+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Leech Hill

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    but people complained because the footholds were dying to fast and they couldn't tag them in time to get the currency. What's happening now is actually their fix for prior complaints.
    I just don't get this, the mini-boss guarding the foothold takes a while to kill yet the foothold itself dies so fast that it can be taken out before you even have a chance to turn around after killing the mini-boss... but you get credit for tagging the foothold not the mini-boss? where's the logic in that?

Wouldn't the most obvious fix have been to either increase the hp on the foothold or make mini-boss not the foothold give credit? instead they what? made it so the zone event colossi which spawns in the same location every time be the sole source of credit for the event?

Quote Originally Posted by Xorte View Post
    I just don't get this, the mini-boss guarding the foothold takes a while to kill yet the foothold itself dies so fast that it can be taken out before you even have a chance to turn around after killing the mini-boss... but you get credit for tagging the foothold not the mini-boss? where's the logic in that?

Wouldn't the most obvious fix have been to either increase the hp on the foothold or make mini-boss not the foothold give credit? instead they what? made it so the zone event colossi which spawns in the same location every time be the sole source of credit for the event?
    Afaik this events were copy paste of the one of old ember isle zone event, at first they also had level 50 area idol copied and scaled for 70 level caps but due to they forget loot table from that npc people were getting 42-50 level items as a drop.

I also don't know if you noticed but ahnket related zone events has sieges with 780k hp but crucia related ones has 7.8m hp rest than this all zone events for both villain have same values on footholds and minibosses.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    I don't know if you were sarcastic but if not all eternal armor pieces can drop from any 4.0 content, I had a guildie who got rogue eternal armor from vostigar peaks rare mob, of course they have ultra low chance to drop.
    No; I was not being sarcastic. Perhaps I should be more clear: Eternal armor pieces should drop with greater frequency from foothold bosses to encourage group activity.

Since you are a EU shard guild member/player you are probably unaware of the fact that most NA shard eternal armor pieces in the game came from Dev special events that favored a small minority of players. Only when those Dev events happened to be mentioned in crossevents chat was there a sizeable turnout of active players. Even so, because the events are not broadcast in advance or via in-game announcement by Trion, the events fail to promote group participation.

Eternal armors might be in the game, but the drop rates are so excruciatingly low that players are not fooled by Trion's dangling carrot. The only time I have seen one drop is at the end of a Dev event and only those still alive and in range of the defeated dev are eligible for the drop (correct me if I'm mistaken). So, if after 20-40 mins of chasing a Dev who knocks you into part of the environment with his constant, annoying abilities, and you get stuck far from where he dies, you get nothing, unless you still need PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Serpent View Post
    No; I was not being sarcastic. Perhaps I should be more clear: Eternal armor pieces should drop with greater frequency from foothold bosses to encourage group activity.

Since you are a EU shard guild member/player you are probably unaware of the fact that most NA shard eternal armor pieces in the game came from Dev special events that favored a small minority of players. Only when those Dev events happened to be mentioned in crossevents chat was there a sizeable turnout of active players. Even so, because the events are not broadcast in advance or via in-game announcement by Trion, the events fail to promote group participation.

Eternal armors might be in the game, but the drop rates are so excruciatingly low that players are not fooled by Trion's dangling carrot. The only time I have seen one drop is at the end of a Dev event and only those still alive and in range of the defeated dev are eligible for the drop (correct me if I'm mistaken). So, if after 20-40 mins of chasing a Dev who knocks you into part of the environment with his constant, annoying abilities, and you get stuck far from where he dies, you get nothing, unless you still need PA.
    Ah I see, well its same for EU eternals are very rare and most of them coming from dev events but like I said I know few people ingame who got their eternal armor pieces from VP rares, expert dungeons and Celestial IAs.

To be honest I don't think eternal armor drop rate should be increased given fact they are bugged and we didn't see T2 upgrade paths too (thou we will get it in sometime) yet most overlord pieces are much better than eternals for dps wise and preservers still better for tanking.

Unless we see massive itemization overhaul and like they promised eternal pieces will be superior than maybe drop rate should be increased a bit but still they shouldn't drop like cotton candies but yea there is dozen of problems of game and none of them focused which is making it worse.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by aileen View Post
    Ah I see, well its same for EU eternals are very rare and most of them coming from dev events but like I said I know few people ingame who got their eternal armor pieces from VP rares, expert dungeons and Celestial IAs.

To be honest I don't think eternal armor drop rate should be increased given fact they are bugged and we didn't see T2 upgrade paths too (thou we will get it in sometime) yet most overlord pieces are much better than eternals for dps wise and preservers still better for tanking.

Unless we see massive itemization overhaul and like they promised eternal pieces will be superior than maybe drop rate should be increased a bit but still they shouldn't drop like cotton candies but yea there is dozen of problems of game and none of them focused which is making it worse.
    Don't eternal armors give a new wardobe appearance? Sadly, at this stage in the game I wouldn't bother with an upgrade grind on something is not spectacular. I rather be rewarded with more CI for the footholds.

(Little known fact re: "tagging footholds"- you don't need to kill/tag the boss or the foothold. A few cannons/mobs will suffice (I don't know how many you need to kill; I stumbled on this fact by accident.))

Plane Touched

Don't eternal armors give a new wardobe appearance? Sadly, at this stage in the game I wouldn't bother with an upgrade grind on something is not spectacular. I rather be rewarded with more CI for the footholds.

(Little known fact re: "tagging footholds"- you don't need to kill/tag the boss or the foothold. A few cannons/mobs will suffice (I don't know how many you need to kill; I stumbled on this fact by accident.))
    funny enough my own testing shows tagging ONLY the foothold itself actually nets you no credit at all, flying in the face of all those who insisted you have to tag the foothold to get full credit in the ZE

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtheskull View Post
    funny enough my own testing shows tagging ONLY the foothold itself actually nets you no credit at all, flying in the face of all those who insisted you have to tag the foothold to get full credit in the ZE
    Pretty sure you need to tag the boss or at a minimum some of the protectors of the foothold in order to get credit.. Hitting *only* the foothold after the boss dies, might not yield credit.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    but people complained because the footholds were dying to fast and they couldn't tag them in time to get the currency. What's happening now is actually their fix for prior complaints.
    lol you just can't make people happy. i guess even if they have intel drop from the boss and forts people will cry they cant tag everything.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Soulwalker

Since I posted this I have seen an uptick in the number of tag and run players. What started with 2 full raids attacking went down to less than 1 in total numbers after less than 10% was done. They are also the most vocal to complain when the forts are not taken down fast enough yet there they sit doing nothing.

Telaran

Anyone else find it hilarious that Ankhet's footholds spawn Crucia's air invasions that then attack the foothold that spawns them?

You are mistaken. Anyone who hits the boss, and is in the zone, alive or dead at the end of the fight is eligible for the loot eternal drop. Last event I was in I saw a player who was dead at the end, get the eternal gear piece. The player posted it in chat after they rezed and could loot her bag.

Thunder

Plane Touched

can we get a pool of water near the hill so we can fish as we wait?
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Default How about this idea...

Cut the intel reward from the boss in half. Award half intel for clearing out a foothold. No extra for clearing out multiple footholds though. So, if you want full intel from the event, you will clear at least one foothold and then the boss. Also, need to be in proximity of the boss when it dies. No tagging and running off. Would encourage everyone to go kill footholds and then port back to the boss.
    Also, how about a portal that spawns in a turned foothold that will port you back to the boss by walking through it as well? save those running to them from missing the boss on a fast fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Poriq View Post
    Cut the intel reward from the boss in half. Award half intel for clearing out a foothold. No extra for clearing out multiple footholds though. So, if you want full intel from the event, you will clear at least one foothold and then the boss. Also, need to be in proximity of the boss when it dies. No tagging and running off. Would encourage everyone to go kill footholds and then port back to the boss.
    Also, how about a portal that spawns in a turned foothold that will port you back to the boss by walking through it as well? save those running to them from missing the boss on a fast fight?
    Seeing as you need like 200k Intel to upgrade Everything, If not more since t2 gear requires Intel to upgrade as well I dont see nerfing Intel as the way to go.

I dont see any issue with people afking in crossroads. I complete one foothold and then I go to the next event or do something else. We are rewarded the same. The difference is that it sometimes takes me 1 min to be eligible to the loot, and I have time to do other things. That is incentive to me. For others its Nice to do something else irl and tag boss when possible.

As long as the Intel needed is so massive I dont Believe in making it more demanding or more or an hassle to complete the grind.

Imo Intel required should be nerfed by quite a lot though. Without any vials it must be extremely tedious to get the upgrades done...
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    I dont see any issue with people afking in crossroads. I complete one foothold and then I go to the next event or do something else. We are rewarded the same.
    No, because some upgrades need you to tag the final boss, this is why people don't want to do the last fort and be stuck far away from the boss.
    What you do only works if you farm intel/events, but don't need the colossi.

The afk crossroads is direct consequence of this. Solving it is rather simple: make a portal spawn at each fort when it is taken, portal to crossroads, or magus tower. So those doing the work can also kill the boss.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast