+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Slave To The Grind

Rift Disciple

I just set realistic expectations about what I can accomplish in the game based on my time and commitment level.

For example, I've long since dropped from a full-time raid spot and now just play a bench roll, filling in when I can and when I feel I will not hurt the group. With that mindset, I don't feel the "requirement" to rush for BiS gear by grinding, or paying, or monumental upgrade costs, etc. It will come one day; and probably be replaced by green gear soon enough anyway.

I'm more free to actually enjoy the aspects of the game that interest me and are attainable - so many achievements, fluff items, artifacts etc to keep me occupied for an hour or two a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Thanks Samuraiko. Updated.
    Not a problem - FYI, I updated my post with Khort's info - butcherable air invasions.

Also, keep an eye on my post and I'll include the waypoints for where the special wardstones will appear later this evening when I'm done with work. That way you can just head there and then shard hop til you find a shard where the wardstone is available to upgrade and thus trigger the swarm.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Rift Master

A very good write up and summary by Hepatits of some of the key problems affecting Rift.

A Little story....
    I was asked during a livestream by Trion to email them specifically with suggestions for catch up mechanics (On the livestreams I am Balidorf if anyone cares). I took an hour out of writing my masters thesis to constrct this email because they asked me and I wanted to help. I recieved no reply at all, not even a confirmation. This was over 2 months ago.

The reason I bring this up is, that at this point I no longer believe Trion wishes to act on feedback. Nothing will shake them from what they believe is the right thing to do. We have time and time again talked about the grind and how it puts players off of the game, how little content there is (4 end game dungeons for example) and apparently this is totally fine.

Systems introuduced in this expansion have caused more harm than good. Making gear generic made aquiring loot very boring and the fragment system causes anxiety and sadness for players. I spent a lot of a livestream the other week trying to convince Trion to focus more on the best part of Rift (the soul system) but they are set in their ways and refuse to budge. I no longer post on these forums (besides this one of course) as I no longer feel it does any good to try and help Trion make Rift a better game.

Ultimately Trion are set on their course.They have their plan and nothing will change that. It is very saddening but there we go. It's their game and they can do what they want.

There is a specific MMO coming hopefully next year which I think myself and my guild will be moving to. It is by several ex Vanguard and Everquest Devs.
    Last edited by Balidin; 11-13-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Can I ask if you sent that via Twitch? That could be the issue, posting on forums is usually the recommendation or to Yaviey here or on twitter.

You guys hit the nail on this one. I personally left the game a few weeks ago, I simply just got sick and tired of experiencing and watching the painful decision making and direction this game has been heading towards. I loved Rift and I truly do hope things take a turn for the better...but for now I'm on datttttt #GuildWars 2 flow babyy
    Empirez -- Faeblight -- 70 Warrior-Overlord-Tempest-Paragon-Champion-Warchanter-Lib -- <Dawn of Terror> 4/4 IROTP -- 4/4 NM TD --

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Can I ask if you sent that via Twitch? That could be the issue, posting on forums is usually the recommendation or to Yaviey here or on twitter.
    I was asked to email a specific person, not through twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Thus, leaving the choice of progress or stagnation?
    It leaves the choice of progressing in a way I enjoy rather than some self-inflicted rush only to endure yet another self-inflicted rush the moment something more powerful is released. There is no point in playing a game for fun in a way I don't find to be so.

I think a feeling of stagnation would occur more often in those that must always be at the bleeding edge. Rush, rush, rush to get to the top, and then suddenly there is nothing to do while they wait for the next bit of content to burn through at breakneck speed. That seems to me a path destined for dissatisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I was asked to email a specific person, not through twitch.
    1. Send it again.
    2. Post the suggestions on the forums. If it's something that's sensitive send it via PM.
    2.1. Most of the devs don't frequent the forums, so I would send it to Yaviey, who does.
    2.2. I have no idea if Yaviey has the time to read all her DMs on the forums and it's a limited function anyway.
    3. If you get nothing there pop into discord and ask around to see if it can be forwarded this way. It shouldn't be, but the reality is this has gotten through when other means haven't.

It would be nice if there were a dedicated means of forwarding information that doesn't include posting publicly.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFalz View Post
    It leaves the choice of progressing in a way I enjoy rather than some self-inflicted rush only to endure yet another self-inflicted rush the moment something more powerful is released. There is no point in playing a game for fun in a way I don't find to be so.

I think a feeling of stagnation would occur more often in those that must always be at the bleeding edge. Rush, rush, rush to get to the top, and then suddenly there is nothing to do while they wait for the next bit of content to burn through at breakneck speed. That seems to me a path destined for dissatisfaction.
    I am the GM of a casual raiding guild that is active and doing guild group content every week. While we actively raid, I'll tell you precisely what we aren't. We are NOT Trinity, Nefarious or Lemme Smash. Nope, the breakneck speed thing doesn't happen with us. Not high strung enough for that drama.

Frankly, I've been lazy enough to blow off the 100 SPE's for months. The new dungeons just aren't as fun as some of the old ones were.

Champion

Came back after a year, took a look at what it took to be 70 and just gave up.

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post
    getting to 70 is an easy part, real grind starts after that.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post

What ISP said! The grind doesn't start until you acquire LFR/Eternal/Planar Crafted gear. Then the flood gates open up with mass requirements for upgrade path.

While LFR is easy upgrade by doing 10 specified dungeons or 30 Colossi kills. At least this will get you into T1 content. Once there the grind is T1 boss kills which takes 10 weeks to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    I am the GM of a casual raiding guild that is active and doing guild group content every week. While we actively raid, I'll tell you precisely what we aren't. We are NOT Trinity, Nefarious or Lemme Smash. Nope, the breakneck speed thing doesn't happen with us. Not high strung enough for that drama.

Frankly, I've been lazy enough to blow off the 100 SPE's for months. The new dungeons just aren't as fun as some of the old ones were.
    Honestly, the grind has gotten too much for even Trinity, as well. Most of us are on hiatus and we haven't even touched most of t2. There's a point where you have to ask yourself 'am i still enjoying this and having fun? Is it worth it?'

I've made a lot of suggestions on the forums on how to improve the game, but it seems like the development isn't interested in hearing from us, so what can you do, really?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    Honestly, the grind has gotten too much for even Trinity, as well. Most of us are on hiatus and we haven't even touched most of t2. There's a point where you have to ask yourself 'am i still enjoying this and having fun? Is it worth it?'

I've made a lot of suggestions on the forums on how to improve the game, but it seems like the development isn't interested in hearing from us, so what can you do, really?
    They like doubling down on what drives people nuts...which is also driving people away.
    I play hybrids...deal with it.

Updated with PTW coordinates. (Again, thanks Samuraiko.)
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast