+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A list of community suggestions

Fia

We should concentrate on the core issues first. This thread is loaded with immediate and not so immediate concerns, e.g. PvP (yes I love PvP, too, but I think the core issues have to be resolved first, before anything else, otherwise it will upset the game balance even more).

Imo the following issues are the core concerns (correct me if I'm wrong):
    1. Get rid of Eternal weapon procs or change them into something that is easy to balance around
    2. Make grinding for the Eternal weapon easier (so that catch-up takes only 1 month instead of 4)
    3. Balance specs, start with the most popular and important ones
    4. Simplify the fragment system

I would love to see something like a community day introduced (maybe like once a month) where devs and community representatives have a discord chat or voice chat about how to improve these things and what can be done about them (and maybe stream that so ppl can listen in on the ideas). At the same time the representatives would act as a communication bridge between devs and the community.

Maybe that way the community can also gain insight into what can be realized in how long a timeframe.

I hope you devs manage to fix the immediate issues at hand, I would love to see more ppl joining Rift again. (:
    Last edited by Fia; 12-22-2017 at 04:43 PM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zysa View Post
    For new player there is one BIG problem, there are close to none dungeons opening. Why is there such a big problem? It's just because nearly noone start with a tank, healer or support role.
    Is it failure of devs if people do not play tank role? Under lvl60 tanking in dungeons do not require tanking gear, they just need that someone wants to do it. (But devs could remove support role requirement, when none is ever using support )

Remove Wicket requirement OR make Wicket level faster (less XP per level) OR increase Wicket's stamina Just Remove Wicket requirement.
    Halve the "Rift" and "Colossi" requirement for the eternal (this is largely a time sink)It is a timesink but it not bad because it is not hard to find groups.
    Make the "expert" dungeon portion 100 bosses (if not possible, then 30-40 dungeons)100 bosses. I also think that any level bosses as long as mentored appropriately.
    Lower iRotP boss kill requirement so it does not take 4 months to get the final Eternal stage. I want to say 8 kills sounds more acceptable (2 months) for the power provided.I would go lower than 8.
    Make DRR essences bind on equip (and lower their overall power in the process). This would allow guildies to farm essences for their guild-mates who can't always find the time to participate, but have the time to join raids.I think this is fine.
    Queen's Foci Essences should be on par with DRRs for essences. This would provide an additional means to farm essences, and make the instance, which is part of LFR, relevant again.I think this is a wonderful idea.
    Add rewards for queuing in LFR WITHOUT a full 10-man group! Rewards should be bonus tokens and plat, at the minimum. This should be set to reward only once per day.I would go with bonus tokens.
    Lowered "Celestial Matrix" and "Invasion" costs for Planar Crafted gear (at least up until T2 raid quality)Agreed.
    Remove Captured Intel. Make Celestial Essence THE open world token. In addition to this, completion of weeklies should provide a component needed, alongside CE, to purchase "Vostigar Veteran's" gear, which upgrades to T1 levels. This same component could also be upgraded (similar to amenders) to upgrade T1/T2 raid gear.Agreed.
    If there is no interest in removing Captured Intel, then please add it as a reward to all 4.0 dailies, dungeon queues, LFR queues, and zone event bosses in all zones.I would have preferred the removal option above.

The login rewards calendar should no longer rewards void stone, award Marks of Prophecy, or give dream orbs.Agreed.
    Add new "Planar Crafted" seals!I have a problem with this equipment slot in general. I would just eliminate it.
    The existing upgrade components using dungeon marks should be useful to LFR/T1 gear. As of right now, Marks of Prophecy don't really have a use, but they accumulate from the rewards calendar.Agreed.

Remove the Eternal procs entirely. These are way too difficult to balance, and throw off how several souls play too much (IMHO). Maybe have them provide a flat "base damage" bonus as they level instead of requiring a trigger. Increase the "ilvl" modifier for Eternal quality to compensate, or give the eternal stages a far larger ilvl boost.Procs are fun but I agree.

Make higher "Tier" values for fragments mean higher statsAgreed.
    Tier + Quality of fragment = max potential stat AND infusion levelAgreed.
    No primary stats on Fragments. Tertiary ONLY! Attack/Spell power, Physical/Spell Crit, Crit Power, Guard, Dodge, Block, and Max Health. That's 10 different stats to worry about slotting, creating a lot to min/max and worry about!Agreed.
    The Fragment UI should list slots by element in easy to read rows instead of the current "gear slot" UI.Agreed.
    Everyone should get 2 slots for all 6 elements for a total of 12 fragments.
    Agreed.

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    We should concentrate on the core issues first. This thread is loaded with immediate and not so immediate concerns, e.g. PvP (yes I love PvP, too, but I think the core issues have to be resolved first, before anything else, otherwise it will upset the game balance even more).

Imo the following issues are the core concerns (correct me if I'm wrong):
    1. Get rid of Eternal weapon procs or change them into something that is easy to balance around
    2. Make grinding for the Eternal weapon easier (so that catch-up takes only 1 month instead of 4)
    3. Balance specs, start with the most popular and important ones
    4. Simplify the fragment system

I would love to see something like a community day introduced (maybe like once a month) where devs and community representatives have a discord chat or voice chat about how to improve these things and what can be done about them (and maybe stream that so ppl can listen in on the ideas). At the same time the representatives would act as a communication bridge between devs and the community.

Maybe that way the community can also gain insight into what can be realized in how long a timeframe.

I hope you devs manage to fix the immediate issues at hand, I would love to see more ppl joining Rift again. (:
    This 100%!

If you want to revitalize the game, make the eternal grind 1 month max! (More alts + more new players will enjoy "endgame" content)
    I know 10 people who would come back and at least raidlog, if they would have their last eternal weapon in a reasonable time.
    Despite the fact, some hardcore raiders will cry on forums about their 4 months grind (tbh there are no hardcore guilds anymore in SFP/POA)

Reducing the upgrade cost for fragments was a nice move and a step in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    community day introduced
    We talked with Archonix about a round table/community day/extended Q&A during Gamescom and i'm still waiting for it
    Last edited by keepor; 12-26-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

BMX
    Rift Master

All that needs done in preparation to make this game what it deserves to be is take a close look at Vanilla and SL. Learn what it is and bring on the raids, CQ's etc.

Trim the grind to a respectable level, kick RNG to the curb.

Yus, Trion needs to get on track and bring in the necessary personnel levels to make a proper expansion and subsequent maintenance of it. This does take an investment however, it takes money to make money.
    Banned

Rift Master

I don't know too many raiders who would cry about the eternal weapon grind being reduced for alts -- many raiders I know would jump at the chance to speed an alt through to have a second raider available (or third, etc).
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

BMX
    Rift Master

The eternal path can be easily enumerated by the chieves associated with an account. This could trim the upgrade path for alts by 70% automatically.
    Banned

General of Telara

I agree that alt acquisition of eternal should be reduced but at this point the whole questline should be compressed. Slash the requirements down. At this point in the expansion in order to retain new players and ones that are having trouble, Trion needs to implement catch up as a matter of urgency.

We are at the point that we need to do what we can to encourage players to play but without pay to win nonsense. Rift has been dragged through the dump in media because of some objectively poor decisions so let's bring in solid positive changes to the game.

General of Telara

Here are some hopefully quick(er) things that Trion could do right now to make the game more fun and interesting:
    • Scale up Volan's stats and have him as a level 70 Zone event. Have him Always drop 1 eternal item to a player. Volan is really awesome and players that haven't encountered it will be talking about it. This is a brilliant thing Trion did and it shouldn't go to waste. I will come test the blasted thing on PTS and get all I know to do also if they do this.
    • Compress all the Eternal quests down. We need catch up fast.
    • Focus hard on Soul balancing
    • Allow Fragment boxes to be bought with Celestial remnants. This is open world reputation and should have open world currency to aquire it. Remnants are almost completely pointless at this point. This helps ease the fragment aquisiton and make the player base a bit happier.
    • Allow Engines to be bought with raid T1 currency
    • Add Intel to the loot table of any Rift in the new zones or at least VP. Same with footholds.
    • Add intel to WF dailies.
    • Add intel to IAs
    • Create some PVP gear ( can have old PVP models) and re_instate presitge to aquire it. Reduce the time to kill a bit as well its way too long.
    • Add some fun fishing stuff
    • Don't do challenge servers and instead make Rift the best it can be.

Here is a list of things that should be done long term that can span all expansions:
    • Scaled Dungeon System. Allow all dungeons to scale with stats. Again I would bring people to test on PTS if this were a thing. Adjust numbers to start with and we go from there. It doesnt have to be perfect. We can work on it over the long term to get it good.
    • Guild Quest System - Add a guild questing system where the guild has to do various quests throughout the world. This replaces the old one. It could use IA functionality or something. We get special prizes for doing stuff like that and gets people out in the world. Maybe a bounty boss system or something.
    • Sort out Guild perks and levels to go with the new quest system. Add Guild craftables or mounts as reaching certain levels etc.
    • Go back to stats on gear and remove the fragment system.
    • Bring back a totally reworked conquest with defensible positions and sieges.
    • Designate a specific zone to be a free for all pvp zones. Could be server vs server or party vs party etc. Ember Isle would be a great idea.

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    [...]
    Here is a list of things that should be done long term that can span all expansions:
    • Scaled Dungeon System. Allow all dungeons to scale with stats. Again I would bring people to test on PTS if this were a thing. Adjust numbers to start with and we go from there. It doesnt have to be perfect. We can work on it over the long term to get it good.
    • Guild Quest System - Add a guild questing system where the guild has to do various quests throughout the world. This replaces the old one. It could use IA functionality or something. We get special prizes for doing stuff like that and gets people out in the world. Maybe a bounty boss system or something.
    • Sort out Guild perks and levels to go with the new quest system. Add Guild craftables or mounts as reaching certain levels etc.
    • Go back to stats on gear and remove the fragment system.
    • Bring back a totally reworked conquest with defensible positions and sieges.
    • Designate a specific zone to be a free for all pvp zones. Could be server vs server or party vs party etc. Ember Isle would be a great idea.
    I do very much want challenge servers, but first get the game back into shape again, don't do anything regarding challenge servers before that. If all fails you can always work on challenge servers anyway.

I think the fragment system is a good thing, but not the way it is currently implemented.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    The eternal path can be easily enumerated by the chieves associated with an account. This could trim the upgrade path for alts by 70% automatically.
    I think this is a very good idea.

Replace wicket with a cosmic trigger, 16 IRoTPs with a stellar trigger. Everyone can constantly work towards the upgrade without stopping for the minion or resets. Guilds can help players catch up. I think the SPEs should just be removed entirely, maybe replaced by recycled frag cores.

Could also just add the eternal weapon fully upgraded to the store for Intel or tower frags/credits.

Or even better remove the eternal weapons from game and bring back weapon drops to raid, we would be better off with an eternal mount quest. Class balancing around an eternal weapon is going to cause issues in the future anyway.
    Last edited by Poshy; 12-30-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

BMX
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Replace wicket with a cosmic trigger, 16 IRoTPs with a stellar trigger. Everyone can constantly work towards the upgrade without stopping for the minion or resets. Guilds can help players catch up. I think the SPEs should just be removed entirely, maybe replaced by recycled frag cores.

Could also just add the eternal weapon fully upgraded to the store for Intel or tower frags/credits.

Or even better remove the eternal weapons from game and bring back weapon drops to raid, we would be better off with an eternal mount quest. Class balancing around an eternal weapon is going to cause issues in the future anyway.
    This could help on the class balance.
    There are the peeps that have difficulty with the particle aspect of the eternal grind that makes it near to impossible for em. Can't blame someone for being hosed by a disability...

Another note...
    In the frag dept. they would be far better with RNGless upgrade paths similar to planar crafted gear and raid gear. Frankly, I'm happy with changing frag sets as opposed to changing entire gear sets for each role. If we hafta change entire gear set for role change, give us the ability to slot the gear in a similar manner to frag sets.
    Banned

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Another note...
    In the frag dept. they would be far better with RNGless upgrade paths similar to planar crafted gear and raid gear. Frankly, I'm happy with changing frag sets as opposed to changing entire gear sets for each role. If we hafta change entire gear set for role change, give us the ability to slot the gear in a similar manner to frag sets.
    Except you do have tank and dps sets of gear - fragments did not solved it.
    And we do have an ability to switch gear set with 1 button - with macros or roles addon - so 1 button change your role, gear & fragments and kalerts.
    Last edited by Isp; 12-31-2017 at 01:45 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    I like the idea of a stellar trigger. This is close to the idea we have talked about before of having a system where you decide the content you want to do and gain a general currency for your efforfts to upgrade your weapon. Allowing Intel to be the driving force to upgrade the weapon and then allowing intel to be aquired through nearly every aspect of gameplay would be a great step forward in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast