+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ideas to improve eternal weapon

Soulwalker

Default Ideas to improve eternal weapon

By now it is very clear that the grind is absurd. You can calculate that it takes about half a year to upgrade the eternal to the highest level. Even if you grind a lot, it still takes over 4 months.
    And then we haven't talked about intel grind.

So what should change?
    Firstly the idea of the eternal was to level it up while you were gearing up. However not all requirements to level it up are necessary to gear up.

In particular the number of experts is way too much. I recommend changing it to 30-50. Unless you got horrible RNG, you don't need that many experts to gear up. Besides TD easy got low gear requirements.

I do would like to mention that making dungeons from previous expansion count, is a terrible idea. Over 80% will always choose the path of least resistance. The remainder will follow the majority. So people would do content which doesn't help them to gear up in other slots at all. That wouldn't make any sense.

Secondly I would change the number of TDs to 8 and more importantly TD raids after the first 2 free ones should have the same chance to give gear. Currency and fragments don't need to be added. By doing this you help new players to gear up. Currently most players do lots of TD runs without loot during this stage, because you don't want to wait 8 weeks. This helps new players a lot.

Thirdly the last stage really needs to take less than one month.
    Someone already had an excellent idea: Make the last boss in TD nm count.
    Also reduce the total number of bosses to 8. That is 4 weeks that way.

Also the wicket stage should be removed. I don't see what a minion has to do with raiding...

And what is the point of all those close X rift requirements? This may not take much time, but it is hardly related to gearing up in my point of view. Sure you have to do raid rifts, but those numbers are way too much.

The original idea of eternal weapons is good, but the implementation completely misses the mark. The eternal weapon shouldn't be the only reason to do content.

With these changes I'd estimate that it takes about 1.5 month to upgrade the eternal to last stage. I think that is reasonable. However if another upgrade is added, you may want to reduce it even more.

I think one of the best changes they can make is to allow people to upgrade Wicket (minion) while they are grinding experts. I also think 100 is a bit extreme and perhaps 50 is a bit more tolerable, however it is a grind, and it is the best weapon in the game.

Wicket (minion) should also be imo Global-wide meaning if you finished it on NA, it would count towards EU, so those people who play on both worlds don't have to spend 3-4 weeks upgrading one minion

One other thing: I think that NMR creatures should count towards that 1000 invasions since a lot of people run NMR these days and it would make more sense.

The 50 colossi is not too bad, so it should stay as is.

The particle quest is not related at all to anything other than just being a puzzle.. Some people (including me) struggle hard on this one lol. I don't like it in there at all. I still know some people who have not yet completed 25 particles and are almost done with their 16 High Priest kills I would change it to 10/15/20, not 15/20/25 to allow some of the people who are bad at puzzles/jumping etc to manage it.

I also think they should keep it to 16 High Priest kills.. It is the ultimate weapon and should take time to complete. Perhaps 10 weeks is okay, but nothing short of that. !6 is fine to me.
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    I do would like to mention that making dungeons from previous expansion count, is a terrible idea. Over 80% will always choose the path of least resistance. The remainder will follow the majority. So people would do content which doesn't help them to gear up in other slots at all. That wouldn't make any sense.
    I disagree with you on this, and its because you always get people asking why nobody does any dungeons or warfronts below level 65. I absolutely do feel that making all dungeons count towards the eternal would be a good thing because it would increase content available to all characters.

New player experience isn't that great anymore -- you used to be able to do warfronts and dungeons while leveling -- just join a queue and do quests and eventually you'll get one, now everybody just does IAs because the queues don't pop for dungeons, the queues don't pop for warfronts, and questing has gotten boring and less rewarding than the easymode IAs. Give max level players some kind of reason to be doing sub-65 content again and that would change.

Also, path of least resistance WOULD be to do older dungeons -- because they're easier. Would you rather mentor down and facesmash a dungeon meant for level 60s, instead of doing Temple of Ananke for the 400th time as a 70? And in so doing help a couple guildies who are still leveling to avoid a few levels of IA grind.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Does the "grind" need to be a punishment? It sure feels that way to a large number pf players.
    As for TD Easy drops... The drop rate is nothing resembling what it was in the first 6 months of release. Many of my returning players were discouraged by this fact. The silver lining had been receiving Ethereal Shards from farming TD Easy, since they were not seeing drops to save their lives. Thankfully, there is the LFR gear on the Riftstore to assist in progression.

On the Eternal Weapon series...
    The particle puzzle induces heavy drinking and ********* consumption goes right off the map!
    Seriously, the puzzle is difficult for some and others find it to be easy, peasy. How about a choice of another avenue for the puzzle to give peeps a chance at getting through that stage of things?

SPE's....

100?? Really? Thank God I have guildies that are very kind and courteous to the others in guild and beyond. We have reached out to peeps that landed on our friends lists to help em through it too. A punishment? You might call it that if you're on the "fun side of the bar"...
    All we can do is help one another through it and remember our time of need and offer help to those that are in need.

Minions? What on God's green earth? That one can just go away! The stamina on Wicket is pathetic at best. Punishment...

One thing that we as a community MUST remember is to be a good steward of the game.
    Yes, there are some aspects of progression that are painful, but we as a community need not add to the "Active Player Crisis".

Is the suggestions and other feedback in this forum being considered? Are people sticking around or leaving our beloved game and moving on?
    Banned

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    I think one of the best changes they can make is to allow people to upgrade Wicket (minion) while they are grinding experts.
    This is actually such a smart idea, but if they did this, I think it would have to stay at 100.

The Eternal weapon was introduced before Vostigar Peaks and the intel grind slavery were implemented, iirc. There was much less players felt they HAD to do, so this gating structure made more sense. Given the new intel grind, splitting players between waiting for Wicket, then doing 100 experts and also needing to grind intel is way too many things to feasibly split player's attention between when catching up.

Shadowlander

Get rid of anything particle related

+ Reply to Thread