+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Leech Hill

Soulwalker

Default Leech Hill

There seems to be an increase in selfish leeches, especially in VP. They sit at the crossroads, never help at the forts and only act when the boss appears. Now there are many that tag the boss then run leaving everyone else to kill it. They do nothing yet reap rewards. Something needs to be done to offset this incongruity. Rewarding them for doing little to nothing is an insult to the other players.

Sadly this pointed out so much but didn't get attention needed with the grind ingame forcing players to ridicilious amounts of intel (i farmed around 500k intel since VP introduced) some players found the solution with afk tagging events on boss stage which turned game to vostigar peaks afk boss tagging simulator.

I personally always rushed to The Landing point and cleared it mostly myself alone but due to its being close to porticulum many other players also going there.

I would like to see that system change at least rewarding people more if they contributed killing idol stages etc but looks like this is not going to happen and reign of vostigar peaks afk boss tagging simulator continues.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Soulwalker

Took me ages to kill one of the foothold things, one other person showed up to help... once it died the boss appeared, ran to it as fast as I could but it was wiped out a few seconds before I could get there, there were tons of peeps milling around the boss' corpse.

Other times when i'm not doing the ZE and just passing through i'll see ppl standing around waiting for the boss to spawn, seems like the boss spawns at very predictable location(s)?

Well I think in future i'll just do the same and stand around waiting for the boss to spawn, it's far too much work to kill the footholds when I can just stand around too...

Seems like a step back from nightmare tide where you got separate rewards from each 'stage' of the zone event.

Shadowlander

Default Only need to kill a foot hold .. unless

For the most part the easy way is to kill a foothold. Get full credit for doing the ZE that way.

UNLESS -- You need the colossi kills. Then it is too risky to do the last foothold and get back to boss in time to tag it for credit. (Yes I know all about the opie whistle and quick port back, but some of those bosses die FAST.)

An aid would be to show on the map which footholds are under attack and the force that is attacking them. Running towards foot holds to see them poof just as you arrive does not encourage trying to do footholds.

leech hill is currently the most awesome spot in game

yes i 'wait at leech hill' for about 30% of the zone events i tag.
    the other 70% i tend to race to source collectors, at that is most likely the last idol to go down.

it would be awesome if trion added even just 5intel to an idol kill.. but then we would have QQ from peeps who cant tag every idol during an event.
    as it stands, you get 1k planarite from each idol kill, and what seems to now be proper credit towards the zone event as long as you hit the idol
    peeps have FINALLY learned not to DPS down the idol in one hit, we often have groups bigger than 5 auto attacking the idol so it dies super slowly to allow everyone to tag, which is just awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    I would like to see that system change at least rewarding people more if they contributed killing idol stages etc ....
    If the foothold bosses dropped even a little bit of intel people would farm them the way we farm the VP named mobs now.

Wanna solve the problems with the VP events? Make the foothold bosses drop 15-20 intel each so people will kill them and reduce the amount for completing the event. Also, throw a 60 second reduced damage buff on the boss when he spawns (bosses in other zones get this, why not in VP?) so people doing footholds can make it to him before he dies.

Soulwalker

Isn't that already thought of by the players who regulary pull the liberators close-by to attempt to kill all fresh lvl70's and semi-afk'lers?

Usually tears by crossroads. Kite a pack of time bombs from an RR to it and light your fireworks.

Plane Touched

Eternal armor pieces need to drop from the foothold bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Serpent View Post
    Eternal armor pieces need to drop from the foothold bosses.
    I don't know if you were sarcastic but if not all eternal armor pieces can drop from any 4.0 content, I had a guildie who got rogue eternal armor from vostigar peaks rare mob, of course they have ultra low chance to drop.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Shield of Telara

With the way current upgrades go (kill 30 colossi for a chest) and the stupid prefix system, you better believe that I'm just gonna sit at Crossroads & wait to tag the boss. Some of those only live for 30 seconds and there is not enough time to help with objectives and get credit towards my 2nd chest. Cause the first one I got was an "in between" one and now I got an overlord, so there's another 30 I have to tag. Oh, and my alt just got a chest so gg, time to sit at Leech Hill. You can lay that one squarely at Trion's feet. Also, getting intel with one dot doesn't hurt either.

If you all are referring to that zone event in Vostiger Peaks then yeah I can see your point. One way to fix this issue is to have the boss spawn at a random location on the entire map, (not sure why this wasn't implimented in the first place ). Cause as it is a lot of players have worked out where the boss spawns and so they all camp there till it shows up.

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Honoun View Post
    If you all are referring to that zone event in Vostiger Peaks then yeah I can see your point. One way to fix this issue is to have the boss spawn at a random location on the entire map, (not sure why this wasn't implimented in the first place ). Cause as it is a lot of players have worked out where the boss spawns and so they all camp there till it shows up.
    Then people will be waiting near portals. The only way to fix this event is to remove excessive grind from the game.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Plane Touched

all that's needed is intel to drop at the forts maybe 10-20 for each fort and you'll get more people doing them. with this they will probably party up and zerg them in a circle.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybacon View Post
    If the foothold bosses dropped even a little bit of intel people would farm them the way we farm the VP named mobs now.

Wanna solve the problems with the VP events? Make the foothold bosses drop 15-20 intel each so people will kill them and reduce the amount for completing the event. Also, throw a 60 second reduced damage buff on the boss when he spawns (bosses in other zones get this, why not in VP?) so people doing footholds can make it to him before he dies.
    but people complained because the footholds were dying to fast and they couldn't tag them in time to get the currency. What's happening now is actually their fix for prior complaints.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast