low level dungeons. The bonusus which are implemented in the moment are too weak that high level charakters would do it for the help on new players. Give them something it is worth like this:
    • Weekly: complete 5 daily low dungeons to get 5 celestial partikle
    • Daily: complete one low level instance without being in group to get 1 celestial partikle
    or some intels to reduce the stupid zoneevent grind.

DEAD ZONE PROBLEM:
    Most of the great zones are close to dead. When the instable events were implemented it helped a litlle bit, but most of the artifact collectors have all or left the game already, so this "trick" doesn't work any more to get players in these zones anymore. How do you like this idea:
    Make some dailies/weeklies in old zones just seeable with that buff for twisted artifacts. So new players don't get affected from that and in these zones some more players are running around. So it looks like there are some more players online. As reward you can give intels or shards for something interesting craftingmaterial you need in the moment for many things.

Where are the promotional events (Unicornalia and so on)? These events also brought some life back in the older zones, would like to see this events back in game or create something new like that.

BIND ON PICKUP/ACCOUNT PROBLEM:
    I'm an old classic player, i like to help people to close the gap between newly endlevel and to get actual raid ready, but with these many craftingitems that needs to collected by the player himself/herself it's really difficult to help with the guild. In our opinion you need to take a closer look, if you can chance some items to tradeable, maybe you can introduce a "tradeable in guild".

GRINDPROBLEM:
    I know much grind brings the players to be more online in the game, but really, most players are annoyed if a company takes it so far as you do in the moment. Really take a look on the things what you can do with what currency. Just for example now i have 691k celestial remnants and nothing to do with it or 359k ethereal shards with no use.

Also i don't like to play an other charakter just because i need to grind endlessly to bring that char on the same raidstate. So I just can play in raids just with one charakter and cannot help in lower raids with another charakter. This problem also just causes through the endless grind for intels.

TOOLTIP/TRANSLATIONPROBLEM:
    As german players we already have the same problem, we need to make our speccings with the english client because of so much wrong or misleading translations in the talents. As long as you offer a german and french client at least this should be accurate. Also there are still wrong tooltips in the english version like legendary "Breaking Blow" from warlord which just takes 30 addional energy and not 45 (Patchnotes 4.1). Really if you need help to get all talents again on actual state you also can ask the community to help to have a review on all talents. This works in other games aswell, but you sholud implement this as fast as possible.

Also it would be really nice if the patchnotes for german/french also came on the day the new patch is coming. For now i translate the impoetant informations for my guild by myself an get may 6 month later a great stack on old translated patchnotes. Now again theres a lack of 3 patchnotes okay it's now just 3, sometimes it was about 15-20 versions off.

Also many other localisation error are online, so the "Eye of Destruction" raidrift still have just error messages in german client. Bug reportet so many times through ingame report, but no correcrtion till now. Also many other reported localisations never had seen a correction, also the ones we posted in the localisation thread in the forum.

COMMUNICATIONPROBLEM:
    Really, i like Yaviey, but until now there isn't much more information on homepage or forum, or is it just me who would like to see more information about future of the game and on what the team is working?

What i'm really miss are patchnotes for the PTS, so we can really test that what is new there, now it's more a hide and seek game after every patch if there is something new.

And please sometimes it is better to ask some old players or the community about upcoming chances, plenty of the last ideas you have implemented already showed in other games that the community don't liked them much, seems the development teams or the management want to learn by themself instead to take a look on other games what worked well and what doesn't.

We have plenty more ideas what this game need, but most of them are just small things, everything what needs a quick change stands above this line.

So please Trion Dev/Management listen more to your playerbase, these are ones who bring the money to you. And sorry if I misspelled some words or the grammar is wrong, i'm not a native english speaker and my schooltime is long ago.

Greetings
    Zysa D'Argent
    Last edited by Zysa; 11-30-2017 at 03:18 AM.

Champion

Eternal Weapon Catch up / New Player Experience
    I still say the eternal weapon 100 dungeons level should stay at 100 dungeons, if we are considering catch up. But it can be opened up to ALL dungeons in game, so long as you queued via LFG and are mentored. This will allow lower level people to get in some more dungeons, and level 70s on the eternal grind to have more than 4 options to finish the quest. Hell even any *expert* dungeon would help. Newer players would enjoy expert Caduceus Rise, expert Golem Foundry, etc.

Grind
    Please either double drop rate of captured intel from all current potential reward options, or add them to more quests, such as the LFR TD weekly quest, daily dungeon and warfront rewards, and the IA daily/weekly quests. Feeling like I have time for anything outside of work and other RL concerns, and raid, and intel farming would make this game more fun.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Just wanted to get some confirmation that Archonix and or the devs at least read these types of threads (I know from experience that they do), but just for anyone else.

Ideally we want a reply to these concerns, but it's good to k now that they're well aware.

Default +1 many times over

Great thread, thanks to all of you who contribute these ideas, perhaps the team at Trion will read and reflect on these sensible suggestions...sometimes its easy to get lost in the "new shiny things" and forget about the "staff that came before" but some of these ideas would be a great way to let newer players to experience vanilla dungeons again - especially those who reached 65 and 70 by using packs or grinding IA's.

Changing the requirements of some of the eternal quests so that its ANY 100 dungeons would be a good way to get players back into old content, which may be apropos given the discussions on challenge servers, and the lore in there is the foundation for the storyline across the rest of the game and all its expansions.

A couple of modifiers to the suggestion may be to make it that if you are doing the eternal quest you are either:
    1. Limited to 1 run per day in each of the vanilla/SL/NT dungeons so that at least its going to take a week or two to do the quest,
    2. Or amend the quest criteria so that you have to do 25 dungeons from each iteration of the game.

Got some other ideas but will post them later
    Last edited by AtoningUnifex; 12-02-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Rift Master

Very constructive thread, good job

My short term suggestions to the cause:
    • Allow fragment boxes to be bought with celestial Remnants and perhaps also Thereal shards.
    • Have any rift or foothold in Vostigar Peaks drop Captured Intel (if the currency were not removed).
    • Reduce numbers needed for all exisitng Eternal quest line stages and remove the minion part.
    • Add some cool fishing stuff such as dailies, rep vendor, fishable unique items (wardrobe themed stuff not dimensions)
    • Allow engines to be purchased with marks of some kind (make it expensive if you need)
    • Make suffixed items ("of the hero") sidegradable with engines to the suffix you want.

Oh and +1 on removing the procs from eternal weapons. Just beef the stats up or add a chance to do x damage on hit, like the runes. Something that doesn't directly intereact with abilties and causes all this wierdness we see. Class balance is the key let's do that
    Last edited by Balidin; 12-03-2017 at 04:31 PM.

The Future of Raiding
    We already got our answer as to -why- we specifically only have 10 man raiding now here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp2l...outu.be&t=1599 and with that being said I do like the idea of adding onto raids rather than making a brand new tier which is likely just going to be re-hashed content to begin with.

Tartaric Depths (LFR) - Brand new raid which was great to see even if it was the start of (LFR).
    Tier 1 Rise of the Phoenix - Re-used Vanilla content
    Tier 1 Tartaric Depths (Normal Mode) - While it was nice to have a normal mode version of the raid, the re-use of it started to burn a lot of people out since they farmed the LFR versions for a couple of months before ROTP was re-released. If you're going to have multiple versions of a raid then I suggest pushing them out at the same time so both raiders and more casual people all have the option to raid and do either difficulty. Even if you have to delay it for a bit.

- As Icarus mentioned in the livestream link, I would personally rather see -new- raids released with a few bosses added and then rather than releasing a second raid within that same tier you can instead add more bosses to the already existing raid. This adds more bosses to the overall raid and gives it a better longevity when players go back to it in the future.

- I know this will probably never happen, but i'm going to ask anyway. PLEASE STOP re-using old raids as new content. I'm more lenient when it comes to 5 man dungeons, but as a long time player who has been supporting the game since beta and a patron... I don't pay money to see the same stuff I've already seen over the past 6-7 years. This has been the go to practice for the last few years for you guys and it really shouldn't be for any mmo. If you're going to re-use content then save it for the challenge servers that you're so intent on bringing to us.

Account Wide Achievements / Notoriety
    - Make achievements and notoriety account bound. This in turn allows people with multiple characters to farm currency on any one of them and then use it to buy fragment boxes, triggers, ect without having to re-grind those reps 5x a piece. Maybe you don't want people funneling characters currencies to gear up one really fast, but people who put in the extra work to level and gear those characters to a certain point should be allowed to. There's no real good reason why account open world currency exchangers were ever taken out.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 12-03-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    The Future of Raiding

... If you're going to have multiple versions of a raid then I suggest pushing them out at the same time so both raiders and more casual people all have the option to raid and do either difficulty. Even if you have to delay it for a bit.

- As Icarus mentioned in the livestream link, I would personally rather see -new- raids released with a few bosses added and then rather than releasing a second raid within that same tier you can instead add more bosses to the already existing raid. This adds more bosses to the overall raid and gives it a better longevity when players go back to it in the future.

- I know this will probably never happen, but i'm going to ask anyway. PLEASE STOP re-using old raids as new content. I'm more lenient when it comes to 5 man dungeons, but as a long time player who has been supporting the game since beta and a patron... I don't pay money to see the same stuff I've already seen over the past 6-7 years. This has been the go to practice for the last few years for you guys and it really shouldn't be for any mmo. If you're going to re-use content then save it for the challenge servers that you're so intent on bringing to us.

Account Wide Achievements / Notoriety
    - Make achievements and notoriety account bound. This in turn allows people with multiple characters to farm currency on any one of them and then use it to buy fragment boxes, triggers, ect without having to re-grind those reps 5x a piece. Maybe you don't want people funneling characters currencies to gear up one really fast, but people who put in the extra work to level and gear those characters to a certain point should be allowed to. There's no real good reason why account open world currency exchangers were ever taken out.
    Just wanted to +1 this in particular, whilst it's nice to see some of the old content tarted up and repackaged, it's a bit frustrating when its more of the old being repackaged than it is new ones. as holyroller says above - lets keep that for challenge whenever that comes, but can we get new content please?

Players have been asking since day on to have certain things account bound and for some reason TRION are not willing to do this, I do not understand why when it would make many players experience more enjoyable and LESS GRINDY.

I don't know about everyone else but I can only speak for myself, in real life my situation s has changed a lot in the last 6 or so years so I don't have the time every day to bash out 2-3 hours, hell some days I am lucky to manage 10 minutes on game due to IRL stuff. That means its impossible for me to spend any meaningful time on alts and to be honest I don't have time to grind on any toon other than my main. Having these things account bound or shared would mean I didn't have to grind the same thing over and over on toon after toon...

so please please please finally allow us to swap currencies back between toons, after all, we used to be able to do it in vanilla....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast